Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola.

I'm a little conflicted about this one, Arreola gets nailed pretty good in every fight and Mitchell does have a decent punch. Arreola doesn't really get started until he does get nailed, so after the beating he just had what will happen after he gets nailed in this fight?
    Every fight is important but this could be a career crippling fight if Arreola does not win. Good luck to both!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'm doing a complete 180 on this one from when I first pondered it. I have a funny feeling Mitchell is going to get a ko. Not a sustained beating, but a suprising sudden early-ish ko. Chris has has proven he can soak up punishment but I like Mitchell's fast hooks against it and knowing he is walking a line of career irrelevance with this outcome.
    I have the same feeling, though it's a total pick em for me. Arreola is thought of as really durable when he isn't, and he literally hasn't beaten anyone better than Jonathon Banks in his entire career, his reputation lies in taking a beating against Vitali and being in a few fun fights with journeymen. I don't think Mitchell is much good either and obviously Arreola could take him out, but he can punch to and all the room for improvement is on his end here. If he can connect with a short hook before Arreola gets anything going, wouldn't surprise me at all to see him follow up on it. I think he's a touch better than Travis Walker, and that's about what it takes to beat Arreola at his own game.
    banks could have taken Mitchell the same way in the second fight as he did the first, he just didn't seem to want to

from that the first didn't look like a fluke to me

and if I believed there was corruption in boxing I would say there was something dodgy about banks performance in the second

areola isn't a world beater but he's tough and strong and has been in with some good fighters, I cant see Mitchell being good enough to knock him out

and areola definitely his hard enough to finish Mitchell
    The common sense in me says just that, Mitchell has been hurt in at least his last three fights and Chris would seem able to absorb whatever he can put out while getting in and rattling a guy who didn't look like he even knew how to tie up. But common sense sits down at the opening bell. Banks got him with timing and riding the ropes, just far better skills than both guys here and I agree the rematch didn't 'smell' right. I said it looked like a sponsored training session for Mitchell. But, its Chris almost lackadaisical willingness to catch and Mitchells short hook handspeed that I think might just shock him on the way in. Stranger things have happened and Chris is not exactly hard to miss.
    I'm doing a complete 180 on this one from when I first pondered it. I have a funny feeling Mitchell is going to get a ko. Not a sustained beating, but a suprising sudden early-ish ko. Chris has has proven he can soak up punishment but I like Mitchell's fast hooks against it and knowing he is walking a line of career irrelevance with this outcome.
    I have the same feeling, though it's a total pick em for me. Arreola is thought of as really durable when he isn't, and he literally hasn't beaten anyone better than Jonathon Banks in his entire career, his reputation lies in taking a beating against Vitali and being in a few fun fights with journeymen. I don't think Mitchell is much good either and obviously Arreola could take him out, but he can punch to and all the room for improvement is on his end here. If he can connect with a short hook before Arreola gets anything going, wouldn't surprise me at all to see him follow up on it. I think he's a touch better than Travis Walker, and that's about what it takes to beat Arreola at his own game.
    banks could have taken Mitchell the same way in the second fight as he did the first, he just didn't seem to want to

and if I believed there was corruption in boxing I would say there was something dodgy about banks performance in the second

areola isn't a world beater but he's tough and strong and has been in with some good fighters, I cant see Mitchell being good enough to knock him out

Don't disagree with any of that, but Banks is a completely different assignment to Arreola, as much as he stunk the place out against Mitchell in the rematch, he is a tricky counter puncher and Mitchell still had to shake the cobwebs after the first fight. Arreola has never rematched anyone who beat him and took a beating against a pretty limited guy with a good short hook last time out, no reason that should be overlooked here.

If neither man impresses in this one, regardless of the outcome, there isn't much left for them. Hopefully they both know this and we see a fun little fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

The common sense in me says just that, Mitchell has been hurt in at least his last three fights and Chris would seem able to absorb whatever he can put out while getting in and rattling a guy who didn't look like he even knew how to tie up. But common sense sits down at the opening bell. Banks got him with timing and riding the ropes, just far better skills than both guys here and I agree the rematch didn't 'smell' right. I said it looked like a sponsored training session for Mitchell. But, its Chris almost lackadaisical willingness to catch and Mitchells short hook handspeed that I think might just shock him on the way in. Stranger things have happened and Chris is not exactly hard to miss.
    Banks is not a big punching heavyweight and he knocked out Mitchell in their first fight and hurt him badly twice in their second. If it wasn't for a mysterious injury, he looked like he should win that one. In my opinion, out of the two, although I've seen Arreola wobbled a couple of times, Mitchell has the suspect chin.

Yes, Arreola lost to Adamek, Stiverne and Vitali. All three are better than Banks, who knocked Mitchell out. As far as pop goes, Stiverne and Vitali have much more pop than Banks and Adamek probably does too, considering that Adamek stopped Banks himself.

Also, Arreola trained in Phoenix this time around, away from his usual distractions.

