Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Here's the Hopkins 'White Boy' incident

Not sure if this clip has been put on here before, but today was the first time I saw it.

Good bit of banter between Calzaghe and Hopkins.

[yt=425,350]NtB0gD6O_Ak[/yt]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Here's the Hopkins 'White Boy' incident

Hmm the youtube auto embed doesn't seem to work any more

Ah well the link is here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB0gD6O_Ak

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernard is the one who sounded punch drunk and I think he is more worried than he is trying to let on. He was the one who walked away first Joe stood his ground and B-Hop is foolish to dismiss Kessler like that. Get em whitey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After seeing that footage i do think he crossed the line a bit..

I thought it was kind of like a "okay white boy, you can't beat me" type of thing but it wasn't.

then after saying it 5 times he says "i'll never lose to a white person".. no need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope that this doesn't turn into a black and white thing, because that aint what its about. If it does people should remember who instigated it. I think Hopkins' comments are disgusting, but no doubt he'll get away with them. What would happen if Calzaghe had said "no black boy's gonna beat me"?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joe should say that just to turn it around, lets see the reaction from the black community. Al Sharpton would be on his ass like white on rice....pun intended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33
    After seeing that footage i do think he crossed the line a bit..

I thought it was kind of like a "okay white boy, you can't beat me" type of thing but it wasn't.

then after saying it 5 times he says "i'll never lose to a white person".. no need.
    agreed !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I'm sure B-Hop isnt a racist, its just a retarded thing to say. He may be trying to use mind games but c'mon man dont be ignorant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it seems more like mind games to me im not suprise its b-hop maybe he's hyping the potential match

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What really pisses me off is when Joe says "you lost to Jermain Taylor twice man" B-Hop says "you really think I lost those fights?" Joe is then diplomatic and says "ok, 50-50" (coz the first one was close) and then B-Hop steams over him with his loud fucking voice.

B-Hop is an arsehole. Playing the race card just shows he's rattled IMO. Trouble is, he's a supremely talented arsehole.

Still, Joe is fighting sensationally and I think he will outwork B-Hop. Winky showed how to beat Bernard - keep him working for 12 hard rounds. Trouble was Winky didn't have the size or punch to worry Hopkins. Hopefully Joe's harder punches and bigger engine will be the difference.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just quit bullshitting and sign the damn fight, you know they're gonna fight. Split the fight 60/40 B-Hop have the fight in Millenium Stadium and show it on PPV in the states. Make it happen already!! Summer 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it is in bernard's best interest to to goad joe like that, Joe is at his best when he is motivated and ups his game in big fights, he looked phenomenal punishing lacy and kessler and they didn't talk trash. also I would rather this fight happen in states coz that is the only knock on Joe's career (Europe champion)
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

SigmaMu Guest

I want Joe to beat Bernard's black behind!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    I don't think it is in bernard's best interest to to goad joe like that, Joe is at his best when he is motivated and ups his game in big fights, he looked phenomenal punishing lacy and kessler and they didn't talk trash. also I would rather this fight happen in states coz that is the only knock on Joe's career (Europe champion)
    B Hop has always been like this. He pushed Winky's face at the way in, he stole Tito's national flag at a press conference too.

Personally I think this is the kind of stuff that boxing needs more of. They are going to fight after all, since when do two people about to beat each other up need to be diplomatice.

People want to see rivalries, they want to see animosity and hatred so that it becomes personal when they fight.

Since when has any fight in history had less of an audience because one or other of the fighters went OTT in the buildup?

Most hardcore fans thing Hopkins is old and won't be competitive against a younger Calzaghe. Some say they just arn't really interested in the fight.

Hopkins' attacking Calzaghe and the two having a big fued going on is just the kind of hype that the fight needs to make it sell.

B Hop is doing his job in hyping the fight and making us want to see it.

I salute him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i must say i would love to see calzaghe whup hopkins hop showed his true colors --he is a racist pure and simple.........if calzaghe made similar comments against hop --aside from it being equally as vile---he would be publicly scorned and likely his career would be over...seriously.....actually i think it reveals how nervous hop is --joe didnt look a bit scared he actually looked amused and almost like he pitied hop----

go joe

Thread Information