Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hi Everyone

Wanted to say hello. I've been viewing this forum for awhile and it seems like a good place for a boxing nut to hang out.

I'm not quite 30, and have been watching boxing since I was a kid with my dad. Grew up watching old tapes of Charles, Marciano, Louis, Foreman, Moore (Archie), Shavers, and Liston. Myself, being a product of the 80's, was an enormous Tyson fan, and remain so to this day, regardless of what he does outside the ropes.

Today's faves include the Klitschko brothers, Hatton, Calzaghe, Sugar Shane and Miguel Cotto.

A few predictions while I'm here and have your attention.

Wladdy vs Sultan. Wladdy pummels Ibragimov pillar to post for about six rounds, where a lumped and bloody Sultan finally gives up and takes his KO like a man. Wlad is nigh unstoppable at this point in his career. The only fight that interests me at all anymore with him in it is one with Nikolai Valuev. And that's really only to see someone finally knock that big bastard out.

Hatton vs Mayweather. Man I am stoked about this one. I see a few terribly difficult opening rounds for Ricky, who gets pot shotted and danced around by Pretty Boy. Ricky will be trying to set up and launch one shot body killers and head hunting to no avail. Floyd will get into a rhythm and start piling up points. But then I see Ricky getting pissed. I see Ricky bullying Floyd into corners, cutting the ring off, and unloading on Floyd's body, elbows, arms, head, and whatever else is in range. Floyd SHOULD win a UD here, but I give Ricky a better chance than anyone that's fought Floyd so far, and Ill go on record as saying I think Ricky stops Floyd inside 10 when he finally finds a home for those liver shots.

Pavlik vs Taylor II . Loved the first fight, couldnt believe my eyes when Jermain had Kelly in so much trouble early. I see Kelly stopping Jermain inside 8 in the rematch. Jermain tasted the thunder and I think he's gonna be gunshy from here on in. I'll give JT a slight chance on points if he can duck and dance (the new and "improved" roy jones style) for the whole fight, but I really see Pavlik tattooing him into another loss.

Well thats it for now, take good care all.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Hi Everyone

Well i disagree with one of your predicitions but welcome to the forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fisticuffs

Wanted to say hello. I've been viewing this forum for awhile and it seems like a good place for a boxing nut to hang out.

I'm not quite 30, and have been watching boxing since I was a kid with my dad. Grew up watching old tapes of Charles, Marciano, Louis, Foreman, Moore (Archie), Shavers, and Liston. Myself, being a product of the 80's, was an enormous Tyson fan, and remain so to this day, regardless of what he does outside the ropes.

Today's faves include the Klitschko brothers, Hatton, Calzaghe, Sugar Shane and Miguel Cotto.

Wladdy vs Sultan. Wladdy pummels Ibragimov pillar to post for about six rounds, where a lumped and bloody Sultan finally gives up and takes his KO like a man. Wlad is nigh unstoppable at this point in his career. The only fight that interests me at all anymore with him in it is one with Nikolai Valuev. And that's really only to see someone finally knock that big B****** out.

Hatton vs Mayweather. Man I am stoked about this one. I see a few terribly difficult opening rounds for Ricky, who gets pot shotted and danced around by Pretty Boy. Ricky will be trying to set up and launch one shot body killers and head hunting to no avail. Floyd will get into a rhythm and start piling up points. But then I see Ricky getting pissed. I see Ricky bullying Floyd into corners, cutting the ring off, and unloading on Floyd's body, elbows, arms, head, and whatever else is in range. Floyd SHOULD win a UD here, but I give Ricky a better chance than anyone that's fought Floyd so far, and Ill go on record as saying I think Ricky stops Floyd inside 10 when he finally finds a home for those liver shots.

Pavlik vs Taylor II . Loved the first fight, couldnt believe my eyes when Jermain had Kelly in so much trouble early. I see Kelly stopping Jermain inside 8 in the rematch. Jermain tasted the thunder and I think he's gonna be gunshy from here on in. I'll give JT a slight chance on points if he can duck and dance (the new and "improved" roy jones style) for the whole fight, but I really see Pavlik tattooing him into another loss.

CC welcome aboard, Agreed with majority just one big exception "Hatton stops Floyd in ten" could happen but I'm leaning more towards Hatton points, great analysis tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought I may catch some grief over the Hatton prediction, but my gut says go with it. I can just SEE this moment in the fight where Ricky lets it all go (when have you seen Floyd fight like he had nothing to lose), swinging for the fences and screaming with that backstreet, gutteral cry until he lands enough to chop Floyd down. Ricky has it all right now. The world is his proverbial oyster and he's up for it. He's not blinded by the stardom and money and mink coats and Bentleys. He's a gritty SOB who loves to scrap and I give him a huge chance to upset PBF.

