Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why do Sky not use Spencer Oliver more??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do Sky not use Spencer Oliver more??

Always puzzled me that in the last few years, I think he is a class pundit and you only see him these days with little cameos either at ringside or on Ringside on thursdays.

Especially when you have the likes of fucking Nicky monotone Piper in the fucking studio every week!!

I thought Jamie Moore was great just a little nervous as you would expect few more shows under his belt I think he will be class to have in studio.

BUT BRING BACK SPENCER OLIVER!!!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do Sky not use Spencer Oliver more??

Did you see the numptys Barry and Johnny with their big TV making a case for Audley.

Collin Hart was actually good but Jim Watt is a twat for trying to make out Audley did himself proud in there. What was he watching!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Did you see the numptys Barry and Johnny with their big TV making a case for Audley.

Collin Hart was actually good but Jim Watt is a twat for trying to make out Audley did himself proud in there. What was he watching!

Hart is quality for the fact when Nelson or the others try overhyping British Fighters he just goes the opposite way hahaha and says it how it is.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Hart is quality for the fact when Nelson or the others try overhyping British Fighters he just goes the opposite way hahaha and says it how it is.
    Agreed that was quite refreshing bet he will not be invited back now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Always puzzled me that in the last few years, I think he is a class pundit and you only see him these days with little cameos either at ringside or on Ringside on thursdays.

Especially when you have the likes of fucking Nicky monotone Piper in the fucking studio every week!!

I thought Jamie Moore was great just a little nervous as you would expect few more shows under his belt I think he will be class to have in studio.

BUT BRING BACK SPENCER OLIVER!!!!
    Nicky Piper is probably the worst pundit in history. He's the Andy Townsend of boxing pundits. I wish he'd just fuck off.

Jamie Moore was good, although I wasn't too impressed by the guy presenting it. Hart was good as always.

I think the reason Spencer Oliver isn't on more is he comes out with some dodgy stuff at times. An example being the Nishioka-Munroe fight, he talked about the 'Japs' & you could see Johnny Nelson grimace. I like him, but there's just no way you can have a panel guy who comes out with that kind of stuff even if it ain't maliciously intended.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Johnny Nelson & Barry Mcguigan as a duo, they had a good go of it (unfortunately for the sake of TV, someone had to side with Audley). But it was fun to watch.

That interactive TV was a great addition too.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry Mcguigan knows his stuff, I mean really knows his stuff. I remember watching an old British roundtable discussion of past HW champions and he was suggesting that since the USSR had just recently disbanded for a few years that Eastern Europeans would really start to make their mark in boxing in a few years and possibly dominate, the program was around mid 90s and he went into detail on why that would be. ANd then I remember in some Amir Khan documentary posted on youtube, he was telling Khan to go with Freddy Roach to improve his flaws because he needed it, this was years before the ko to Presscott.

The man just knows his stuff inside and out.

Thread Information