Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxer you liked but didn't made it!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxer you liked but didn't made it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Cecilio Espino was one of the first guys I saw pushed out of the La Forum and loved his style. But once he was beat by a 50-50 guy and Camputatro broke a record landing shots on him in a ESPN war, things were clear

Charles Brewer. Well he did 'make' it I guess but THIS dude was fun tv. The literal live by the sword or die by the sword

Urbano Antillon....just *poof*

Brewer was the man. Loved that guy, just the epitome of a warrior. Great puncher and heart.

I'll add Randall Bailey to this list. Yes, he became 2 time world champ, but he was supposed to be the next Tommy Hearns at one point early in his career.

Still love that Mike Jones KO. He's delivered so many great KO's over the years.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cecilio Espino was one of the first guys I saw pushed out of the La Forum and loved his style. But once he was beat by a 50-50 guy and Camputatro broke a record landing shots on him in a ESPN war, things were clear

Charles Brewer. Well he did 'make' it I guess but THIS dude was fun tv. The literal live by the sword or die by the sword

Randy I remember the fight with Espino it was Abnar Barajas wasn't it who shocked him on points ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aaron Williams was a cruiserweight prospect from Cleveland who I thought ridiculously high of. He had everything and for a big guy he was such a fluid boxer with not a lot of bad habits. He got buzzed by a hard hitting Colombian on ESPN and never recovered. He fought in an eliminator against Yoan Pablo and I thought he earned a draw but got 3 ridiculous scorecards. Then he disappeared. I don't know, rarely am I that wrong about someone. I mean dead wrong, but that is why you can't judge a guy's prospects on what he does in the ring. There are too many other factors. I still think he had the skills to even bulk up and be a very good heavyweight.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    I often get away with my spelling! I should probably read what i write twice. and do a few english writing classes.

I remember a few years ago probably 5-6 years ago i saw this Argentina guy on television, he was quite young but he was incredible fast but i cannot remember his name! Do anybody know who i thinking off?
    Pretty small guy
    Bit earlier than you said but Julio Pablo Chacon,small but solidish feather weight, was still feisty around 2005, but was on the end of his career had his best at featherweight retired at super feather.

Led me to thinking about this tough Argentinian bloke Juan Roldan,game as, hit like a train and was just smack in the middle of the toughest division of all time.You gotta like him.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tunde the doctor Foster was an exciting fighter from NY , he didn't win a world title but was good fun to watch.

Finished 22 wins (16kos) 3 losses all by ko.

Johnny Duplessis ended his unbeaten run , but he did ko good fighters like Johnny De La Rosa.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Francisco Panchito Bojado.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Randy I remember the fight with Espino it was Abnar Barajas wasn't it who shocked him on points ?
    Yeh bud that's the one. Another in deceptive stats as they introduced him as 16-6?! Close one with Espino sending his mouth piece flying a couple time and bloodying his nose in late rally but not enough.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good I can finally wave the flag. Well kinda lol.

The Cabbage Town Kid Sean O"Sullivan. Thanks Simon Brown YOU DICK
    Willie Dewitt. If I wasn't broke at the time, I may have put a contract out on Mr. Copper.
    Kirk Johnson. The talented lazy F$%^.
    Davey Hilton. He could have been so much more along with one or two other brothers. It was pretty well known that he came from a tough upbringing with a fk'd up family but I had no idea he in particular was that fk'd up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Good I can finally wave the flag. Well kinda lol.

The Cabbage Town Kid Sean O"Sullivan. Thanks Simon Brown YOU DICK
    Willie Dewitt. If I wasn't broke at the time, I may have put a contract out on Mr. Copper.
    Kirk Johnson. The talented lazy F$%^.
    Davey Hilton. He could have been so much more along with one or two other brothers. It was pretty well known that he came from a tough upbringing with a fk'd up family but I had no idea he in particular was that fk'd up.

First interest in following boxing was watching Sean O'Sullivan and Willie Dewitt in the 84 Olympics. I watched with my grandfather and had my first beer. I was 13 and just joined boxing a year before. Haven't heard those names in years.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Francisco Panchito Bojado.
    I thought Bojado would be a champ. Solid skills but ran into mediocre fighters who IMO fought their best fight against Francisco.

HW contender Chazz Witherspoon. His workrate increased as the Fight progressed. Just didn't have enough power or solid chin.

HW contender Malcolm The Show stopper Tann real likeable personality. Good boxer, decent power. But just like Chazz...he, too ran into ca then determined Chris Arreola.

James Kirkland. What's there to not like about the Mandingo warrior? Skills or not...if he had stayed with wolf...

Carlos Quintana. Solid skills boxer puncher..great footwork. Even though he won the title from Paul Williams, he would never have a better performance. He had tissue paper skin. He just couldn't handle punishment, bruises easy, cut easy, tires easy.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-23-2015 at 08:47 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ian Nappa. Reminded me of a young Floyd. Talent galore.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did I miss this first time? Loved Espino. Remember Ysias Zamudio? Rudy Zavala? I thought Johnny Chavez from Azusa was pretty good until he lost his vision.
    @SlimTrae...I know guys that used to go to Bojado's gym. They say he is the greatest gym fighter of all time. If you go to his gym he will kick your ass, heavyweight to flyweight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about another puncher, Teddy Reid.

He had the power...but his form wasn't so good or his chin. Exciting though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Price. His chin looks horridly suspect now but a fee years back he was the next big thing.

Sebastian Lujan is probably my favorite fighter to watch as I love his style and althought he did box for world honours and at a high level, I feel he missed out on a world title that he could have won.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

I figured more on there would be saying Francisco Panchito Bojado, he was supposed to be the next Fernando Vargas, he was all action, good chin, good power, just well put together. He and Hatton and Cotto and Abdullaev were all on a collision course at 140! It's a shame that never panned out, none of them fought each other outside of Cotto kicking Abdullaev's ass which really proved to me Cotto was the goods.

Joe Mesi, he was a guy I was never a fan of, but I always loved watching his fights it's just a shame he had that brain bleed after the Jirov fight.

Dominick Guinn, holy shit the dude had EVERYTHING going for him GREAT chin, solid handspeed, good pop, but that fight vs Michael Grant early on showed me that he didn't have the killer instinct to be a heavyweight champion. For some reason the guy stopped letting his hands go.

George 'Monk' Foreman, he was being brought along at a Deontay Wilder kind of pace when he was still fighting, not sure what happened but it's a shame he didn't get into boxing sooner.

Malcom Tann, good call SlimTrae, he had big size, he was in good shape (at first) but he never made the adjustments and upgraded himself to deal with better skilled boxers.

Thread Information