I suppose this may be the point in the telling where I admit to dislking Floyd a great deal. But with that being said, I am fair in all things, and I absolutely recognize Floyd's fluidic grace and poise, his power and handspeed, and his knowledge of how the game is played, as on par with the very best and brightest that have ever laced them up. He is without a doubt the man to beat.

GO HATTON!!

ICB Guest

I thought I may catch some grief over the Hatton prediction, but my gut says go with it. I can just SEE this moment in the fight where Ricky lets it all go (when have you seen Floyd fight like he had nothing to lose), swinging for the fences and screaming with that backstreet, gutteral cry until he lands enough to chop Floyd down. Ricky has it all right now. The world is his proverbial oyster and he's up for it. He's not blinded by the stardom and money and mink coats and Bentleys. He's a gritty SOB who loves to scrap and I give him a huge chance to upset PBF.

I suppose this may be the point in the telling where I admit to dislking Floyd a great deal. But with that being said, I am fair in all things, and I absolutely recognize Floyd's fluidic grace and poise, his power and handspeed, and his knowledge of how the game is played, as on par with the very best and brightest that have ever laced them up. He is without a doubt the man to beat.

GO HATTON!!
    Mayweather has brawled plenty of times in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's been in some mildly confrontational exchanges, yes, but Im not sure i'll side with the idea that he's brawled plenty in the past.

I adore the possibilities here. Especially knowing that Ricky isn't even going to try to box. Here's a guy that knows his limitations. This is gonna be a barfight, and Im drooling.

Of course, being a realist, I can also imagine a repeat of Gatti/Mayweather. I try to ignore that when it pops in me head, but the ingredients are all there. The largest mitigating factor, in my eyes, is that Ricky will press on when slapped, as opposed to Gatti, who for some inexplicable reason, tried to box Floyd and just ended up bleeding.

ICB Guest

Floyd's been in some mildly confrontational exchanges, yes, but Im not sure i'll side with the idea that he's brawled plenty in the past.

I adore the possibilities here. Especially knowing that Ricky isn't even going to try to box. Here's a guy that knows his limitations. This is gonna be a barfight, and Im drooling.

Of course, being a realist, I can also imagine a repeat of Gatti/Mayweather. I try to ignore that when it pops in me head, but the ingredients are all there. The largest mitigating factor, in my eyes, is that Ricky will press on when slapped, as opposed to Gatti, who for some inexplicable reason, tried to box Floyd and just ended up bleeding.
    Like i've said in the past Hatton does all his best work on the inside like with angles and ect but this fight will be on the oustide and i just can't see Hatton winning that kind of fight no way.

Mayweather did brawl with Corley, Chavez, Ndou,

And in his Superfeatherweight days he used to be a boxer/puncher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well CC#4 and Welcome to the forum Colonel......
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladdy vs Sultan. Wladdy pummels Ibragimov pillar to post for about six rounds, where a lumped and bloody Sultan finally gives up and takes his KO like a man. Wlad is nigh unstoppable at this point in his career. The only fight that interests me at all anymore with him in it is one with Nikolai Valuev. And that's really only to see someone finally knock that big B****** out.

Welcome Colonel! I like the Fatboy, he is a great fighter but PBF will have all the answers and don't expect PBF to stand in front of him like Tszyu and get wacked. Floyd to win by UD in a tough one for the pretty boy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton compared himself to Willie Pep (after teh Urango fight I believe.)
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer

Hatton compared himself to Willie Pep (after teh Urango fight I believe.)
    Got footage or an interview even?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*Vlad will rock Ibragimov

*Mayweather will be under pressure the whole fight, I can't see Mayweather losing though. I WANT FOR NOTHING MORE THAN HATTON TO END FLOYD'S CAREER (like Barrera ending Hamed's career) but Floyd is just too good.

*I would love Taylor to beat Pavlik and make a trilogy but Pavlik is too damn busy and now has the mental edge on Jermaine. I don't see Taylor making it out of this fight on his feet.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

welcome to the forum CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum bro! We like someone wh puts his balls on the line in their first post...fair play!

Oh and I agree with a few of yopur predictions! Not your explanations tho!!

Thread Information