Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When semtex wins?

What's going to happen? Obviously eventually the UFC and Strikeforce will merge and lets say he still has the title Dana White insists he wont ever fight in the UFC so what going to happen to him? A bit premature but i have confidence he is going to win.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When semtex wins?

I sure as hell hope he wins. I can't stand Nick Diaz. But Diaz is a very hard man to beat.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I accept i was wrong! ha but that stoppage was a bit rubbish Daley wasn't out he could have easily made it to the second. If there was going to be a stoppage it should have been when Diaz face planted after that left hook! I just want to see Diaz get smashed he is so annoying with wannabe gangster act and taunts!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, but Daley won't last in the UFC, especially if he fancies himself a top 5-10'er. Too many great wrestlers at the top of 170, hell, Woodley will maul him. Daley's fun to watch, but he's too much of a hot-head and he's not even a good grappler (for a top fighter).

When ZUFFA bought StrikeForce, Daley said he wasn't sure he wanted to fight Diaz because he didn't want to work for Dana. Even if he wins a few fights, he'd get cut after a loss or two for saying stupid shit (like Duffee).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    I accept i was wrong! ha but that stoppage was a bit rubbish Daley wasn't out he could have easily made it to the second. If there was going to be a stoppage it should have been when Diaz face planted after that left hook! I just want to see Diaz get smashed he is so annoying with wannabe gangster act and taunts!
    Daley needed help getting to the stool after, another five seconds of that would've been BAD. The ref's job is to protect a fighter from taking unnecessary damage, and Daley wasn't intelligently defending. Good stoppage, in my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Daley needed help getting to the stool after, another five seconds of that would've been BAD. The ref's job is to protect a fighter from taking unnecessary damage, and Daley wasn't intelligently defending. Good stoppage, in my opinion
    And i suppose Diaz laying on his front not protecting himself is intelligently defending?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, but Daley won't last in the UFC, especially if he fancies himself a top 5-10'er. Too many great wrestlers at the top of 170, hell, Woodley will maul him. Daley's fun to watch, but he's too much of a hot-head and he's not even a good grappler (for a top fighter).

When ZUFFA bought StrikeForce, Daley said he wasn't sure he wanted to fight Diaz because he didn't want to work for Dana. Even if he wins a few fights, he'd get cut after a loss or two for saying stupid shit (like Duffee).
    Considering Daley had 2 fights in the UFC and one of witch was against Martin Kampmann who later fought for the number one contender against Jake Shields and only narrowly lost. So i think he can hang in the UFC just fine however he wont. Like i previously said he is never going to fight in the UFC and those are Dana Whites words.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight could've easily been stopped when Diaz face planted, but Big John recognized that Diaz recovered. The fact that Diaz hot up and kept fighting is proof that he was right. Daley needed help getting to his stool, no way he was alright to continue. Then he had trouble getting up off the stool a minute or two later. He was done.

Yes, Daley won two favorable matchups in the UFC, a striker and a BJJ'er with poor takedowns. But he lost to the only wrestler he fought, and you're high if you think it'd be any different vs any other wrestler at 170. Fitch, Koscheck, Shields, GSP, Rumble, Johny Hendricks, Rick Story, Ellenberger, and more will beat him every time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz is a punk, but I sure enjoy watching him fight. I thought it was a bit quick for a stoppage, but Captain's right, Daley was not all there afterwards. Really no doubt in my mind that he would have got blasted in the next round anyway.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight could've easily been stopped when Diaz face planted, but Big John recognized that Diaz recovered. The fact that Diaz hot up and kept fighting is proof that he was right. Daley needed help getting to his stool, no way he was alright to continue. Then he had trouble getting up off the stool a minute or two later. He was done.

Yes, Daley won two favorable matchups in the UFC, a striker and a BJJ'er with poor takedowns. But he lost to the only wrestler he fought, and you're high if you think it'd be any different vs any other wrestler at 170. Fitch, Koscheck, Shields, GSP, Rumble, Johny Hendricks, Rick Story, Ellenberger, and more will beat him every time.
    If the fight was stopped right after the face plant I'm sure Diaz would need help to get to his stool considering the recovery time he had and even after that didn't want to stand and instead dragged his ass along the floor. It was a premature stoppage i honestly think i tcould have something to do with Daley's relationship with Dana White.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On another note who was surprised Jardine got that draw! ha
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the most lopsided draw I've ever seen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The official scorecards:

1. 2. 3.
    9-9 M 9-9 M 8-10 J
    9-10 J 10-9 M 10-9 M
    10-9 M 10-8 M 10-9 M
    28-28 D 29-26 M 28-28 D

Someone want to explain a 10-9 for Jardine in round 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^ Sorry, that was spaced out better when I typed it up on my iPhone. Don't know why it came out a jumbled mess.

Here's where I found the cards:
    http://www.bjpenn.com/forum/topics/official-strikeforce-scorcard?commentId=2022293%3AComment%3A2411289

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The draw as utter bollocks as you folks would say.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information