Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Leigh Wood v Mauricio Lara 18/2/23

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Didn't notice at first but Lara was to the point of pushing the ref out of the way and already cocking the left.
    watch mauricio after the ref stops it, he actually looks mad he didn't get to knock leigh out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leigh Wood was ahead on all three judges' scorecards before he was knocked out by Mauricio Lara in their world title fight.

The scorecards for the fight have now been released as judges Howard Foster and Guillermo Perez Pineda both had Wood up by four rounds to two at the time of the stoppage. Judge Oliver Brien had Lara winning just one round before he landed the knockout blow, given the Mexican the second and all other rounds to Wood.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...09a43af9f0896c
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    5 seconds left in the round did Ben panic in Woods corner?
    That is a bit weird surely he'd be aware of the time in the round..
    I’m not sure it’s panic, although I totally hear the argument for not throwing the towel.
    But what we forget is , in a split second, Davison is also thinking is a minute on the stool gonna be long enough for him to recover?
    We have to take into account that from the moment he’s thrown the towel in to Wood’s gallant protestations to Davison talking to him in the corner, Davison was still holding him up and probably 20 seconds had passed.
    Ok, you can say, “yeah but see how he responds in that minute and if he’s not all there, then throw the towel in.” Fair point, but Davison’s job is to look after his fighter. He should never be criticised for that by the fans.

You do realise that Davison was ready to throw the towel in when Fury went down in the 12th in the 1st Wilder fight ?

As you can see Security and Freddie Roach stopped him from doing that.

Now imagine if Davison would have been allowed to do that ? We'd av a different boxing timeline.

Now everyone says that was a great piece of referring and Fury rose like Undertaker ...blah blah

Davidson get's scared at a nosebleed

But bk to the Wood - Lara fight. 10 seconds left in the round when Wood got up BUT Lara was right on top of Wood when he got up. So the ref would have to push Lara back to the neutral corner that would have took 3 seconds off the 10, then Lara would have had walk bk to Wood when the ref said box from the neutral corner, that's another 3 second of the 10, so wood probably had 3 or 4 seconds to hold on.

Davidson is joke

I mean who is Ben Davidson ? I mean he's like what ? 27 or 28 years old. Never boxed. Never worked his way up but all of sudden BANG out of nowhere at a very young age. He's getting to train all these top fighters. Really ? I know guys who been 20 30 years in the game and ain't got that. And I'm not saying I know every trainer in UK boxing but I 've boxed and I know the trainers that matter

From what I know he was some sort of Life Coach / Counsellor to Tyson Fury. Helping him with his depression. So he goes from being an Uncle Phil to managing fighters ?
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-21-2023 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    I’m not sure it’s panic, although I totally hear the argument for not throwing the towel.
    But what we forget is , in a split second, Davison is also thinking is a minute on the stool gonna be long enough for him to recover?
    We have to take into account that from the moment he’s thrown the towel in to Wood’s gallant protestations to Davison talking to him in the corner, Davison was still holding him up and probably 20 seconds had passed.
    Ok, you can say, “yeah but see how he responds in that minute and if he’s not all there, then throw the towel in.” Fair point, but Davison’s job is to look after his fighter. He should never be criticised for that by the fans.

You do realise that Davison was ready to throw the towel in when Fury went down in the 12th in the 1st Wilder fight ?

Now imagine if Davison would have been allowed to do that ? We'd av a different boxing timeline.

Now everyone says that was a great piece of referring and Fury rose like Undertaker ...blah blah

But bk to the Wood - Lara fight. 10 seconds left in the round when Wood got up BUT Lara was right on top of Wood when he got up. So the ref would have to push Lara back to the neutral corner that would have took 3 seconds off the 10, then Lara would have had walk bk to Wood when the ref said box from the neutral corner, that's another 3 second of the 10, so wood probably had 3 or 4 seconds to hold on.

Davidson is joke

I mean who is Ben Davidson ? I mean he's like what ? 27 or 28 years old. Never boxed. Never worked his way up but all of sudden BANG out of nowhere at a very young age. He's getting to train all these top fighters. Really ? I know guys who been 20 30 years in the game and ain't got that. And I'm not saying I know every trainer in UK boxing but I 've boxed and I know the trainers that matter

From what I know he was some sort of Life Coach / Counsellor to Tyson Fury. Helping him with his depression. So he goes from being an Uncle Phil to managing fighters ?
    So the fact that Leigh Wood said himself that Davidson made the right call doesn’t count for much then? Ok you know best.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson is joke

So the fact that Leigh Wood said himself that Davidson made the right call doesn’t count for much then? Ok you know best.
    Action speaks louder than words. And at the end of fight, looking Wood actions that wasn't of guy who was saying "You made the right call"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson
    at least get his name right
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Davidson
    And what are you gonna do about if I don't ?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson
    keep pointing out your error

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson
    Is this is a black thing ? Now moderators @TIC came at me first trying to be all sassy. He came at me. OK ? So now it's on. Saddoboxing is hardly grammarly.

