Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default achilles heel

after about 2 years my achilles problem is catching up to me. What was once a dull, heavy pain is now sharp and peircing. This is hindering some good progress I've made for the last few months. I'm sparring regularly and training at higher intensity but this has sidelined me for a week. I fear the time off could increase if my achilles is going and it is going. I can't skip for s**t and I love to skip. I'm going to see a foot doctor tomorrow. So do I sit out until I get better or do I keep training and not skip rope? Just to let you, I began having rt hip pain so I began compenstating the weight by working my left leg harder in simple things like walking. As a result, I screwed up my lt heel. Any advice?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: achilles heel

The times Ive heard this tale. so have you stretched it bet you havent. The body works all or nothing you have achilles problems the rest of the body over compensates your biomechanics are given the wrong impulses to maintain oral stability, the head. Its only just starting the problems youre going to have soon the headaches will be next, then the pins and needles in your fingers. If you dont keep up proper maintainance on the body it will get the hump, and go on strike. You can have the big house and flash car, but the most expensive thing youll ever have is you, so look after yourself stretch and have proper form youre the only thing you have.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanx scrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That flippin achills heel is angry. I was saw guy, who was only doing the pads with someone, snap his achilles heel. I felt terrible for him, but morbidly found it humurous. He was only moving a bit. Let this be a lesson to all the trainers to be in the basic shape.

Old Town Boxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw foot doctor today and got some xrays. He says I needed more support so he gave me orthotics. X-rays were cool. If things get worse in a month, we'll get an MRI. Hopefully that isn't necessary. Yesterday, I trained. Started with good strecthing and then sparring. After floor excercises and bag work, I skipped rope for 3 rounds. Worked out okay. I didn't do anything fancy skipping and couldn't get as rythmic as I wanted but I gained my confidence back. I took this day off and I will go back and do the same routine tomorrow. Hopefully I'm up for roadwork by this Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanIV
    I saw foot doctor today and got some xrays. He says I needed more support so he gave me orthotics. X-rays were cool. If things get worse in a month, we'll get an MRI. Hopefully that isn't necessary. Yesterday, I trained. Started with good strecthing and then sparring. After floor excercises and bag work, I skipped rope for 3 rounds. Worked out okay. I didn't do anything fancy skipping and couldn't get as rythmic as I wanted but I gained my confidence back. I took this day off and I will go back and do the same routine tomorrow. Hopefully I'm up for roadwork by this Sunday.
    I have had similar problem . Dr. gave me shoe inserts , and all is much better ! also wearing a high top shoe when out doing road work, as opposed to the lower cross trainers. got me several pairs of thicker leather boxing boots with better ankle support also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be aware that orthotics that raise your heel can help short-term and ease the immedite discomfort but don't fix the problem. In fact, they can make the problem worse by shortening the muscles and tendons further. If for some reason you forget to put them in once your injury feels better more stress is placed on the soft tissues and heel bone.

Scrap's spot on again - stretch.

Thread Information