Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arce vows to take down Darchinyan

Arce vows to take down Darchinyan - Boxing - Fox Sports

Looks like Arce is playing mindgames and is gonna go all out for a win.
    Cant see it happening. Vic D by late stoppage.
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arce vows to take down Darchinyan

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Arce vows to take down Darchinyan - Boxing - Fox Sports

Looks like Arce is playing mindgames and is gonna go all out for a win.
    Cant see it happening. Vic D by late stoppage.
    Thoughts?
    I hope not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id say 50/50. the brawler in arce will make him stand there and fight toe to toe with darchi giving darchi a chance to land something big. sorry eagle but i gotta go with arce on this one coz darchinyan is one cocky MFkkr and i cant wait to see him get sparked again.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a tough call
    to my knowledge Arce hasnt been koed since 99
    so yeh i dont see him beign koed on the long run i think Arce pulls of the win
    maybe he can knockdown Vic once or twice.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    This is a tough call
    to my knowledge Arce hasnt been koed since 99
    so yeh i dont see him beign koed on the long run i think Arce pulls of the win
    maybe he can knockdown Vic once or twice.
    How many times had Mijares and Kirilov been Ko'd?
    What theory have u got that says Arce beats Vic?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mijares made Arce look foolish and Vic has comeback strong against both Kirilov and Mijares. Arce will not take a step backwards and this could be his downfall, I think Vic is the hardest puncher Jorge has faced and he gets hit pretty easily, i can't see Vic missing him at somepoint. It's a simple strategy for Arce, get in first because if you don't Vic will get you early.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

their going to collide, i dislike both fighters but i am excited to see this fight. Since i saw vic ko'ed already, i rather see arce ko'ed in this fight but it really doesn't matter. If i can get it my way in this fight a double k.o will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be good while it last, I pick Vic but don't be too surprised if The Cowboy takes the W
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darchinyan style is made for Arce. Arce is a brutal body puncher. Darchinyan coming in with his elbows up is an open invitation for Arce. Arce is going to punish his rib cage. And stop him late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Darchinyan style is made for Arce. Arce is a brutal body puncher. Darchinyan coming in with his elbows up is an open invitation for Arce. Arce is going to punish his rib cage. And stop him late.
    I think Vic will decapitate him before he gets near his ribs.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based on what? Darchinyan can crack. He's got power. But he is not a one punch knock out hitter. He needs to land multiple punches to score his knock outs. Not only that Arce has shown he can take a punch. Darchinyan hasn't. I see Arce taking Darchinyan punches better than Darchinyan taking Arce's punches. Arce is the bigger fighter. And the stronger fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based on what? Darchinyan can crack. He's got power. But he is not a one punch knock out hitter. He needs to land multiple punches to score his knock outs. Not only that Arce has shown he can take a punch. Darchinyan hasn't. I see Arce taking Darchinyan punches better than Darchinyan taking Arce's punches. Arce is the bigger fighter. And the stronger fighter.
    Based on the fact that Vic just destroyed a fighter that toyed with Arce and made him look foolish. Ask Mijares who the stronger fighter is and i bet he dont say Arce. Based on the fact that Arce has looked far from his best in recent fights and Vic is on a big roll beating opponents who are arguably better than any of Arces wins.
    Based on the fact that i think Arce has always been slightly overrated cos he is exciting to watch, if u look at his and Vics common opponents it points to the fact Vic i on a higher level.

Mijares won UD v Arce, Got Ko'd rd 9 by Vic
    Victor Burgos won pts v Arce Got Ko'd rd 12 by Vic

In fact anytime Arce has stepped up to fight a real world class fighter he has been found wanting and i believe we'll see that again v Darchinyan.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darchinyan by brutal KO in the second half of the fight.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based on the fact that Vic just destroyed a fighter that toyed with Arce and made him look foolish. Ask Mijares who the stronger fighter is and i bet he dont say Arce. Based on the fact that Arce has looked far from his best in recent fights and Vic is on a big roll beating opponents who are arguably better than any of Arces wins.
    Based on the fact that i think Arce has always been slightly overrated cos he is exciting to watch, if u look at his and Vics common opponents it points to the fact Vic i on a higher level.

In fact anytime Arce has stepped up to fight a real world class fighter he has been found wanting and i believe we'll see that again v Darchinyan.
    Are you kidding me? That's an ignorant logic. Ricardo Mayorga destroyed Vernon Forrest the same fighter who beat Shane Mosley. Yet Mosley knocked Mayorga out. Mosley just knocked out Margarito. The fighter who stopped Cotto. Cotto had a win over Mosley. Style make fights.

There's a difference between reading about common opponents and watching the fights with common opponents. Go watch Burgos-Arce and tell me Burgos really deserved that win. Cuz he didn't. Either way that fight took place almost 12 years ago. Burgos was 23 years old and coming into his own against a green Arce. The Burgos, Darchinyan faced was 33 years old and shot. It's foolish to compare there fights.

The way I see it, both fighters will get hit in this fight. Aside from a stoppage in his 4th fight Arce has only been stopped one other time. That was 10 years ago. Against one of the strongest fighters ever to fight in the lower classes. Michael Crabajal. He can take a punch. Darchinyan can't. He got knocked out by a modest puncher in Donaire. A one punch stoppage. Even Z Gorres who has less power than Donaire dropped and hurt him. Now he's about to face a stronger fighter. What do you think is going to happen when Arce hits him in the chin? I'll tell you. He's going down. And will stay down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you kidding me? That's an ignorant logic. Ricardo Mayorga destroyed Vernon Forrest the same fighter who beat Shane Mosley. Yet Mosley knocked Mayorga out. Mosley just knocked out Margarito. The fighter who stopped Cotto. Cotto had a win over Mosley. Style make fights.

There's a difference between reading about common opponents and watching the fights with common opponents. Go watch Burgos-Arce and tell me Burgos really deserved that win. Cuz he didn't. Either way that fight took place almost 12 years ago. Burgos was 23 years old and coming into his own against a green Arce. The Burgos, Darchinyan faced was 33 years old and shot. It's foolish to compare there fights.

The way I see it, both fighters will get hit in this fight. Aside from a stoppage in his 4th fight Arce has only been stopped one other time. That was 10 years ago. Against one of the strongest fighters ever to fight in the lower classes. Michael Crabajal. He can take a punch. Darchinyan can't. He got knocked out by a modest puncher in Donaire. A one punch stoppage. Even Z Gorres who has less power than Donaire dropped and hurt him. Now he's about to face a stronger fighter. What do you think is going to happen when Arce hits him in the chin? I'll tell you. He's going down. And will stay down
    U cannot deny that everytime Arce has stepped up he has lost, including in his prime, and Jorge is far removed from his prime now. Vic is on an alltime high and has to go in as favourite and will more than likely KO Arce or win a one sided UD.
    Burgos had 8 losses when he fought Arce and lost the fight before and 2 fights after. Whether he deserved he win or not if Arce was any good he should have KO'd him.
    Donaire has a similiar KO% to Arce yet Donaire is a modest fighter and Arce is a powerpuncher?
    Vic is fighting on a higher level than Arce ever has, if it wasnt for Arce exciting style and ring entrances he wouldnt get half the exposure he does cos he aint that good really.
    Name a real good fighter Arce has beaten comprehensively, even a guy ranked in the top 3 in his division.
    Last edited by eagle; 01-29-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Thread Information