Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Watched 'Behind the Curve' on Netflix the other night.

Was funny watching them conduct experiments to disprove the globe 'hoax' that each time did the exact opposite.

Of course their totally legit scientific approach was to keep repeating the experiments in the hope of eventually achieving the 'correct' result. They even talked about how they couldn't possible publicise the results they had found as 'we'd be in big trouble' and so they'd keep fiddling with the methodology until they fluked the right result and then could 'blow this thing wide open'.

Quite entertaining and worth a watch.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I have a round head" ,(mine is flat as a pancake), "Ah you must be one of them flat Earthers then", (how dare assume my whole world). Wonder how long till the thought police start dragging round heads into court on behalf of the flat out op-pressed?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Where in the natural world can we observe gas pressure being created without a container?

It's called science Tito, NASA is now even trying to give you an out. But the question still remains. What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Was funny watching them conduct experiments to disprove the globe 'hoax' that each time did the exact opposite.

Of course their totally legit scientific approach was to keep repeating the experiments in the hope of eventually achieving the 'correct' result. They even talked about how they couldn't possible publicise the results they had found as 'we'd be in big trouble' and so they'd keep fiddling with the methodology until they fluked the right result and then could 'blow this thing wide open'.

That's a movie with an agenda. But it's worth mentioning, if those flat earthers proved the movement of the earth or showed curvature (as the movie claimed), those guys would have been able to do stuff that mainstream scientists can't. But if you ever find anything quantifiable to prove your globe belief, let me know. I'll post a link, 3 of these guys in this hangout were on that movie, take a look if you're really interested in hearing both sides of the story. I heard the movie also used unauthorized, highly edited clips taken out of context of other content creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    "I have a round head" ,(mine is flat as a pancake), "Ah you must be one of them flat Earthers then", (how dare assume my whole world). Wonder how long till the thought police start dragging round heads into court on behalf of the flat out op-pressed?
    So anything quantifiable for your globe belief?

Can I ask, do you literally believe that you are currently standing upside down at the moment, to people on the other side of the world?

I guess all you globe believers have to agree now that the moon is inside earths atmosphere, as that is the new consensus that your priests are telling you. They had this data for the last 20 years tho, but only decided to look at it now. Haha, they don't even try to make their stories believable.

Some others thoughts on this:

With these new rules regarding Earth's atmosphere extending 500k miles beyond earth's surface, satellites and a space station would be subject to constant deceleration without constant propulsion to counter the resistance of an atmosphere. Not to mention that all man made objects that are supposed to be in space have ZERO design in regards to aerodynamics, because it was supposed to be a perfect vacuum all this time. Whoops!

Convenient how they decided to fill the vacuum of space with Hydrogen, a highly flammable gas that can be used as fuel. This paves the way for future deep space trips, we simply fill up anywhere now within half a million miles of Earth (virtual gas station). No more need to leave Earth's surface with mega containers full of liquid fuel.

And now they say our atmosphere bleeds into space. No barrier keeping our atmosphere within a container (see how they change their story, when the truth is getting too close). Right, so what's replenishing our atmosphere that we are continually losing? At what point is the vacuum of infinity, that now starts at 390k miles out, satisfied?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where in the natural world can we observe gas pressure being created without a container?

It's called science Tito, NASA is now even trying to give you an out. But the question still remains. What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

That's a movie with an agenda. But it's worth mentioning, if those flat earthers proved the movement of the earth or showed curvature (as the movie claimed), those guys would have been able to do stuff that mainstream scientists can't. But if you ever find anything quantifiable to prove your globe belief, let me know. I'll post a link, 3 of these guys in this hangout were on that movie, take a look if you're really interested in hearing both sides of the story. I heard the movie also used unauthorized, highly edited clips taken out of context of other content creators.

Can I ask, do you literally believe that you are currently standing upside down at the moment, to people on the other side of the world?

I guess all you globe believers have to agree now that the moon is inside earths atmosphere, as that is the new consensus that your priests are telling you. They had this data for the last 20 years tho, but only decided to look at it now. Haha, they don't even try to make their stories believable.

With these new rules regarding Earth's atmosphere extending 500k miles beyond earth's surface, satellites and a space station would be subject to constant deceleration without constant propulsion to counter the resistance of an atmosphere. Not to mention that all man made objects that are supposed to be in space have ZERO design in regards to aerodynamics, because it was supposed to be a perfect vacuum all this time. Whoops!

Convenient how they decided to fill the vacuum of space with Hydrogen, a highly flammable gas that can be used as fuel. This paves the way for future deep space trips, we simply fill up anywhere now within half a million miles of Earth (virtual gas station). No more need to leave Earth's surface with mega containers full of liquid fuel.

