Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SugarJ's World Boxing Rankings

Lineal, I think your opinions and knowledge are much respected here. @Master mentioned a while ago about you doing a pound for pound list. I would like to see you do this. Perhaps you want to stay objective which is admirable but most of the guts here No fuck all about boxing and I think you could teach then a lesson . ( that was an insult that used to be thrown around often around here, haven't seen it in a bit, I'm trying to bring it back, ie @Master knows fuck all about boxing)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Lineal is smart to stay out of the p4p fray. I enjoy his rankings and updates very much as well..... but I think it's better for him to stay out of the mess that is p4p. Those that know f*ck all about boxing wouldn't learn a lesson if it came up from the ground and swallowed them whole.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Lineal do not listen to @walrus suggestion about p4p list he know sweet FA about boxing.

Now get a ring card girl suggestion as a matter of priority.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks all very much. I'm glad to hear the rankings are being utilized. At the very least they are a reliable source for identifying some of the best fighters in every division.

I thought the new term was: DKSAB

As for P4P; we all have a rough idea of the best fighters around today. I just feel too many focus on that mythical list and who has been ranked ahead of who, instead of just watching these fighters and enjoying the fights. I could care less if someone rated Chocolatito above Ward or Rigondeaux. I understand the debate and used to take part and enjoyed them but now it seems more about trolling and hollering than about analyzing and discussion.

What about a monthly site P4P list? Has that been done? Get the forum to vote and a general feel of what we are all thinking. Then the polls close and the list is posted.

As long as a reasonable amount of good fights and match-ups are made every year I'm happy.

Ring card girls again? I can't promise anything

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McDonnell was a clear winner in the second Kameda fight. The American comms - Paulie and Virgil - were the only two ringside that had Kameda winning. Paulie admitted afterwards that he got it wrong.

I have no idea why people are calling Yamanaka-Moreno a "robbery?" There were a load of 50-50 rounds with Moreno having a big 9th then Yamanaka having a big 10th. Close fight.

(( @Lineal - these are just observations from reading the thread, not a criticism of your ratings))
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Viktor Postol skyrockets to the top of the Super-Lightweight division.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...-october-2015/

CRUISERWEIGHT:

Number seven Victor Emilio Ramirez (22-2-1, 17 KOs) fought to a close twelve round split draw with previously unrated gatekeeper Ovill McKenzie (25-12-1, 13 KOs). McKenzie enters at number ten. Previous number nine Thabiso Mchunu (16-2, 10 KOs) who was knocked out in his last bout exits to make room. Dmitry Kudryashov (18-0, 18 KOs) is up one from tenth to ninth.

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Viktor Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) smashes his way into the rankings in style with a tenth round knockout over previous number one Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34 KOs). Postol takes over the as number one. Matthysse slips to second. Everyone rated two and below previously drops a place each. Jessie Vargas (26-1, 9 KOs) drops from fifth to eighth due to inactivity. Jose Benavidez (23-0, 16 KOs) moves up to sixth. Adrian Broner (31-2, 23 KOs) advances to number seven after scoring a twelve round stoppage over fringe contender Khabib Allakhverdiev (19-2, 9 KOs). Antonio Orozco (23-0, 15 KOs) enters at number nine after winning a close ten round unanimous decision over previous number eight Humberto Soto (65-9-2, 35 KOs). Soto falls to tenth. Omar Figueroa (25-0-1, 18 KOs) and Ricky Burns (38-5-1, 12 KOs) formerly ninth and tenth respectively are pushed out of the rankings to make way for the two new entrants.

SUPER-FEATHERWEIGHT:

Number three Javier Fortuna (29-0-1, 21 KOs) scored a tenth round stoppage over unrated Carlos Ivan Velasquez (19-2, 12 KOs). Number eight Jose Pedraza (21-0, 12 KOs) won a very close questionable twelve round split decision over previously unrated Edner Cherry (34-7-2, 19 KOs). Cherry enters at number eight. Bryan Vasquez (34-2, 18 KOs) slips a spot from eighth to ninth. Romain Jacob (23-0, 7 KOs) is pushed down from ninth to tenth. Oscar Valdez (17-0, 15 KOs) tenth last time is squeezed out of the ratings for now.

FLYWEIGHT:

Moruti Mthalane (31-2, 20 KOs) falls from third to sixth due to inactivity. Everyone rated four to six last week advances a place each. Previous number nine Suguru Muranaka (22-2-1, 7 KOs) exits due to inactivity at this weight. Moises Fuentes (22-2-1, 12 KOs) moves up a place from tenth to ninth. John Riel Casimero (21-3, 13 KOs) returns in the tenth spot.

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Number three Paipharob Kotietgym (31-0, 24 KOs) stopped unrated Jopher Marayan (7-8-2, 3 KOs) in two rounds. No changes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terry Flanagan becomes a player in the Lightweight division.

Ratings updated:

LIGHTWEIGHT:

Argenis Mendez (23-3-1, 12 KOs) enters the ratings at number two after winning a very close debatable ten round unanimous decision over number one Miguel Vasquez (35-5, 13 KOs). Vasquez holds onto the top spot. Everyone rated two through five last time moves down a place. Jorge Linares (40-3, 27 KOs) now number six destroyed unrated Ivan Cano (23-7-2, 5 KOs) in four rounds. Last week’s number nine Miguel Roman (52-11, 39 KOs) exits as he is headed back down to Super-Featherweight. Terry Flanagan (29-0, 12 KOs) advances from tenth to seventh after a superb second round stoppage over fringe contender Diego Magdaleno (28-2, 12 KOs). Sharif Bogere (27-1, 19 KOs), Kevin Mitchell (39-3, 29 KOs) and Emiliano Marsili (32-0-1, 14 KOs) all shuffle down two spots each to eighth, ninth and tenth respectively.

