Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tapia avoids jail time...

At a hearing held in downtown Albuquerque today, former five-time world champion Johnny Tapia avoided jail time and was sentenced to 14 months of supervised probation from 2007 cocaine charges. Last year, Tapia nearly died from an overdose, but has tested clean since his release from a Las Cruces rehabilitation center. Hours after his sentencing, Tapia held a press conference to hype his comeback fight next week in El Paso, Texas. Look for an in-depth story this weekend.

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tapia avoids jail time...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    At a hearing held in downtown Albuquerque today, former five-time world champion Johnny Tapia avoided jail time and was sentenced to 14 months of supervised probation from 2007 cocaine charges. Last year, Tapia nearly died from an overdose, but has tested clean since his release from a Las Cruces rehabilitation center. Hours after his sentencing, Tapia held a press conference to hype his comeback fight next week in El Paso, Texas. Look for an in-depth story this weekend.

Good news Johnny,Thanks.Me personally ,I wish he would stayed retired....At this point he does not have it to fight disciplined and box with wear and tear and the emotions always seem to run rampant.His last fight was sad man......Killed to the body and in agony counted on knees.Johnny is a conflicted soul and I hope he stays safe,And keeps his head Right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

Good news Johnny,Thanks.Me personally ,I wish he would stayed retired....At this point he does not have it to fight disciplined and box with wear and tear and the emotions always seem to run rampant.His last fight was sad man......Killed to the body and in agony counted on knees.Johnny is a conflicted soul and I hope he stays safe,And keeps his head Right.

You are right...but on the other hand I'm one of those people who can't let go...so I'm not overly upset that Tapia tries a comeback...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You knowTapia's whole life has been so filled with up's/down's and tragedy he has always seemed to overcome and land on his feet...He is a fighter who had all the talent in the world in the ring and I always loved watching his fights...I would drive 500 miles to see a Tapia fight...I did actually drive 6 1/2 hours once to see him fight...Not to mention he is a really nice guy...his last fight he looked like an old man against a nobody and the fight before was stopped for the first time in his career against a guy who lost his 4 prior bouts and was KO's his next 3....

All in all I would just like to see him stay retired and maybe live out the rest of his days with his family in peace...find that happiness he has been so long deserved...Tapia is his own worst enemy...I don't want to see him stopped again by a fighter he would have made a shorts night work of in not only his prime but even most of the days past it....I certainly hope he can stay clean this time...I would hate to read about him being found dead by OD...Really is a shame...He is a guy you just can not go against or wish bad upon him in the ring or out..

What a fucking warrior he was!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_5ySy8dxI&feature=related
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information