I've noticed white people are obsessed with grammar. I know this is a boxing forum but people in the world worry about hunger or being poor. But white people's biggest worry is finding out that a person has used ‘their’ when they should have used ‘there’"

If you want a white person to love you say this

Hey White Person. I'm sending this cover letter out for this job. Can you look this over for me and see if it's ok?

It's a scientific fact that it's impossible for a white person to turn down the opportunity to proofread.

All new languages started off as slang.

Then they gradually became more formalized with their own rules until they evolved into a new language altogether.

How did you get French, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian from Latin?

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-22-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson
    Is this is a black thing ? Now moderators @TIC came at me first trying to be all sassy. He came at me. OK ? So now it's on. Saddoboxing is hardly grammarly.

I've noticed white people are obsessed with grammar. I know this is a boxing forum but people in the world worry about hunger or being poor. But white people's biggest worry is finding out that a person has used ‘their’ when they should have used ‘there’"

If you want a white person to love you say this

Hey White Person. I'm sending this cover letter out for this job. Can you look this over for me and see if it's ok?

It's a scientific fact that it's impossible for a white person to turn down the opportunity to proofread.

All new languages started off as slang.

Then they gradually became more formalized with their own rules until they evolved into a new language altogether.

How did you get French, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian from Latin?

1. Grammar maketh the Man dear boy.
    2. @TIC IS BLACK!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davidson
    you got the guys name wrong. why would it be a black thing? has nothing to do with grammer. you were just wrong. it's okay to be wrong, you probably didn't know it was davison, which is strange because you started out using his name correctly, now you know which is correct. you're welcome
    Last edited by TIC; 02-22-2023 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you got the guys name wrong. why would it be a black thing?
    Because you would not have wrote that to a white poster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you got the guys name wrong. why would it be a black thing?
    Because you would not have wrote that to a white poster.
    i'll correct repeated mistakes if i see them & have time. i just reply to words on a screen, you could just be a bot

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britain's Leigh Wood has said he wants to invoke a rematch clause against Mauricio Lara for a fight this summer.

Wood was stopped by Lara last month which saw the Mexican crowned WBA featherweight champion at Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham.

The 34-year-old is confident of reclaiming the WBA belt and is eagerly pursuing a rematch.

"It's been hard because it still hurts. I want an immediate rematch," Wood told BBC Sport.

"I've told [promoter] Eddie Hearn that's what I want. I want the rematch as soon as possible.

"I want it as early as the end of May, or in June by the latest."

Wood and Lara have been linked with a possible fight against former two-time world IBF featherweight champion Josh Warrington.

Lara has faced Warrington twice, viciously stopping him in 2021 before a second fight was brought to a halt because of a cut to the Mexican's head.

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn represents Wood and Warrington, and could pursue a third fight between Warrington and Lara.

Nottingham's Wood was controlling the fight against Lara before the heavy knockdown.

Wood's trainer Ben Davison threw in the towel as his fighter struggled to get back to his feet, despite there being only six seconds left of the seventh round.

Wood, who appeared shocked when the towel was thrown in, says his coach had his best interests at heart but believes he was capable of continuing.

"He's there to look after me but I'd rather die trying to win," Wood said.

"But I'll come back to fight another day and I've got two kids at home."

He added: "His job is to protect me. I think I would've been all right but I get why he did it."

Wood was the underdog going into the fight but was confident of beating Lara by following a meticulous gameplan with trainer Davison - something he plans on imitating in a rematch.

"I can't say too much because I don't want to give away the gameplan, but I knew that the first four rounds are when he's most dangerous and then he was gassing," Wood said.

"He was as I thought he was, and he didn't know what I was doing.

"I just got caught with a good shot. I got complacent, started planting my feet and paid the price."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64926538
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the wba has made otabek kholmatov the mandatory challenger to mauricio lara. mauricio would need to finalize a volunatry before april eighteenth or the mandatory would be ordered

Thread Information