Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is plain fanboyism causing people to nitpick?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is plain fanboyism causing people to nitpick?

I think Oscar has a good chance if he comes in better prepared than his last fight. I feel people are using invalid excuses liked Floyd's opposition in the past few years or that he hasn't foughten at this weight which to me are ludicrous because Mayweather likely won't weigh more than in his last fight so him slowing down won't be valid. Also Mayweather has been fighting regularly Period. I don't care if you fight Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright once a year it won't help because there is too big of a layover inbetween fights. This isn't about Mayweather's opposition which I think was very good or about Oscar's lack of fighting over the past few years. This fight is about who has prepared best for the fight. It's about the last eight weeks not the last 5 years. Mayweather regardless of his opposition has always used flawless technique, and has always come in, in amazing shape IMO there really wasn't much better opposition out there for him(I don't think Frietas, Margaritto, Cotto are good enough... at the very least yet). I think this should be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is plain fanboyism causing people to nitpick?

no doubt its gona be a hella of a fight but exp is part of boxing and can be the winning factor for DLH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What experience though? He hasn't foughten a good fighter since 2004.. thats 3 years ago. Any sport at the top level isn't like riding a bike... you have to keep sharp, and he didn't do that. Look at the sparring video of Mayweather against Spadafora... he hadn't been in the gym in a long time, and he got beat down. One reason was he was in bad shape, but the other reason is that he didn't have his timing or speed to react. Half of fighting reflexes are actually reflexes, and the other half are knowing what is comming in what situation. Guaranteed Mayweather and Jones know more often than not what their opponent is going to throw before they do, and that comes with sparring countless times and staying active.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    What experience though? He hasn't foughten a good fighter since 2004.. thats 3 years ago. Any sport at the top level isn't like riding a bike... you have to keep sharp, and he didn't do that. Look at the sparring video of Mayweather against Spadafora... he hadn't been in the gym in a long time, and he got beat down. One reason was he was in bad shape, but the other reason is that he didn't have his timing or speed to react. Half of fighting reflexes are actually reflexes, and the other half are knowing what is comming in what situation. Guaranteed Mayweather and Jones know more often than not what their opponent is going to throw before they do, and that comes with sparring countless times and staying active.
    True you have to stay active....but ODLH has stayed active....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    ull see what im talking about on the 5th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We've all heard that famous saying, "There is many a slip between a cup and a lip."

No matter how sure an outcome seems there is always a chance it can go wrong.

I hope Mayweather has heard it before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    We've all heard that famous saying, "There is many a slip between a cup and a lip."

No matter how sure an outcome seems there is always a chance it can go wrong.

I hope Mayweather has heard it before...
    he'll remember that saying when his douche hits the canvas...
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Thread Information