Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Evander Holyfield son Evan in action. Thoughts?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Evander Holyfield son Evan in action. Thoughts?

Balls

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Evander Holyfield son Evan in action. Thoughts?

The Real Deal Junior can show his oats like Marvis Frazier. But remember you reap what you sow.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks Ok but too early to say how well he will do as a pro.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, of course too early. Nice neat fighter though, knows what he is doing in there and very good balance.

Jab falls too short and doesn't have big power, though he didn't seem to be loading up to be fair to him.

Totally different fighting style to Evander. Maybe less HGH

His surname will open lots of doors for him, but not too many sons of great fighters ever end up being very good.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a pretty collected and humble kid and a rabid Pacquiao fan in a recent interview. Needs to lose the man bun though . Pop needs to tell him all about countering uppercuts like the one he got clipped with at the bell there. Doesn't seem like many sons of heavy champs follow into the ring. Think Foremans son and Daughter tried. Rahman Jr. looks fairly decent so early on.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope he does well, as his father was/is one of my favourite fighters of all time. but, if he cant excel, Pops has what, 10, 11 more kids to try.

But from what I've seen I don’t see it.

People have to realize when an athlete has kids. They are only HALF of you. If the mother is just a trophy wife then well you’re offspring is not going to be better than you. I am saying it’s not he case 100% of the time but it’s genetics.

There’s only a few cases in boxing when the son was better then the father and I think that’s Mayweather ( don’t even have to say junior) and maybe Corey Spinks and that’s really it on the top of my head.

But I think in sports where technique is a dominant factor, it can happens more than people think.

• Three-time all-star Ken Griffey brought up his son in the ways of the ashen bat and he became a hall of famer.
    • Hall of famer Vladimir Guerrero's son Vlad Jr is considered the number one prospect in the Toronto Blue Jays organisation.
    • Frank Lampard Sr was capped for England and his son is one of the most accomplished players in the history of the English premier league.
    • Graham Hill is the only man ever to win the triple crown of motorsport and his son Damon had 22 wins in Formula 1.
    • Keke Rosberg was a F1 championship winner and his son, Nico Rosberg, won the F1 championship and then retired.

That said, I think it's kind of rare in boxing. Although skills and technique are hugely important in boxing there is also a certain dynamic required to create someone who is willing to get punched in the head for a living, which is less likely to be present in the offspring of a successful boxer.

We do have, however, examples of sons of boxing coaches who go on to great things. Calzaghe and Lomachenko, for example.

But I don’t think there’s every been a father and son in boxing who both were HOFers. Its always dad is great, son is ok, or dad is ok, and son is great.

Mofos with legend status dad's need to be like Adonis Creed & fight under an assumed name for awhile or some sh^t.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 05-18-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

too mcuh pressure to be a Marvis Frazier or a Evan Fields Jr., a whole nother case is personal or family type reasons,But in our case, a father might teach his sons to fight as self-defense, sepending on what neighborhood he's hanging in, I decided to hook my son up with an old friend, who is an a amateur boxer. My goal is not to teach him how to attack other children, but instead how to handle himself if he is attacked. 14 years old and in Nidorf Juvenile Hall in Sylmar, can't let it keep happening. Maybe Holyfield was having issues with his kid, maybe its his way out of those issues, not just for his ego, like slef-defense and then it just blossom on its own from that.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 05-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    I hope he does well, as his father was/is one of my favourite fighters of all time. but, if he cant excel, Pops has what, 10, 11 more kids to try.

But from what I've seen I don’t see it.

People have to realize when an athlete has kids. They are only HALF of you. If the mother is just a trophy wife then well you’re offspring is not going to be better than you. I am saying it’s not he case 100% of the time but it’s genetics.

There’s only a few cases in boxing when the son was better then the father and I think that’s Mayweather ( don’t even have to say junior) and maybe Corey Spinks and that’s really it on the top of my head.

But I think in sports where technique is a dominant factor, it can happens more than people think.

• Three-time all-star Ken Griffey brought up his son in the ways of the ashen bat and he became a hall of famer.
    • Hall of famer Vladimir Guerrero's son Vlad Jr is considered the number one prospect in the Toronto Blue Jays organisation.
    • Frank Lampard Sr was capped for England and his son is one of the most accomplished players in the history of the English premier league.
    • Graham Hill is the only man ever to win the triple crown of motorsport and his son Damon had 22 wins in Formula 1.
    • Keke Rosberg was a F1 championship winner and his son, Nico Rosberg, won the F1 championship and then retired.

That said, I think it's kind of rare in boxing. Although skills and technique are hugely important in boxing there is also a certain dynamic required to create someone who is willing to get punched in the head for a living, which is less likely to be present in the offspring of a successful boxer.

We do have, however, examples of sons of boxing coaches who go on to great things. Calzaghe and Lomachenko, for example.

But I don’t think there’s every been a father and son in boxing who both were HOFers. Its always dad is great, son is ok, or dad is ok, and son is great.

Mofos with legend status dad's need to be like Adonis Creed & fight under an assumed name for awhile or some sh^t.

Genetics. All too true.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked okay. Young and sloppy, but smart enough to weather the attacks and land his own shots in return. The odds are that it fizzles out, but he might do okay. In reality I think genetics are less of a factor than willingness to learn and self discipline.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol. He don't gat it. Good physical specimen, but he does not have that hunger in him or meanness. Grew up spoiled probably?!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information