User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khan's speed and accuracy...

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Re: Khan's speed and accuracy...

Khan has a tendency to punch wide and leave his chin wide open. He has never avenged any of his losses and barely got by Julio Diaz who put him on his ass. If he took the fight with Alexander and won then maybe it would have been a little more justifiable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans got a better chance than anyone at 147 I think he would even do better than pacman cause pacmans too aggressive and will play right into floyds hands. If khan vs floyd happens unless floyd stops khan I think it will be very competitive.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

khan doesnt have much chance i dont think, as seems to be the general opinion

i think what we should be looking at is his chances going into a fight in comparision with mayweathers other opponents

i think if you take mayweathers last 8 oponents

alverez, guerrero, cotto, ortiz, mosley, marquez, hatton, de la hoya

i reckon if you would have asked me before the fights who had a better chance than khan of winning id of said alverez, hatton and de la hoya

i think khan has a better chance than all of guerrero, cotto, ortiz, mosley and marquez had

so im happy with the fight

p.s. yes i did consult boxrec to compile this post which is sad i know but its friday and i cant be bummed doing any work
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

based on his speed and accuracy by the way
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Khan has a tendency to punch wide and leave his chin wide open. He has never avenged any of his losses and barely got by Julio Diaz who put him on his ass. If he took the fight with Alexander and won then maybe it would have been a little more justifiable.
    This sums it up^^

No losses have ever been avenged.
    It sounds as though khan will give floyd problems and even im alittle worried...until you see khans last fight. Diaz was 8 years out of prime and a lightweight.

If alexander wins he will get the shot on may the 3rd.

Bradley and garcia deserve it but thats another topic.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has never been out-boxed in any of his fights. The Peterson fight was a rip off for him. He was totally ripped off.

With that being said, we all know Floyd will be Floyd- picking you off, catching you off balance, and moving out of the way.

But, Khan's speed and accuracy down the pike for the first few rounds will be there. Not sure if Khan's power is enough to stun Mayweather into stopping, but I have a feeling that if Khan can sustain his work-rate through the entire fight he can win rounds- vital rounds that hardly anyone wins against Mayweather.

The way it looks to me, Mayweather has to win this one by KO- or score two or three knockdowns in this fight.

Floyd is a little older now. He doesn't fight as much in the ring as he used to. In fact, I can count Floyd's punches per round on one hand. With diminishing power, it's really an interesting fight.

Of course, Khan is GOBSMACKED to be in the ring with Mayweather. Unlike Guerrero, who came in with oodles of confidence and heart but just did not have the tools to do the job.

Khan better get into fight mode and try to win this fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Khan has never been out-boxed in any of his fights. The Peterson fight was a rip off for him. He was totally ripped off.

With that being said, we all know Floyd will be Floyd- picking you off, catching you off balance, and moving out of the way.

But, Khan's speed and accuracy down the pike for the first few rounds will be there. Not sure if Khan's power is enough to stun Mayweather into stopping, but I have a feeling that if Khan can sustain his work-rate through the entire fight he can win rounds- vital rounds that hardly anyone wins against Mayweather.

The way it looks to me, Mayweather has to win this one by KO- or score two or three knockdowns in this fight.

Floyd is a little older now. He doesn't fight as much in the ring as he used to. In fact, I can count Floyd's punches per round on one hand. With diminishing power, it's really an interesting fight.

Of course, Khan is GOBSMACKED to be in the ring with Mayweather. Unlike Guerrero, who came in with oodles of confidence and heart but just did not have the tools to do the job.

Khan better get into fight mode and try to win this fight.
    Sir, what do you call being knocked down and finally having the referee come to your rescue, if it's not being out boxed.
    Slipping punches, staying in position, using the ring, concentration, and I did mention avoiding punches are all part of boxing--where I come from. Oh yeah, let's not forget listening to the referee's warnings, it's something you have to do in boxing.
    Khan's problem is loss of concentration, he will be fighting a great fight, doing everything right and suddenly he'll leave his chin hanging or slow down and allow himself to be outworked.
    Losing concentration is bad in boxing, leaving you chin open is bad in boxing, ignoring the referee is bad in boxing, so in my opinion, Khan has been out-boxed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch Khan's last fight and watch Floyd's last fight back to back and try and give me one good reason why Khan even belongs in the same zip code as Floyd, never mind the same ring.

Floyd will take three rounds max to time Khan and then batter him with right hand counters every time Khan attacks. This fight will show Khan has exactly one dimension and Mayweather is playing eleven dimensional chess.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Khan completely out boxes Mayweather and wins a huge UD but gets robbed. I don't think Mayweather will hit Khan as easily as everyone thinks and when he does land it won't hurt Khan. Khan will move in and out land one 2 combos. He won't be there for Mayweather to hit and Mayweather will have to go looking for Khan. It won't suit him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Khan completely out boxes Mayweather and wins a huge UD but gets robbed. I don't think Mayweather will hit Khan as easily as everyone thinks and when he does land it won't hurt Khan. Khan will move in and out land one 2 combos. He won't be there for Mayweather to hit and Mayweather will have to go looking for Khan. It won't suit him.
    Lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing about counterpunching is that it can be so frustrating.

Robert guerrero would beat khan regardless of speed as he would take all khans punches.

The quick counters, defense and accuracy put eddie off when he fought floyd and its quite easy to see when floyds opponents go into survival mode.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Watch Khan's last fight and watch Floyd's last fight back to back and try and give me one good reason why Khan even belongs in the same zip code as Floyd, never mind the same ring.

Floyd will take three rounds max to time Khan and then batter him with right hand counters every time Khan attacks. This fight will show Khan has exactly one dimension and Mayweather is playing eleven dimensional chess.
    You are exactly correct. Floyd usually has everything figured out by the third round, if not before.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Originally posted by @Silkeyjoe

Well atleast you have a sense of humour about yourself mate... Have another pill while your at it!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe we're still talking about this "Khan speed will give Floyd trouble" myth! And Floyd's lack of power. I ask one thing? Is Khan tougher than Ricky Hatton in his prime? Floyd had enough power to knock him out. Not only does Khan have absolutely no chance, he shouldn't be anywhere near having the opportunity. Absolute Joke!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Originally posted by @Silkeyjoe

Well atleast you have a sense of humour about yourself mate... Have another pill while your at it!
    I think hes had too many pills max.
    Lol!

Thread Information