SUPER-FLYWEIGHT:

Number five Omar Narvaez (44-2-2, 23 KOs) won a wide ten round unanimous over unrated Diego Luis Pichardo Liriano (16-7-1, 3 KOs). No changes.

MINIMUMWEIGHT:

Number three Wanheng Menayothin (39-0, 14 KOs) kept busy against unrated novice Ardi Buyung (2-5, 0 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice to see you had Flannigan ranked ealier I had never noticed him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Nice to see you had Flannigan ranked ealier I had never noticed him.
    Flanagan is in the mix now.

Golovkin dismantled another opponent.

Ratings updated:

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Number four Kubrat Pulev (21-1, 11 KOs) remained active with an eight round unanimous decision over unrated George Arias (56-14, 42 KOs). No changes.

LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT:

Andrzej Fonfara (28-3, 16 KOs) advances a place to seventh after winning a twelve round unanimous decision in a wild war against fringe contender Nathan Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs). Isaac Chilemba (24-2-2, 10 KOs) slips a spot to eighth.

SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Number eight Robert Stieglitz (48-5-1, 28 KOs) got back in the win column with a second round stoppage over unrated novice Robert Rosenberg (6-2, 5 KOs) in a Light-Heavyweight bout. No changes.

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Number one Gennady Golovkin (34-0, 31 KOs) dominantly beat down number four David Lemieux (34-3, 31 KOs) to an eighth round stoppage. No changes.

SUPER-WELTERWEIGHT:

Demetrius Andrade (22-0, 15 KOs) re-renters the ratings at number six after scoring a victory in his first fight in over sixteen months stopping unrated Dario Fabian Pucheta (20-3, 11 KOs) in the second round. Everyone rated six through nine previously moves down a place each. Julian Williams (21-0-1, 13 KOs) formerly tenth is squeezed out of the ratings for the time being.

WELTERWEIGHT:

Previous number seven Devon Alexander (26-4, 14 KOs) exits after losing a close ten round unanimous decision to previously unrated gatekeeper Aaron Martinez (20-4-1, 4 KOs). Martinez enters at nine. Sadam Ali (22-0, 13 KOs) and Danny Garcia (31-0, 18 KOs) move up a place each to seventh and eighth respectively. Felix Diaz (17-1, 8 KOs) enters at number ten after losing a controversial twelve round majority decision to last week’s number ten Lamont Peterson (34-3-1, 17 KOs). Peterson exits the ratings for now.

FEATHERWEIGHT:

Number four Lee Selby (22-1, 8 KOs) won a hard fought twelve round unanimous decision over unranked veteran Fernando Montiel (54-5-2, 39 KOs). No changes.

SUPER-FLYWEIGHT:

Number six Kohei Kono (31-8-1, 13 KOs) won an exciting twelve round unanimous decision over fringe contender Koki Kameda (33-2, 18 KOs). No changes.

FLYWEIGHT:

Champion Roman Gonzalez (44-0, 38 KOs) defended his championship for the third time with a methodical ninth round stoppage over previous number two Brian Viloria (36-5, 22 KOs). Viloria falls to sixth. Everyone rated three through sixth previously moves up a place each.

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Number one Donnie Nietes (37-1-4, 21 KOs) won a wide twelve round unanimous decision over unrated Juan Alejo (21-4, 13 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good summary of the boxing acton over the last few days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford put on another dominant display.

Ratings updated:

SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT:

Number five Terence Crawford (27-0, 19 KOs) scored a dominant tenth round stoppage over unrated Dierry Jean (29-2, 20 KOs). No changes.

FEATHERWEIGHT:

Number six Evgeny Gradovich (20-1-1, 9 KOs) won an eight round split decision over unrated Aldimar Silva Santos (19-9, 12 KOs) in a bout where he seemed a clear winner. No changes.

SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT:

Number five Kiko Martinez (33-6, 25 KOs) destroyed unrated Herald Molina (18-13-3, 7 KOs) in one round. Number eight Manuel Avila (19-0, 8 KOs) won an eight round unanimous decision over unrated journeyman Jose Angel Beranza (36-34-2, 28 KOs) in an over the weight bout. No changes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermell Charlo got an expected win.

Ratings updated:

https://boxranks.wordpress.com/2015/...november-2015/

SUPER-WELTERWEIGHT:

Number seven Jermell Charlo (27-0, 12 KOs) stopped unrated veteran Joachim Alcine (35-8-2, 21 KOs) in six rounds. No changes.

LIGHT-FLYWEIGHT:

Number ten Ganigan Lopez (26-6, 17 KOs) scored a fourth round stoppage over unrated Juan Luis Lopez (13-4, 7 KOs). No changes.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawfords victory was excellent. Top fighter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Crawfords victory was excellent. Top fighter.
    I agree. I think Crawford is one of the best finishers in the game currently.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool thread. I like that you have the top spot vacant in a lot of divisions.

Thread Information