Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jade Goody, not much time left

That's too bad. she took a lot of shit in the media, but it's still unfortunate that someone with two young children be taken so young.

not much of a life. I guess when you look at her, the product of druggies and brought up in a poor section of town, you realize that your life aint so bad.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jade Goody, not much time left

I don't really know why she is hated so much. In a way I kind of admire what she has achieved.

She came from nothing, living on a council estate, thick as shit with no prospects, was on a reality show along with dozens of others of wannabes but unlike virtually all of the rest of them she managed to build a successful career out of it.

When you think of all the hundreds of reality stars that have been created now in the UK she was the only one who managed to turn it into a winning financial windfall for herself.

Amazingly she wrote a series of books all of which were big sellers, she made her own perfume range which was a best seller and she even turned her mother and fiance into reality tv stars in their own right.

She behaved badly on the celebrity version but really that's just her upbringing, you stick a common as muck person on tv how do you expect them to behave?

To all those who hate her or begrudge her success I don't really understand it. She came from a background where she had zero prospects and managed against the odds to become famous and make a stack of money.

Why should we begrudge her that, jeoulousy? I dunno

Now she's dying of cancer tragically at only 27 and there are thousands of people who seemingly applaud the idea and make jokes about it.

That I really don't understand. I mean for all her very public faults, cheering the death of someone dying of cancer wasn't one of them.

I simply don't understand the logic of people who think she's trash and a scumbag and therefore they can think its funny that she's dying, and that this laughing at someone dying of cancer doesn't make them lower on the human rating scale then her. Because as far as I see it, it clearly does.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Now she's dying of cancer tragically at only 27 and there are thousands of people who seemingly applaud the idea and make jokes about it.

That I really don't understand. I mean for all her very public faults, cheering the death of someone dying of cancer wasn't one of them.

I simply don't understand the logic of people who think she's trash and a scumbag and therefore they can think its funny that she's dying, and that this laughing at someone dying of cancer doesn't make them lower on the human rating scale then her. Because as far as I see it, it clearly does.
    ........ that'll be moi

Sorry mate - I don't know her, nor her family and don't feel one single iota of a twinge of sympathy for the fat useless uber-chav that she is.

Seriously, I have the social conscience of a flu virus so I wouldn;t lose a wink of sleep if they all died.

I mean - anyone who decides to make a reality show about her last few months doesn't want or even understand the concept of dignity.

. though I couldn;t help chuckling at the irony that the one channel that will be screening her final weeks should be called UK Living......

Any pretend sympathy and hand wringing coming from my general area would be a complete lie, so I just won't bother.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.... incidentally, I can direct you to a related and somewhat amusing thread elsewhere if you like?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha the UK Living channel thing is funny. Don't you feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for her though?

Is it just her in particular or people in general. Would you not care less if I don't know Tony Blair was dying or Terry Wogan for example?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, no sympathy for her at all. I'm pretty equal opportunity about it as I wouldn't feel anything much if Blair or Wogan was dying.

I am saving some ire for Jade though, as I despised everything she was and stood for during her mercifully brief time here (mercifully for me that is)

I was upset when my brother in law died of brain cancer in just 2 weeks a few months ago ...... but I knew him and liked him, whereas none of those things apply to the (now) skinny piglet. Nobody was weeping and wringing their hands on the internet about him, he was a much more worthwhile human than that fat shit and nobody paid him money for a reality show, or got upset about the family he left behind.

At the risk of repeating myself ....... the only thing better than Jade Goody ... is no Jade Goody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually X, I disagree with you. I think she is very brave for living her final days in public. I think it will help a lot of people realize how fragile life really is. One minute you're here, the next you're gone. I thin it takes a lot of courage to show people what it's like to go through something like that. Not everyone knows how bad cancer really is.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    Actually X, I disagree with you. I think she is very brave for living her final days in public. I think it will help a lot of people realize how fragile life really is. One minute you're here, the next you're gone. I thin it takes a lot of courage to show people what it's like to go through something like that. Not everyone knows how bad cancer really is.
    Yeah I agree mate, I think she's coping with it the best way she can. She's used to her life being something of a media circus now and living it out publicly will probably help her cope better, the attention will cocoon her slightly from the realities of facing cancer all alone, and she's also going to make a whole lot of money very quickly to provide for her two kids which is what a loving mother would naturally want to do.

I think its romantic she's getting married next week but there's a bit of me that can't help wondering of Jack Tweed isn't doing this to line his pockets. I mean he can marry her knowing he's off the hook in a few months, and will also be heir to a sizeable sum of cash. Not bad for someone who was in prison until a few days ago

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't care less to be honest. Sounds like a horrible way to die and I wouldn't wish it on anybody (except my neighbors) but I don't know her and I know very little about her.

I think most people know someone who has died from or survived cancer, so it's not like she is offering anything insightful, new or relevant IMO.

I just feel pity for the kids not having a Mum. But Goody herself? No, doesn't bother me. If death was closer to home then it would be a different story of course. And I have dealt with death more than a few times. Not my own, however.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there's a bit of me that can't help wondering of Jack Tweed isn't doing this to line his pockets. I mean he can marry her knowing he's off the hook in a few months, and will also be heir to a sizeable sum of cash. Not bad for someone who was in prison until a few days ago

Well, now you mention it, I heard that Jade Goody and Jack Tweed have agreed not to take each other's names but to merge the two names into one.

So when Jade dies and Jack inherits all her money, he will be known as Jack Gweedy

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    there's a bit of me that can't help wondering of Jack Tweed isn't doing this to line his pockets. I mean he can marry her knowing he's off the hook in a few months, and will also be heir to a sizeable sum of cash. Not bad for someone who was in prison until a few days ago

Well, now you mention it, I heard that Jade Goody and Jack Tweed have agreed not to take each other's names but to merge the two names into one.

So when Jade dies and Jack inherits all her money, he will be known as Jack Gweedy
    Hahaha very Good, y
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me an old cynic, but I don't believe people should rush into marriage.

Look at that Jade Goody and that Jack fella... You mark my words, they'll only last a month.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can't stand jade goody and don't get how she has risen to such heights but for a 27 year old with two kids to end up like this is tragic beyond words - wouldnt wish that on anyone.

and in a way i can see why she is trying to get every penny she can in her final days to make sure her kids are ok. Most people would I think - and i'm sure thats all shes thinking about.

Wonder if Jack has signed a pre nup so it doesnt all go to him ??

Her mum is a fuck up mind and what fucks me off is what kind of society we live in where people are riveted by Jade Goody's every move and buy things like Jade perfume ?!?! What the fuck is going on there ? The worlds gone mad
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jade Goody in a wedding dress
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

made a mint out of being extremely not thick.

Not that i dont feel desperately sorry for her family, children and close friends.

But there are terminally ill patients who havent got a penny to leave to their family members that never get a mention in the media. Why should we suddenly have this outburst of emotion for 1 person.

And isnt it kind of two faced that the very people that did the upmost to make her life a misery are now demanding we all make jades last few months in this world a pleasent one ??

Thread Information