Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How a Peaceful Rally I attended- Turned Violent

1996 or so, several organizations fed up with government tried to unite.
    African-American, Hispanic American, small business owners & several religious churches/temples/mosques also attended.
    Purpose: To build a media-bridge among us all.

We were fed up with being told if we don't like the way the media portrays us, then go back to Mexico & Africa.
    Sidenote- Today when conservatives and mostly whites make the claim...well now it is time to call the media bias.

Itinerary-
    Several Speakers on why we needed to unite and form a media outlet that in turn can update us on who to solicit -that can't afford advertisement be it a corner grocer or a cab service (minorities had a version of Uber back then- but it was Shat on shit on...called racist, no loans- so we used that platform to tell whites, brown, black, yellow we can compete with cabs for a flat rate.

Finale- Was to request that the mayor -at the time John Norquist- a conservative running as a Democrat- not only refused the invite- but he didn't even say no.

Imagine sending several weeks invites to your mayor who refuses to even say no- then on the day he saw we garnered close to 6-8 thousand people...he then decided he could walk up and announce himself.
    He was boo'ed away.

I thought that was a mistake, but the leader of the rally- did it. 1st mistake.
    2nd- was the costliest. They called an audible & decided to march 3 blocks to the Mayors office & make it known- he should have respected us and answered when he thought we couldn't draw 100 people.

The video shows the actual march...which is -post rally.
    We got what we needed -a crowd to send the message. The radio stations & the hosts that would give updates for all.

The organizers stood back in awe and watched the people chanting no justice no peace...a surreal moment indeed. But I saw something odd...like the crowd was thinning, so I went to inspect- Damn! Some security guard opened the door (it was filmed) but racists claimed we barged in.

What that means- is if more than a few assemble without permission grounds to call the cops and they showed up looking like murderers the shields on- body vests, battarams, guns.

Picture walking inside...and hearing 1st the thudding of their boots, turned around about 200...women, children started screaming-I ran out to tell the team- but being so into a look, they killed their messenger (me) why U running? Cameras is filming that...I was like WTF...there are kids and women inside that building and guess who else? Cops and guns. I'm supposed to walk and look cool? fuck those cameras...now what?!

What never got filmed- was the leader and about 50 guys..standing face to face with cops, we had our fists balled they had guns...I'm thinking this is some 1960s shit for real here...I'm about to die!
    Chief Arthur Jones turned around and hollered halt! His unit stopped he walked toward the middle of city hall with an officer on each side..so the leader of the march- walked with one dude on his right- a cat he met in prison, while my mind said run like a bitch to that exiting door, my body went right by his side.

Hey! Call those 2 back...he said, U got your lieutenants, I got mine...now I'm confidant. SO the leader pleads; give me 10 minutes...I will get them out.
    So Jones said ok. Liar.
    Once we broke our ranks and 25 went upstairs city hall to get them out...U could see the officers lookin up at him...like ok....he is almost out of site...ok WHOOP ASS!!!

I never saw what went on upstairs I was downstairs -when I got home I saw it unfold. When the cameras arrived to film the cops were compromised so they couldn't shoot us in cold blood so they had to fight.
    But whom?
    Well the video shows none of us in uniform- but the media spun it that way.
    It was the youth, Frustrated youth so unafraid- they accepted the fist fight..and well.. it is about 16 minutes long to show how this was based a peaceful narrative. Shit went sideways and hateful bigots tried to get me fired at my job- telling my supervisor...watch...he's gonna bring them here to protest! Racist negro.
    1:17 into clip- pause of camera shows me carrying their flag.
    2min into clip shows attendees families, -dig the scene please. That is what we set into motion.
    3:10 where things start to change, leader Brother Harris - my cuz walking back to the stage after telling the mayor- too late, should've respected us when U thought we couldn't pack this park.
    3:40 TV crews interviewing him while standing next to several store owners in the community who heeded the call & close store hours for the event!
    5:20 in- I'm with him...they may show me a few more times...
    The march toward City Hall ends around 8:30
    Cops catching ass whoopings begins around 9:00 into the clip
    9:30 is my favorite part..I think he was a part of Latinos For Justice got into a tussle with the chief (after we watched all the footage we concluded they did all they could (cops) to single out the Latinos- hoping we'd let them be taken- but after the Latin dude body slammed the chief on the mayor's desk...the cops had a tug of war with him...the brothers pulled him away- while cameras show a dejected chief motioning...ok U won that one...
    No media people were attacked. Cops? Some thrown down the stairs- it was a surreal moment.

None of that was planned- but when the LIBERAL media was done with us...whites in Milwaukee went after us...took the organization a part...but not before we got props from peeps like DMX, ICE Cube, hardcore rappers started hanging out.

A black wealthy man gave us our headquarters...and from there we fucked ourselves over with no discipline, the Christians pulled out, the followers of Minister Farrakhan's Milwaukee representative ran to become the minister within the group- there was a ministry of education, ministry of business...well they all left when they saw the young men who corralled everyone did so because they were fearless. 'But not wise.
    I quit, said Luv U cuz....but we cant call ourselves USS United Spiritual Soldiers with our ways...2 or 3 weeks later while he tried to observe a cop detaining someone- they called backup, beat him down drenched his face in the f'n fire hydrant
    And all those so-called hardcore nigguhs? They retreated when they saw that happen. In other words we dissolved ourselves because we were militant, angry, but without a spiritual connection I felt the God of this world cant back us if we want a meeting at Mardi's Pub. WTF? We were doomed from the getgo and couldn't see it.
    No man can beat this system, without a supreme being.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-26-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How a Peaceful Rally I attended- Turned Violent

at 11:17 that 5-0 is jumped straight up on top of some dude wtf, that part is my favorite action right there.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats that dude c carrying on his right shoulder at 12:50, slim??

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey slim whats that really cool soundtrack, it reminds of this:

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    at 11:17 that 5-0 is jumped straight up on top of some dude wtf, that part is my favorite action right there.
    Yeah, that was gem as well. A cop piggie backing on a civilian LOL! It was a moment to feel.

I know most minds are made up, just wanted to put it out there that protests aren't riots. And if a riot breaks out, one has to consider the context- for the George Floyd protestors, there is another element to that. Protesters planning violence have IMO become the norm under this POTUS.

Or, better yet, protests that are sparked by the death of a person seems to bring the bad elements. Our march was based on various radio stations-brainstorming with frequent callers from different organizations looking to become independent in our own city media.
    Not this Floyd protests though. Quite a few blacks in Akron Ohio stormed shopping malls, broke them off, young kids putting themselves in harm's way. Those few whites breaking windows, Giving the good white brothers a bad name who want to bring justice to all.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information