Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How close are you to being a decent human

You ever go through your day taking an inventory of your thoughts and actions and then reflect on them at the end of the day. I’ve been working with this new guy and tbh he has been driving me crazy. I’m really irrated by him, I find myself trying to avoid him which is damn near impossible to due do to the nature of our work. Anyway I haven’t been rude to him but I’ve been abrupt. I started feeling bad about it. Anyway in the morning the CEO came in and took the new guy aside to see how he was doing. After which I needed to talk to the CEO about some bullshit and he told me the new guy was saying all this nice stuff about me and how he enjoys working with me. It made me feel like shit. I was so annoyed with this guy I was going to switch my shift. It’s making me take more stock in how I treat people. I’d say 60% of the time I’m a right prick and 39% percent of the 60% of the time I have no idea I’m doing it. I’m going to try to bring the whole thing down to 35-40% prickness and be more aware of my actions. If I am a being an ass to someone it is probably rooted in me thinking I am better than them, or my ideas are superior if I react negatively to something they express. Anyways, gotta treat our fellows decently right. We aren’t gonna get along with everyone but WTF. I’m gonna buy the new guy coffee tonight and give him some new equipment. I’m gonna work on this being a more decent human to others, I think that’s a big part of why we are here. Do you think so?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How close are you to being a decent human

Well now that you mention it you have been an ass on here most of the time.

People find me abrupt at work but that is because I do not do small talk and want to get on with things.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

People find me abrupt at work but that is because I do not do small talk and want to get on with things.
    I don’t think on here means much we are all pricks here. I portray myself here much more hardcore right than I actually am. It’s just fun to do. Although I guess you are correct in a way we can all be asses here even when your not trying to be cynical. Maybe I should try to be more of an ass here, use it like a pressure release valve, then I can be decent in real life.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I don’t think on here means much we are all pricks here. I portray myself here much more hardcore right than I actually am. It’s just fun to do. Although I guess you are correct in a way we can all be asses here even when your not trying to be cynical. Maybe I should try to be more of an ass here, use it like a pressure release valve, then I can be decent in real life.
    You mean you were not even trying? You can be worse? Damn!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You mean you were not even trying? You can be worse? Damn!
    U ain’t seen nothing yet, dust off your ban button

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I tell people that I am a mysanthripist they assume I'm joking or just being miserable, I can honestly say that aside from my immediate family there are 3 maybe 4 people I like and then it is in small doses.

I don't like human company a lot of the time, I have horrible thoughts about other humans, I often find it relaxing to think of ways I would like to hurt or torture people who I know and who may have done absolutely nothing to upset, offend or even irritate me.

I don't think that makes me a bad person, I lack empathy at the best of times, I never physically hurt or purposely offend anyone, people tend to like me.

I suppose that in a way that makes me a decent person, I go out of my way to remain neutral purely because from a selfish perspective it makes my life easier

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    When I tell people that I am a mysanthripist they assume I'm joking or just being miserable, I can honestly say that aside from my immediate family there are 3 maybe 4 people I like and then it is in small doses.

I don't like human company a lot of the time, I have horrible thoughts about other humans, I often find it relaxing to think of ways I would like to hurt or torture people who I know and who may have done absolutely nothing to upset, offend or even irritate me.

I don't think that makes me a bad person, I lack empathy at the best of times, I never physically hurt or purposely offend anyone, people tend to like me.

I suppose that in a way that makes me a decent person, I go out of my way to remain neutral purely because from a selfish perspective it makes my life easier
    Nope, doesn’t sound bad at all, especially the thoughts of hurting people that’s fine

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope, doesn’t sound bad at all, especially the thoughts of hurting people that’s fine
    Thinking of hurting people is a helluva lot better than actually hurting people, I never intentionally hurt people's feelings let alone physically hurt them.

As I say I like to fly under the radar as much as possible so it is kind of a coping mechanism to an extent I suppose, worst make me a bad person

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking of hurting people is a helluva lot better than actually hurting people, I never intentionally hurt people's feelings let alone physically hurt them.

As I say I like to fly under the radar as much as possible so it is kind of a coping mechanism to an extent I suppose, worst make me a bad person
    Ya I can tell you are a mellow dude but u gave me an opening so I had to use it

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think of hurting people I do however think of my dick in the hot women that I am talking to.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my dick in the hot women that I am talking to.
    You are reading too much of my poetry

Master Blaster

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would know the secret of death.
    But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
    The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
    If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
    For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
    And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
    Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
    Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
    Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
    Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
    And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
    And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
    And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Gibran wrote some great stuff, these things tend to help me be a little better

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop this poetry!!!!!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gibran is among my favorite

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)