Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Win will Roman Gonzalez face somebody dangerous?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Win will Roman Gonzalez face somebody dangerous?

He's facing Ronald Barrera next with 11 losses. And after, he wants Juan Estrada again.. smh

There are many fights to be made around his weight division so what's with all the hold up? I love watching this guy fight but his bum campaign is starting to get annoying.

Can Denver Cuello beat this guy?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Win will Roman Gonzalez face somebody dangerous?

His next fight is at Flyweight so a step up fight is pretty common...
    Could he have chosen a tougher opponent? Yes.
    But no riff should be made since again he's moving up in weight and is testing the water.

The fight with Estrada makes a lot of sense. If you saw the fight you know that Estrada gave Roman a lot of issues in the fight far more than what the scorecards indicated. I scored it 115-113 just a 2 round difference. Now that Estrada defeated Viloria, Estradas stock rised. Estrada called out Roman saying "You and I both know that the fight was close. You yourself told me that it was your toughest fight to date. Let's do it again. I'm a world champion and I got one of the belts you want"

Ultimately his goal is capture titles and having interviewed him a few months back he said "I am humbled to be compared to Alexis Arguello what an honor. But I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you that I want to write my own story. I simply want to be Roman Gonzalez staying a champion and being the best is all I want to do"

I don't see Mthalane or Yaegeshi giving him any trouble both IBF & WB Champs respectively... I would much rather see him rematch Estrada since it was a close fight and his toughest to date. However let's also not forget Estrada has his hands full right now with the undefeated Filipino contender Milan Melindo. If Estrada makes it past Melindo then it will solidify him as a real champ and not some fluke one time champ beater.

Denver Cuello is solid and has come from less to more however Cuello is still fighting at Minimumweight 2 weight classes below. I'd favor Roman as I feel he has faced the better opposition and has fared well.

Thread Information