Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What new games are you into?

I really enjoyed GTA4 so got myself a copy of 'Episodes from Liberty City' and 'Red Dead Redemption'. The 'Liberty City' game is a riot and I like the fact that there are two games on there. 'Red Dead Redemption' is also in the GTA mould, but is a Western set about a century ago. I've been having a lot of fun admiring the country views, riding my horse and shooting rabbits and deer. It looks like a game that has a lot of depth like GTA4 , so I am holding back on that until I get through with 'The ballad of Gay Tony' later on. BTW, I don't think you can get a better game title than that really. It cracks me up. I saw a penis whilst playing the 'Lost and Damned' today which was really funny and a bit weird. Hopefully I won't see it again.

So, a game thread. What games have you all been getting into recently?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What new games are you into?

I sold mine about a year ago when I was trying to finish Masters Degree stuff and I just wanted it out of the house cause it distracted me but now I'm thinking of getting another. I want to play Red Dead Redemption pretty bad.

I would probably get a 360 cause one of the games I really want is only on there.

So I want

Red Dead Redemption
    Mass Effect 2-played the first one, was awesome
    Final Fantasy XIII-old times sake
    FIFA 2010
    Fight Night Round 4
    NCAA Football 2010
    UFC 2010

and probably some other stuff. But those are the ones I want off the top of my head. Of course I probably wouldn't buy all of those at once.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been playing Fifa World Cup South Africa on the PS3. Trying to master it on manual controls and it's more enjoyable. Other than that, i play Left 4 Dead 2, GTA episodes from LC, PES10 and sometimes even PES6 on the PC. My PC graphics card is much more powerful than my PS3 so the graphics on it are mindlblowing almost. I've been thinking about flogging my PS3 for a while, but i don't reckon it's worth it. It's an older model so i'd get little for it.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been playing the World Cup game quite a bit recently, I love the whole Online World Cup thing. The only thing that annoyed me about that was when I finally got to the final the person I was playing quit when I went 2-0 up so I never got to see Cameroon lift the world cup
    I tried Dante's Inferno too but couldn't really get into it. It was just a bit too weird for me, I'm not into all that hellacious stuff, battling the Grim Reaper and random beasts in the underworld.
    You also can't beat a bit of Modern Warfare 2, although I made the mistake of entering Prestige mode online the other day and losing all of my custom classes, guns etc.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I sold mine about a year ago when I was trying to finish Masters Degree stuff and I just wanted it out of the house cause it distracted me but now I'm thinking of getting another. I want to play Red Dead Redemption pretty bad.

I would probably get a 360 cause one of the games I really want is only on there.

So I want

Red Dead Redemption
    Mass Effect 2-played the first one, was awesome
    Final Fantasy XIII-old times sake
    FIFA 2010
    Fight Night Round 4
    NCAA Football 2010
    UFC 2010

and probably some other stuff. But those are the ones I want off the top of my head. Of course I probably wouldn't buy all of those at once.
    Red Dead Redemption is a sumptuous looking peach of a game. You have to get your hands on it somehow. FIFA 10 is another one that I wanted but I went with the safe GTA style options. FIFA 10 recieved really jazzy reviews, so my eye was definitely turned. That has to be next on my list. The sad git in me also wants to buy a cricket game, but nobody sells cricket games. They are seldom good so perhaps I should let that one go.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...Bum games
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't play games much any more. The last game I played through was metro 2033 which was limited but had a great atmosphere. The book is great too.

Before that I was into Fallout which was epic, and The Witcher which might just be my favourite game. Read the first book too, great stuff.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really a game player but I bought an xbox 360 a little while back because it was a good deal, I've spent a fair bit of time playing Need for speed shift, no idea how recent that game is to be honest.

The works converted Zonda is a Monster for its weight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I really enjoyed GTA4 so got myself a copy of 'Episodes from Liberty City' and 'Red Dead Redemption'. The 'Liberty City' game is a riot and I like the fact that there are two games on there. 'Red Dead Redemption' is also in the GTA mould, but is a Western set about a century ago. I've been having a lot of fun admiring the country views, riding my horse and shooting rabbits and deer. It looks like a game that has a lot of depth like GTA4 , so I am holding back on that until I get through with 'The ballad of Gay Tony' later on. BTW, I don't think you can get a better game title than that really. It cracks me up. I saw a penis whilst playing the 'Lost and Damned' today which was really funny and a bit weird. Hopefully I won't see it again.

So, a game thread. What games have you all been getting into recently?
    Well obviously the GTA games, but i also like COD and Uncharted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just bought Red Dead Redemption a couple weeks ago. Great game. I am 30% or so through. The last game I finished was GTA4. I am thinking about playing GTA4 again.

I like these types of games because they are not too hard to the point where you feel like throwing the controller through the TV.......Fun games to play while having a few beers after wife goes to sleep.

When I first got the xbox I was really into the Rainbow/COD4 playing online vs people but I havent been online in a while.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have not played games in a long time save for a brunette.Now if only I could find the cheat codes because this ones a mindfuck and a half,just when Im about to break highscore...console freezes and I have to restart

Really though Ive only played Fallout 3 and expansion packs for last year and a half.Extremely addictive!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC 2010 i just got back to playing it and finishing my career, just can't seem to get that title! Can't even get a title shot Forrest always submits me lol!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red Dead Redemption is awesome. Needs to be played in HD mind

Finished it a couple of weeks ago (but still only completed 79% of what the game has to offer with the side challenged etc..)

It has now officially entered my top ten games of all time chart.

Still play Fight Night Round 4 too online.

Going to check what else is coming out as ready for a new game at some point
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Screw it.Just rented Redemption Whats with the PC "You have failed" if you break the law Didn't mean to shoot the guy,just figuring out controls.You have to love Rockstar

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been playing MLB The Show almost exclusively, I'm on my way to a Hall of Fame career. I did buy Red Dead Redemption though and occasionally I will win a couple free for alls in MW2.

Thread Information