It's hard not to favor Arreola here, unless the loss to Stiverne finished his career.
    I just think it was a bigger case of delivery, timing and skill level for Banks than anything about power. Its a package. A guy like Witherspoon had Mitchell out on his feet, literally, but had none of that compared to a Banks who was smaller, shorter and not a career heavyweight compared. But Mitchell clicked back on and brutalized him. Mitchell fights tense...hyper and not relaxed and a fast accurate cagey hitter will short circuit you badly there. Arreola is not that and I know its nuts given Mitchells sketchy legs but I see him more of a Stiverne or even a Walker type style hitter...faster lefts off the side, random, who dropped Chris hard then say a Adamek or Vitali who are absolutley better fighters and a superior "power puncher" in Vitalis case but neither of who managed to drop him. I just think Mitchell is a fast hooker and does do decent body work. Arreola looked almost resigned last time out. Tough as old boots but bad bad habit of standing up after attack and literally watching. I've picked much worse than this one and could eat my foot.. I'm not saying Mitchell doesn't suck and both are flawed but I'm going with my gut
    @p4pking @Spicoli - Gentlemen - anything you want to say? Arreola impressed with a FIRST round knockout.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Rantcatrat Apparently I can't multi quote those long ones Anyway..Yeh, maaaaan Mitchell still sucks Hey, sometimes you just have to go against the grain. I was wrong. Said it all in the rbr thread but Arreola made him look like a kitten standing in the middle of the highway. Got off, put his shots together and never let him get comfy or settle. Thats the Arreola we need to see. Mitchell looked shook walking the ring and that ever present high anxiety was there, from the first clip he had no idea what to do and shirt circuited. He didn't quit or or stay down so props for that but he is fini in the big time. I called him a Clifford Etienne clone before but that's not even accurate Looking more like a Michael Bennet! Chris physically looked good. It'll be interesting to see what's up with Vitalis trinket and if talk of Wilder vs Arreola comes off or Stiverne rematch?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um... I've been on a week long crystal meth binge

Haha, I guess I thought the two might have been going in opposite directions. Arreola took quite a beating against Stiverne and didn't seem up for it, while Mitchell managed to scrape by Banks and at least get rounds and a good win under his belt. Obviously it's as simple as Arreola can fight and Mitchell can't whatsoever, his instincts are quite shocking. Seth is a nice guy, but it's a wonder they were able to find 20 something guys he could beat before he had to take some punches in hindsight.

As for Arreola no surprises really, he definitely isn't slipping yet but I don't see him avenging any of his losses or doing anything to Wlad. Would still expect Wilder to smash him as well, but that's an interesting fight and one that should be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitchell should really consider retirement

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola appeared to give a lot of credit to training in Phoenix for this fight. He came in at 242, which is a good weight for him. I would like to see Arreola against one of the notable European fighters. I don't buy for an instant that De La Hoya is putting Wilder in with Arreola after Wilder hasn't had a tough fight yet.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't disagree with any of that, but Banks is a completely different assignment to Arreola, as much as he stunk the place out against Mitchell in the rematch, he is a tricky counter puncher and Mitchell still had to shake the cobwebs after the first fight. Arreola has never rematched anyone who beat him and took a beating against a pretty limited guy with a good short hook last time out, no reason that should be overlooked here.

If neither man impresses in this one, regardless of the outcome, there isn't much left for them. Hopefully they both know this and we see a fun little fight.
    Rubbish, the last paragraph- Arreola is still in it. He showed heart and courage against a world class fighter in Stiverne who beat Helenius and Price in the amateurs, quite soundly too.

Stiverne is no slouch, and Arreola didn't train well for the fight. The Arreola that fought last night compared to the one that fought Stiverne are two totally separate fighters- Arreola even lost some weight, the titties melted away and looked stronger and quicker. Good for him.

I hope he gets a rematch with all three of his losses- but the one with Vitali may not be doable. If he keeps his training in Phoenix, which obviously seemed to work for him, he can win those rematches.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitchell lost the fight when he signed the contract.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Rubbish, the last paragraph- Arreola is still in it. He showed heart and courage against a world class fighter in Stiverne who beat Helenius and Price in the amateurs, quite soundly too.

Stiverne is no slouch, and Arreola didn't train well for the fight. The Arreola that fought last night compared to the one that fought Stiverne are two totally separate fighters- Arreola even lost some weight, the titties melted away and looked stronger and quicker. Good for him.

I hope he gets a rematch with all three of his losses- but the one with Vitali may not be doable. If he keeps his training in Phoenix, which obviously seemed to work for him, he can win those rematches.
    Maybe you were trying to quote my more recent post? I only said that it was a must win fight for both guys and they knew it, wasn't sure if Arreola would come in good form or not.

I agree he did look better last night, but it's really hard to gauge much since Mitchell couldn't get past the first punches thrown. I don't Chris would beat Stiverne or Vitali in a rematch, but he's obviously in as good a position as anyone to get those fights now.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Maybe you were trying to quote my more recent post? I only said that it was a must win fight for both guys and they knew it, wasn't sure if Arreola would come in good form or not.

I agree he did look better last night, but it's really hard to gauge much since Mitchell couldn't get past the first punches thrown. I don't Chris would beat Stiverne or Vitali in a rematch, but he's obviously in as good a position as anyone to get those fights now.
    Ok. Well, odds are Vitali retires after this fight with Stiverne. Unless he wants to go on and fight non-descript Europeans and get easy paydays, which the WBC probably won't let him.

Arreola can rematch Adamek and do well, I imagine. I felt he beat Adamek anyways- I also felt that Chambers beat Adamek as well. But whatever.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information