And now they say our atmosphere bleeds into space. No barrier keeping our atmosphere within a container (see how they change their story, when the truth is getting too close). Right, so what's replenishing our atmosphere that we are continually losing? At what point is the vacuum of infinity, that now starts at 390k miles out, satisfied?
    My wife interviewed with a company that makes sattelites the size of a bag of bread. Perhaps they used very tiny parachutes. I saw an interview with buzz aldrin and he was pissed at all the people who say the moon landing was a hoax. That is all the proof I need. I also saw the international space station cruise by one time and saw several meteor showers over time. That monkey they sent up in a rocket also said it was real in an interview. I have just provided enough proof so shut this bitch down

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

My wife interviewed with a company that makes sattelites the size of a bag of bread. Perhaps they used very tiny parachutes. I saw an interview with buzz aldrin and he was pissed at all the people who say the moon landing was a hoax. That is all the proof I need. I also saw the international space station cruise by one time and saw several meteor showers over time. That monkey they sent up in a rocket also said it was real in an interview. I have just provided enough proof so shut this bitch down
    So tell me again how your wife taking an interview (I mean it wouldn't even make a difference if she built them herself) can prove scientifically how we can create gas pressure without a container? What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

You mean the Buzz who also gave a fake 'moon rock' to Holland? Nah he wouldn't lie:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...n-is-fake.html

I have also seen what they claim to be the ISS pass by, I have recorded and photographed it a few times. It is supposed to be 250 thousand miles up, and traveling around 5 miles a 2nd. Think about how big a airliner looks at 30 thousand feet. Also every time I have recorded it, what I see in the sky (a clear blue sky, clouds etc) never matches the live feed, or the stream cuts out. I agree we are seeing something, but neither of us can verify what it actually is. It could be one of those gliders, or even just a hologram from something like the project bluebeam. Either way it doesn't give us anything quantifiable for the globe.

Have you got any of these meteor remains so we can verify what they actually were? And what about those huge creators that we have, that supposedly were caused by meteors? If something is causing a huge creator like that, there should be remains of it right. Think about throwing a rock in the ground. It may cause a depression, the rock might break up, but it doesn't disappear completely. What are these meteors made of the same type of stuff the plane was that hit the pentagon?

Talking space monkeys? Yea my missus has a talking unicorn, so you'll have to believe that too.

Believe what you want. For me I need scientific evidence. And the globe doesn't have any.

The ground beneath our feet is demonstrably level. The natural physics of water prove this. If you disagree, show me where I can observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the physical and natural world.

What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

Show me an experiment that proves the earth's motion.

Show me some measurable curvature.

Again I don't care what anyone else believes, I'm not trying to convince anyone else. Do your own research and decide for yourself. For me science and physical evidence is what I'm striving for. This sh-t should be easily provable if it was true. Science wouldn't even blink an eye. Unfortunately these days they just sell us pseudoscience. No one else needs to question it, but why get hung up when some do? I mean it's everyones objective reality. And if it can't be proven using science, then it needs to be questioned.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

So tell me again how your wife taking an interview (I mean it wouldn't even make a difference if she built them herself) can prove scientifically how we can create gas pressure without a container? What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

You mean the Buzz who also gave a fake 'moon rock' to Holland? Nah he wouldn't lie:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...n-is-fake.html

I have also seen what they claim to be the ISS pass by, I have recorded and photographed it a few times. It is supposed to be 250 thousand miles up, and traveling around 5 miles a 2nd. Think about how big a airliner looks at 30 thousand feet. Also every time I have recorded it, what I see in the sky (a clear blue sky, clouds etc) never matches the live feed, or the stream cuts out. I agree we are seeing something, but neither of us can verify what it actually is. It could be one of those gliders, or even just a hologram from something like the project bluebeam. Either way it doesn't give us anything quantifiable for the globe.

Have you got any of these meteor remains so we can verify what they actually were? And what about those huge creators that we have, that supposedly were caused by meteors? If something is causing a huge creator like that, there should be remains of it right. Think about throwing a rock in the ground. It may cause a depression, the rock might break up, but it doesn't disappear completely. What are these meteors made of the same type of stuff the plane was that hit the pentagon?

Talking space monkeys? Yea my missus has a talking unicorn, so you'll have to believe that too.

Believe what you want. For me I need scientific evidence. And the globe doesn't have any.

The ground beneath our feet is demonstrably level. The natural physics of water prove this. If you disagree, show me where I can observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the physical and natural world.

What's the definition of gas pressure? Where in the physical and natural world can we observe and experiment with gas pressure being created without a container?

