Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Italy bridge collapse

I haven't seen any threads on this, so forgive me if it's been covered already. I know this incident is almost a week old already, but this article got me thinking about other articles I've read even about U.S. bridges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

We take so many things for granted nowadays, and one of them is going over bridges. It's amazing that there haven't been more tragedies of this type, with the vast amount of bridges around the world. The articles I've seen talk at length about the poor state of many bridges in the U.S. Many of these bridges are many decades old, and you gotta wonder the maintenance or lack thereof they're receiving. The U.S. has had its share of bridge collapses, and it's gotta be a scary thought driving over a bridge and being involved in an incident like this. Routine inspections plus a host of available tests, coupled with a good maintenance program..... should be a top priority for all countries. Budgets will always be an issue, but they mustn't stand in the way of a good bridge maintenance program.

So sorry for all those victims from that latest collapse in Italy.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Italy bridge collapse

I drove over that bridge two times in 1989 and another time in 1990. I was traveling the friend from Dijon France and we are headed to Tuscany and Italy. We had stopped and Lyon to meet his brother and he wanted to show me the fish restaurants in Marseille. I remember crossing over that bridge 2 times.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True tits, the infrastructure in the US is frickin horrible for a supposedly rich western country. The longer we let it go the more expensive it will be. I have no idea what happened with that obama shovel ready infrastructure bill. I’m sure things were done I just don’t know what. Trump admin has been talking about that trillion dollar infrastructure bill that both parties should get behind but I’m sure everyone will demand a lot of pork. I’m really not happy with all this deficit/national debt spending but this would be a wise debt unlike a lot of the waste we do. It’s possible trump could have his people get some good deals. Yes, we have had numerous bridge failures including that brand new one in Florida.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Italians are in mourning and they are very hurt. They want to make the people responsible punished. They will be out for vengence.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The Italians are in mourning and they are very hurt. They want to make the people responsible punished. They will be out for vengence.
    Ya they r going after that company big time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italian construction companies have been notorious for skimming profits by putting in much less reinforcement bars in concrete. In many cases, there has been half as much steel in things than there should have been.

Last time this was a media thing was after an earthquake when supposedly earthquake proof buildings collapsed like they were made of cards. They never bothered to check old stuff then.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They got ~fucked~ in Ventimiglia Town, eating pesto

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roman theatre.
    In 1269 the Count of Ventimiglia, Gugliemo Pietro I Balbo married Eudossia Laskaris, daughter of Emperor Theodore II Laskaris.[3] From them started the dynasty of the Lascaris of Tenda. They maintained the sovereign County of Tenda until 1501 when the last of them, Anne Lascaris, married Renato of Savoy (in French René de Savoie) and transferred the County to his cadet branch of Savoy dynasty. The most famous exponent of this branch of Lascaris was Beatrice of Tenda.

Thread Information