Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOTTOM LINE: Hatton can NOT beat PBF!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BOTTOM LINE: Hatton can NOT beat PBF!!

I realize much of you here are in denial. Saddo, included. But the facts remain, Hatton got exposed. He has no defense. Don't you Hatton supporters realize PBF is waaaay faster than Collazo? Don't gimme the excuse that it was cuz he's southpaw. 2 main points are Hatton only comes forward, no side to side movement, and he has NO defense. None!! PBF would have a field day picking him apart. "But he would smother PBF". How? PBF's too fast for Hatton to catch him on the ropes.

Ricky, for your career's sake, go back to 140 before it's too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BOTTOM LINE: Hatton can NOT beat PBF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    I realize much of you here are in denial. Saddo, included. But the facts remain, Hatton got exposed. He has no defense. Don't you Hatton supporters realize PBF is waaaay faster than Collazo? Don't gimme the excuse that it was cuz he's southpaw. 2 main points are Hatton only comes forward, no side to side movement, and he has NO defense. None!! PBF would have a field day picking him apart. "But he would smother PBF". How? PBF's too fast for Hatton to catch him on the ropes.

I pretty much agree 100% But ive always thought he would be too slow. Its a shame is took this kind of fighter to show that being that I too think he is way slower than floyd. And the shot that almost put him down in 12 was a straight fast shot. Those are mayweathers best punches. Floyd UD or 11 round stoppage.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather could beat Hatton while at the same time having a conversation with the ref about global warming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahahaha!! This ImRipped guy is really funny!!

It's just sad that most of the Hatton fans on this forum are in denial, based on the posts I've read since the fight.

El Kabong Guest

Now the Hatton that fought the other night I agree a fight vs PBF right now would be like PBF-Gatti.

Hatton didn't fight like he usually does, throwing punches when the other guy is on the ropes and so on. A Hatton that is having a good day is still a hard fight for Floyd though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Now the Hatton that fought the other night I agree a fight vs PBF right now would be like PBF-Gatti.

Hatton didn't fight like he usually does, throwing punches when the other guy is on the ropes and so on. A Hatton that is having a good day is still a hard fight for Floyd though.
    I like you lyle. I can tell your a fan but your not being overly ignorant about the situation. I respect that and I'm glad you can admit it. I hope thats not the best of hatton because i wanna see him and pbf fight but if his next fight is like that then it probably won't happen.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare

you gotta realize that PBF can be bullied, thats whi it was castillio that gave him trouble, and that was at a VERRY light weight, i cant imagine how he could deal with that kind of smothering from a WW

now judah... judah would KTFO hatton no doubt

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    I like you lyle. I can tell your a fan but your not being overly ignorant about the situation. I respect that and I'm glad you can admit it. I hope thats not the best of hatton because i wanna see him and pbf fight but if his next fight is like that then it probably won't happen.
    Hatton usually has shorter faster punches and his bully style would be the perfect foil to use against Floyd. HOWEVER if he doesn't work enough on the inside or gets scared of Floyd like Gatti did then Ricky will end up like Gatti.

Honestly right now I can see PBF winning on cuts but Hatton giving him a good hard fight.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus Christ It was a bad night. This is like the Castillo - PBF fight only opposite. PBF looked terrible that fight as did Hatton last night and both have had bad matchups against fighters with opposing styles. Haton's style has been proven to give PBF fits at times and PBF's style has been proven to give Hatton trouble. How Hatton does in a second Collazo fight is key imo.

I know I should have expected as much but in 41 fights the guy gets troubled once and suddenly he isn't good enough to carry another fighter's jock. Get ahold of yourselves. Was it a bad night? Yes. Could he have shown more? God yes. Would PBF have beaten him last night? Without question. Is this performance more telling then his 40 other fights? NO.

El Kabong Guest

Good post, cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Jesus Christ It was a bad night. This is like the Castillo - PBF fight only opposite. PBF looked terrible that fight as did Hatton last night and both have had bad matchups against fighters with opposing styles. Haton's style has been proven to give PBF fits at times and PBF's style has been proven to give Hatton trouble. How Hatton does in a second Collazo fight is key imo.

I know I should have expected as much but in 41 fights the guy gets troubled once and suddenly he isn't good enough to carry another fighter's jock. Get ahold of yourselves. Was it a bad night? Yes. Could he have shown more? God yes. Would PBF have beaten him last night? Without question. Is this performance more telling then his 40 other fights? NO.
    I disagree. I don't think that it was just that it was a bad night... I think that maybe Collazo needs a bit of credit here.

One of two or three things needs to be taken into consideration...#1: Hatton started gassing out & his power fell off or #2: Collazo has one hell of a chin or #3: Hatton needs to be back @ 140 where he can dominate.

He's been troubled more than just once in 41 fights. That being said...he's still all good in the neighborhood...but he's got a lot to work on once he hits the established me @ 147 apparently. Hatton himself stated that it was Collazo...that he had prepared for war & what not & that his conditioning was fine. I just think that Collazo was that tricky.

I don't agree with the majority of haters on here though...last night isn't that damning...but I do feel that he didn't deserve the nod...either that or a draw.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Problem is that Castillo has been knock to break down boxers like Floyd and he just couldn't do it to PBF. And Hatton struggles against the style like Floyds when Castillo didn't.

Hatton would get beaten by Floyd 10 rounds to 2

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Haton's style has been proven to give PBF fits at times and PBF's style has been proven to give Hatton trouble.
    that is by far the quote of the year

CC

truth is Hatton and Mayweather have proven they are better at the lower weights so it dosnt matter what weight they fight at its gonna be a classic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    truth is Hatton and Mayweather have proven they are better at the lower weights so it dosnt matter what weight they fight at its gonna be a classic
    Agreed.

I loved watching Mayweather vs Gatti.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Gatti was beaten before he entered the ring... i blame the fireworks

Thread Information