Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moorer challenges Holyfield to 'retirement' rubber match

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Moorer challenges Holyfield to 'retirement' rubber match

http://secondsout.com/news/index.cfm?ccs=534&cs=20866

By Ant Evans: Former world heavyweight champion Michael Moorer has taken a leaf from the professional wrestling hyperbole playbook and challenged old rival Evander Holyfield to a 'loser must retire' rubber match. Southpaw Moorer, now 39, and Holyfield, now 44, split two world heavyweight title fights in the 1990s and now 'Double M' wants 'the Real Deal' to agree to the decider almost a decade on from their last fight.

Read more...
    http://secondsout.com/news/index.cfm?ccs=534&cs=20866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Moorer challenges Holyfield to 'retirement' rubber match

haha first bowe now moorer!!
    lol holyfield is never short of opponents!!
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully the judges could rig it to be a draw, so both guys would be forced to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Boxing needs a masters division. Guys between 40 and 50 only. No they won't make as much as they once did but they'll make something and they'll get to fight.

No they won't be as good as they once were but at least they won't get pounded by the newer guys.

It makes sense to me. I'd pay 10 bucks to see a rematch between HOlyfield and Moorer or Holyfield and Tyson.

It's like the new Rocky movie....you know in advance it's going to suck but you've got to go see it anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone

Boxing needs a masters division. Guys between 40 and 50 only. No they won't make as much as they once did but they'll make something and they'll get to fight.

No they won't be as good as they once were but at least they won't get pounded by the newer guys.

It makes sense to me. I'd pay 10 bucks to see a rematch between HOlyfield and Moorer or Holyfield and Tyson.

It's like the new Rocky movie....you know in advance it's going to suck but you've got to go see it anyways.
    thats an ace idea! cc!
    its definately a place to stick em aside and say look.. dont risk your records... start a fresh new division.. quit fucking with your legacy!!..lol
    I'd watch it!
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beating Holyfield won't prove a thing moorer and it will not catapult you to a title shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Hopefully the judges could rig it to be a draw, so both guys would be forced to retire.
    CC for that one SweetPea
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the past I have said that Holy was nothing more than a shell of his former self...that he is & was & will be a disaster waiting to happen...I stick by that...but gotdam I'd love to see him BLAST Moorer out of the ring again.

Let it be noted...I CAN NOT STAND MOORER.

**NOTED.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander has a chance to fight for a 5th title and maybe win if he gets luck and meets a bum with a belt Sergei/Briggs or some other.
    Moorer hasnt been active. Evander has. Moorer wants a little limelite on evanders work. NO WAY will evander give up his dream, to fight this guy. it doesnt help his cause at all. Moorers a leach!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last time they fought how many times did Moorer taste canvass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone

I agree!! i think we need more washed-up, greedy, over the hill has beens stealing the spotlight and money from young hard working hopefull up and comers!!
    We need more Alis and Gerry Quarrys (oops he died) age 54 from Dementia pugilistica (fought till he was 47.)
    Yes yes..the sight of once great boxers shaking and drooling..what a testament to our fine sport! good way to get it banned forever!
    Hey the old greats could put all that shaking (trauma induced parkinsons)
    to good use! maybe get jobs as bartenders! Every martinishaken! not stirred! or maybe paint shakers at the local hardware store!?!?
    Hey Mad TV is already making great skits out of Evanders nonsensical ramblings!! what fun!! and hey James Toney damn near needs subtitles!!
    Isn't it great!!! read the Gerry Quarry story in wilkpedia......see how you feel then.

A masters category?? this isn't golf.
    If you've said it before....please......for the sake of the sport and the fighters....dint say it again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    In the past I have said that Holy was nothing more than a shell of his former self...that he is & was & will be a disaster waiting to happen...I stick by that...but gotdam I'd love to see him BLAST Moorer out of the ring again.

**NOTED.
    What you got against Moorer? He was by no means great, but he was a good fighter. Especially as a Light Heavyweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

**NOTED.
    What you got against Moorer? He was by no means great, but he was a good fighter. Especially as a Light Heavyweight
    He was a good light heavyweight but that was almost two decades ago. I think Moorer is just hoping to get a pay per view kind of purse. The poor bastard probably has blown his money and is looking for one last payday. As for Holyfield's reason for continuing on, can anyone spell PSYCHOTHERAPY for him. LOL
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat

**NOTED.
    He was a good light heavyweight but that was almost two decades ago. I think Moorer is just hoping to get a pay per view kind of purse. The poor bastard probably has blown his money and is looking for one last payday. As for Holyfield's reason for continuing on, can anyone spell PSYCHOTHERAPY for him. LOL
    I'm not saying Moorer ain't shot. Just wondering what wack has against him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat

**NOTED.
    He was a good light heavyweight but that was almost two decades ago. I think Moorer is just hoping to get a pay per view kind of purse. The poor B****** probably has blown his money and is looking for one last payday. As for Holyfield's reason for continuing on, can anyone spell PSYCHOTHERAPY for him. LOL
    I'm not saying Moorer ain't shot. Just wondering what wack has against him
    Dunno, I never question Wacko. I don't want to get on the bosses' bad side in here.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Thread Information