Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chico is suing JLC(check out the amount?!?!?!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chico is suing JLC(check out the amount?!?!?!)

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...proURiOkE.html

Corrales sues Castillo!

Tuesday, June 13 2006

WBC lightweight champion Diego Corrales and his promoter Gary Shaw have taken legal action against Jose Luis Castillo and Castillo's promoter Top Rank. Corrales is seeking $1.2 million (the purse he would have made against Castillo, had Castillo made weight in their aborted third fight on June 3), plus $10 million in punitive damages. Shaw, who was the co-promoter of the cancelled fight, is seeking $750,000 in damages and $10 million in punitive damages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chico is suing JLC(check out the amount?!?!?!)

Wow, well I guess in america its pretty much name your price when it comes to sueing. I think they'll get it as well.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's sounds about right.....Castillo has screwed him twice..and all that training for nothing..the buildup...his time....everyone knows that with boxing you only have so much time to make what you can and get out....who knows how much Castillo cost chico in future fights?....but this should send a message to anyone else that waits til its too late to call off a fight....had he done it weeks earlier Chico might have been able to find another quality opponent.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    that's sounds about right.....Castillo has screwed him twice..and all that training for nothing..the buildup...his time....everyone knows that with boxing you only have so much time to make what you can and get out....who knows how much Castillo cost chico in future fights?....but this should send a message to anyone else that waits til its too late to call off a fight....had he done it weeks earlier Chico might have been able to find another quality opponent.....
    CC,well put and even though it is alot of $$$,it will deter anyone else from doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    CC,well put and even though it is alot of $$$,it will deter anyone else from doing the same thing.
    CC back at cha....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good....Castillo deserves to loose every bit that he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Training camps are month's long, Corrales lost time, energy, blood and guts, and most importantly a long stint without sex. Trainers don't allow any sex for their boxers through camp. Castillo deserves to get sued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

Training camps are month's long, Corrales lost time, energy, blood and guts, and most importantly a long stint without sex. Trainers don't allow any sex for their boxers through camp. Castillo deserves to get sued.
    umm...ok ...thought the no sex thing was an old wives tale.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...proURiOkE.html

Corrales sues Castillo!

Tuesday, June 13 2006

WBC lightweight champion Diego Corrales and his promoter Gary Shaw have taken legal action against Jose Luis Castillo and Castillo's promoter Top Rank. Corrales is seeking $1.2 million (the purse he would have made against Castillo, had Castillo made weight in their aborted third fight on June 3), plus $10 million in punitive damages. Shaw, who was the co-promoter of the cancelled fight, is seeking $750,000 in damages and $10 million in punitive damages.

Totally agree with this.

JCC cost Chico the bulk of the year not to mention the bank. This IWO should teach those batches a lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Wow, well I guess in america its pretty much name your price when it comes to sueing. I think they'll get it as well.
    Has nothing to do with America...fans lost, networks lost, & the fighter lost...again...to sue for damages is to sue for damages!

Agreed & well said.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't speak for every single fighter but as far as myself and the boxers in my gym that is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Castillo: the how to make weight deit"-(another thread , sorry.) 20 mil plus? me? id be perhaps he can go to JCs weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't speak for every single fighter but as far as myself and the boxers in my gym that is true.
    ohhhh...that sucks balls man....well not in your camp..lol must want you guys to be meaner than a rabid JYD.....or really frustrated....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Chico's pursuit of the money. I think that the case probably isn't that strong though. If he won then it would change boxing forever because now fighters would have to make sure that they came in at weight or else they could be sued. I don't think he'll win though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didn't you see rocky? "women weakens legs".

but really like some bigshot once said, "one man's meat, another's poison is".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so thats why ruiz hugs so much when he fights. He couldnt fuck his wife while training so he wants to fuck his opponent
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information