Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Real Deal

Alright after hearing months of ridicule and all the sympathizers and all the so called armchair Doctors saying " Evander should hang them up before he gets hurt" blah blah...

I think people need to start realizing that Evander is legitimate and has a great opportunity to regain championship status and look strong and sharp doing so...

I buy into the notion 100% that Evander was injured and fighting and training with a torn rotator cuff and shredded shoulders he looks fresh and strong and putting together combo's very well..

Lets talk about his comp...

Bates: Tomato can who was there as an easy comeback fight

Oquendo:a one time fringe contender that was a good step up in comp and could pose a threat as a younger man

Maddalone: Another game but limited brawler

They all afforded Evander 1 thing, and that was a chance to work off the rust and build confidence.. Holyfield has showed plenty of bounce in his 44 year old legs, consistent work rate sustained through much of a round, power, and the ability to Combo punch again not to mention his hand speed and accuracy are on par with just about every Heavyweight out there..

I believed in the Evander his whole career I remember being a kid and watching him fight Michael Dokes on a Saturday afternoon saying to myself " This man will be Heavyweight Champion one day"

Evander has overcome adversity much of his career, he took on all comers and never backed down he has always served as a model of consistency and hardwork and preparation... He has been an Idol of mine for about 20 years and has been a great inspiration to me personally during that period. I believed in him then and I believe in him now...

I told you all from the beginning that I would endorse Evander unless he was taking a beating unnecessarily or if he looked like Ali when he fought Holmes, also we all know Ronnie shields keeps an eye on him every fight to make sure he doesn't take a shellacking and if he was Ronnie would stop the fight so he didn't get hurt, but he has been more than competitive and IMO earned a fight with a gatekeeper or one of the top 3 Heavyweight contenders and than if he wins he deserves a shot at a Championship..

I feel he can beat Briggs,Valuev and Maskaev.. I think he would have his hands full with Wlad and that Jab of his Wlad has good speed and power.. A prime Evander takes him to the woodshed and breaks him down physically and mentally but nowadays thats a tall order...

All and all I think Evander deserves to be taking serious and he will fulfill his destiny and be Champ again soon

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Real Deal

good post JT CC for you bro. I think Evander will have to fight for a title very soon though as 44 isnt exactly the best age. I feel he should go for Briggs if he could pick any of them. I think Valuev would beat him though and Maskaev would be bloody close. If he gets a shot and wins it i dont no how long he will be around for it, if he got in with Wlad or Vitali or SP he would get killed that for sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander Holyfield is/was a great competitor who never never knows when he is beaten - great heart.

However, I must say that i think his career has been tarnished by the allegations of steroid abuse that recently came out, as there have been whisperings that he was on the juice since his cruiserweight days.

You will know that heart complaints are a side effect of sterois use, and ironically, it is Evander's heart which caused him problems in the Moorer fight.

Smart lawyers manage to keep the truth away from the people most of the time (look at Flo Jo).

Sadly, while I have great respect for Evander, I will wait and see if he dies of heart failure before he is 55 before drawing a true judgement on his legacy and achievements.

Unless the sport gets really properly tough on drugs, it will go the same way as baseball and american football - steroid crazed hulks allegedly breaking all time great records, and nobody caring because they are all juiced up. The few REAL greats will not get the respect they deserve because we will all assume they are juiced too.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Evander Holyfield is/was a great competitor who never never knows when he is beaten - great heart.

However, I must say that i think his career has been tarnished by the allegations of steroid abuse that recently came out, as there have been whisperings that he was on the juice since his cruiserweight days.

You will know that heart complaints are a side effect of sterois use, and ironically, it is Evander's heart which caused him problems in the Moorer fight.

Smart lawyers manage to keep the truth away from the people most of the time (look at Flo Jo).

Sadly, while I have great respect for Evander, I will wait and see if he dies of heart failure before he is 55 before drawing a true judgement on his legacy and achievements.

Unless the sport gets really properly tough on drugs, it will go the same way as baseball and american football - steroid crazed hulks allegedly breaking all time great records, and nobody caring because they are all juiced up. The few REAL greats will not get the respect they deserve because we will all assume they are juiced too.
    Again sensitive subject with the Roids... I will wait to reserve judgement since nothing is proven... Though I will say this after 20 years of Roids you would see dramatic effects, Holyfield looks healthy and young with no known complaints of liver problems dosent have manboobs etc... I think you have to respect his healthy lifestyle and dedication to training more than anything else... He has put his time and work in his legacy is fine in my book and he is top 5 heavweight of all time a true legend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks and #171 to you bro... yes Vitali would have been a handfull for Evander even in his prime, I think on workrate and movement alone he could get by Peter and Wlad could beat him now but lets just stay tuned and see how Evander progresses, Wlad has been KO'D by lesser men than Evander

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Thanks and #171 to you bro... yes Vitali would have been a handfull for Evander even in his prime, I think on workrate and movement alone he could get by Peter and Wlad could beat him now but lets just stay tuned and see how Evander progresses, Wlad has been KO'D by lesser men than Evander
    I just watched that vid ICB posted, he looked good and he was ripping into those combos and showed like he really hurt the other guy. I think the Briggs route would be the safeest one but i would prefer to see Evander in a good match to watch, a step up again would be good though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus I dont see 2 many 44 year olds in a professional fight, let alone one in that good of shape and moving very well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember being a kid and watching him fight Michael Dokes on a Saturday afternoon saying to myself " This man will be Heavyweight Champion one day"
    wasn't the dokes fight to determine the mandatory challenger for the WBC title?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right on JT ! Good post. CC in 24 mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut
    I remember being a kid and watching him fight Michael Dokes on a Saturday afternoon saying to myself " This man will be Heavyweight Champion one day"
    wasn't the dokes fight to determine the mandatory challenger for the WBC title?
    Of course there is always a petty one in the bunch    I was 14 years old for chrisesakes the only clear memories I have from back then is spanking off 7 times a day 

Yes continental heavyweight belt.... Not a major big boys title, huge difference.... Oneil Bell or Mormeck could get a fringe alphabet heavyweight title like that but dosent mean they could step up and play with a major title holder even as weak as most of the heavies appear to be 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt like to see Evander in with any of the Klitschkos,Valuev,Peter or even Briggs to some extent cause he does carry a punch.All these will hurt EH and ko him.

Thread Information