the one who beat Gamboa in the Ams which isn't a huge deal but u know..

Velasquez is very good but had some layoff with an injury.. GBP is backing him.

Interview:

GL: Congrats on your November win over Roberto Bonilla. Can you give us some thoughts on your performance?

Carlos Ivan Velasquez: "It was great to get back in the ring. I had some time off [one year and four months] so theres always rust on the body when your off on a layoff so it felt good to get the full six rounds and get some work in. I'm looking forward to getting back in the ring soon.

GL: When might we expect you back in the ring?

CIV: The end of January or beginning of February.

GL: What are your goals for 2013?

CIV: I want to fight for a world title or postion myself to fight for one early 2014. I just need a good streak of 3 or 4 fights and I will fight any champion at 126 pounds. I'm confident I can defeat the all.

GL: Is there anybody you're specifically targeting to make your splash?

CIV: The best. I came into this sport to fight the best and soon I will be doing that so I look forward to fighting all the champions

GL: Are you still working with Golden Boy Promotions?

CIV: Yes

GL: Do you feel that you're one comeback fight was enough to get the rust off? Are you ready to step up now or do you need another get back fight?

CIV: I'm ready. My manger wants me to have one more 6 or 8 to take some more rust off. It's his call im ready to go I'm just excited to be back in the ring and show the world I'm still a force to be reckoned with.

GL: Is there anything you'd like to say in closing?

CIV: Thank you for the interview and look forward to me in the ring soon. Viva Puerto Rico.

- Boxingtalk