Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Olympic Style Random Blood Test Campaign

More and more people are beginning to suppor the Olympic Style Random Blood Test Campaign (no days cut off bullshit). Sounds like good news for the sport

FIGHTHYPE \\ SERGIO MARTINEZ ON BOARD WITH THE "TAKE THE TESTS" CAMPAIGN

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Olympic Style Random Blood Test Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    More and more people are beginning to suppor the Olympic Style Random Blood Test Campaign (no days cut off bullshit). Sounds like good news for the sport

FIGHTHYPE \\ SERGIO MARTINEZ ON BOARD WITH THE "TAKE THE TESTS" CAMPAIGN
    the problem though is that it is expensive. so, only boxers making purses large enough that they can afford to pay for it will ever do it. the commissions won't force it because they don't have the money themselves or don't want to spend the money. in my opinon, sergio is just doing it because he wants a fight with Floyd, which he'll never get because Floyd will fight another junior welterweight on the come up, which also makes sense because why take a bigger risk to fight a bigger guy when he could get paid more to fight a smaller guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

the problem though is that it is expensive. so, only boxers making purses large enough that they can afford to pay for it will ever do it. the commissions won't force it because they don't have the money themselves or don't want to spend the money. in my opinion, Sergio is just doing it because he wants a fight with Floyd

Makes sense.
    But to say boxing doesn't have money sounds a bit silly considering the millions of money in the sport. If this ever becomes the norm, I wonder if Pac will retire early before someone randomly tests his blood.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the problem though is that it is expensive. so, only boxers making purses large enough that they can afford to pay for it will ever do it. the commissions won't force it because they don't have the money themselves or don't want to spend the money. in my opinion, Sergio is just doing it because he wants a fight with Floyd
    Makes sense.
    But to say boxing doesn't have money sounds a bit silly considering the millions of money in the sport. If this ever becomes the norm, I wonder if Pac will retire early before someone randomly tests his blood.
    i hear ya. but, think about it. have you heard of anyone, be it Malignaggi, Ward, Martinez etc., requesting random drug testing? i mean they might be in favor of the sport and the commissions requiring it, but has anyone other than Mayweather actually required it for a fight? i can't think of one person. why is that? moreover, mayweather and his father/uncle have investments in a few young fighters, do they require random drug testing for those boxers when they fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes sense.
    i hear ya. but, think about it. have you heard of anyone, be it Malignaggi, Ward, Martinez etc., requesting random drug testing? i mean they might be in favor of the sport and the commissions requiring it, but has anyone other than Mayweather actually required it for a fight? i can't think of one person. why is that? moreover, mayweather and his father/uncle have investments in a few young fighters, do they require random drug testing for those boxers when they fight?
    WW!!! Never thought of that!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Makes sense.
    WW!!! Never thought of that!!!
    Sarcasm? I'm not sure.

Right? I mean Ward and Martinez have come out with statements saying they support testing, but is Ward requiring it for the Froch fight? Martinez in the Barker fight? Paulie basically insinuated Pacquiao took drugs, and said he was 100% for Olympic testing, but why hasn't be required it for his fights?

It's consistent with the fact that Mayweather hasn't petitioned for change in the sport or even his own state's commission. It would lend credibility to his cause if he petitioned the Nevada commission to require it.

The Olympics have the funding to require the testing, but boxing commissions at least for the most part, don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sarcasm? I'm not sure.

Right? I mean Ward and Martinez have come out with statements saying they support testing, but is Ward requiring it for the Froch fight? Martinez in the Barker fight? Paulie basically insinuated Pacquiao took drugs, and said he was 100% for Olympic testing, but why hasn't be required it for his fights?

It's consistent with the fact that Mayweather hasn't petitioned for change in the sport or even his own state's commission. It would lend credibility to his cause if he petitioned the Nevada commission to require it.

The Olympics have the funding to require the testing, but boxing commissions at least for the most part, don't.

If i am a fighter. and i see many other fighters doing peds or even a rival of mine. then this is what i will do.

Petion the boxing commision to do better testing. I would ask other fighters to sign the petition. or they can simply require it for my fight againts my rival.

BUT if i am jealous or afraid of a rival. I will directly ask him to do a better test during negotiation to rattle him and piss him off. I will also do this to my succeeding fights so that it wont be obvious that i am just targeting/slandering my rival.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These guys have nowhere near the leverage Floyd does. That's why. A Mayweather fight is a golden ticket. Being the b-side of a Paulie Malinaggi fight? Not so much. Paulie Malinaggi "requiring" that his opponents test just means fewer opponents/less money for Paulie Malinaggi (and much scorn at his sense of self-importance). With one notable exception, it means no such thing for Floyd.

And we all know that the reason Floyd has required it for Mosley and Ortiz has nothing to do with being concerned that those guys are using PEDs; it's just so he can lay the precedent/present himself as consistent when he makes the same demand on Pacquiao (whom I think Floyd honestly believes takes PEDs).
    Last edited by shza; 08-10-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Floyd did with Mosley is not OLYMPIC STYLE.

Please be informed

THe Testing that FLoyd wants is Random within the fight contract and that is not OLYMPIC STYLE. OLYMPIC STYLE is year round.

Floyd can simply roid today and stop before the duration of the contract and then roid again after the fight.

HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    What Floyd did with Mosley is not OLYMPIC STYLE.

Please be informed

THe Testing that FLoyd wants is Random within the fight contract and that is not OLYMPIC STYLE. OLYMPIC STYLE is year round.

Floyd can simply roid today and stop before the duration of the contract and then roid again after the fight.

HTH
    Agreed. That was a bullshit test.

NO ONE has been tested with zero cut off date yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the hell is it so expensive to take blood and piss in a bottle..and test it?!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a boring topic now.. But I will forever side with Mayweather on the testing issue as much as I find him insufferable. When you're a pro athlete and you squander the chance at mega millions due to a fear of needles? That stinks imo. And I know you can spin it off as Manny not willing to succumb to the demands in principal or out of pride, but it's still bogus when you're talking the amount of money these guys stand to make.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Why the hell is it so expensive to take blood and piss in a bottle..and test it?!
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

It's not the sample collection or testing that is so expensive it's the administration that manages the testing that bills a bunch of manpower hours though out the organization that makes it expensive.

The difference maybe because Urine is sterile and blood is not if you are comparing the two.
    Last edited by fan johnny; 08-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

It's not the sample collection or testing that is so expensive it's the
    administration that manages the
    testing that bills a bunch of
    manpower hours though out the
    organization that makes it
    expensive

The difference maybe because Urine is sterile and blood is not if
    you are comparing the two.
    Thanks for the answer. It still seems so very expensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

It's not the sample collection or testing that is so expensive it's the administration that manages the testing that bills a bunch of manpower hours though out the organization that makes it expensive.

The difference maybe because Urine is sterile and blood is not if you are comparing the two.
    You inadvertently interchanged the two: blood is sterile and urine is not.

But you gave a good explanation.

Thread Information