Show me an experiment that proves the earth's motion.

Show me some measurable curvature.

Again I don't care what anyone else believes, I'm not trying to convince anyone else. Do your own research and decide for yourself. For me science and physical evidence is what I'm striving for. This sh-t should be easily provable if it was true. Science wouldn't even blink an eye. Unfortunately these days they just sell us pseudoscience. No one else needs to question it, but why get hung up when some do? I mean it's everyones objective reality. And if it can't be proven using science, then it needs to be questioned.
    Alpha if u don’t believe the talking monkey u r lost. Why would a monkey
    Lie.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it's not, Alpha. It's called parroting. I've given you the air pressure gradient explanation umpteen times and you continue to parrot the same question, as in hopes that if you ask it enough times without acknowledging the answers being given you, it will prove you right. Sort of like a grown-up version of holding your breath until you turn blue.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it's not, Alpha. It's called parroting. I've given you the air pressure gradient explanation umpteen times and you continue to parrot the same question, as in hopes that if you ask it enough times without acknowledging the answers being given you, it will prove you right. Sort of like a grown-up version of holding your breath until you turn blue.
    Just because you refuse to accept proven FACTS does not prove your assertions.

It's like when, after admitting that you hadn't studied spherical geometry, you continued to argue with me against the FACT that PI was not a constant and could change in spherical geometry.

You continue to mention air pressure, but refuse to accept the scientific FACT that the pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the walls of its container.

Now I know your ego or possibly the indoctrination will not let accept these FACTS, even though you can't prove your belief and assertions. You'll search far and wide to try and find an explanation/ definition that leaves out the word container, so it will fit your agenda. But the FACT is that Science is the study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. So to prove the claim of the globe, that we have a gaseous atmosphere, created without a container, it needs to be observed and experimented with in the the physical and natural world, proving that claim can actually occur. Otherwise it can't be scientifically proven.

I'll leave it there, I mean no offense to you, but you seem to suffer heavily from dunning kruger. I have seen you argue pointlessly with others (Fenster for example) over petty stuff, it's like an obsession that you need to be right, or maybe just your ego won't let things go. Unfortunately you can't argue against FACTS or objective reality. I hope you can realize the difference between a belief and a proven FACT, we all should be able to drop our beliefs in a heartbeat if new proven evidence/ information comes to our attention.

If someone came to me and was able to prove the globe claims I am disputing, using actual science, I would have no problem accepting the proven FACTS presented and happily accept the globe model. Unfortunately once you really start to research the model, going back to Eratosthenes, Aristarchus, Copernicus, Newton, Einstein etc you will find there was very little science involved, and more assumptions, assertions and equations, really pseudoscience. Don't take my word for it. Research it for yourself. Look up the first step in the scientific method, and the definition of science, then apply that to these guys' claims. It should become apparent pretty quickly.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy fuck!!! Don't mention old Fenster!!! Tito doesn't need an excuse to blame me for everything and shift all his rage and frustration my way. Next i'll be reading i'm a flat-earther and he'll be threatening to beat me to death.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget the dead body pissing part.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's see..... that's 8 uses of the word "fact" in all caps and bolded.

Damn.... that does it. Alpha MUST be right.

Hey bro, no offense either. But I'm just alternating between trying to explain science to you..... doing a public service..... or just saying fuck it let's just poke fun at the man's beliefs.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For now I'm in the "poking fun" mode.

http://digg.com/video/destroying-flat-earth-arguments

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't have to explain science to me Tito, I understand it perfectly.

By all means poke fun, because you know you can't provide actual proof for your globe.

So you post a vid that doesn't have 1 proof for the globe?

It starts out by mentioning the Flat Earth Society and celebrities. I have already mentioned that they are disinformation agents. It's the main reason that Mark Sargent is always flashing his little disc model, it gives ball earthers something to attack, because they can't provide anything quantifiable for the globe.

Then he mentions pictures from space. But doesn't provide any scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world.

He also mentions 'live' satellite images, again without any any scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world. And I'll leave this vid so you can see how that's done:

He then invokes a red herring in talking about the sky. Tell me again how looking at the sky gives us anything quantifiable for the ground beneath our feet?

I lost interest after that, but did hear him mention that magic baller word 'gravity'. So tell me again where we observe mass attracting to mass in the natural word? And where Newton observed this originally in nature. An apple dropping right? I wonder how water runs down a mountain? Surely the mountain has more mass. You did't answer my previous question about the 2 substances of the same weight, would they both fall?

So did your vid provide any measurable curvature?

Did it provide scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

Did it provide scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

Did it provide scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

We both know the answer.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you trust scientists?

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man

Thread Information