Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG/Ramirez?

If this fight comes off, what weight will it be at, has anyone seen what was being discussed? All I know is Gilberto wants the fight and Loeffler is open to it but I never see what weight is proposed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG/Ramirez?

I heard 168 as an option along with saunders if canelo negotiations fall through. They would try to make Canelo first, presumably Saunders Second and Ramirez's name was thrown into the fold and another exciting name so it doesnt seem like hes out of options. (sounds like GBP is making canelo possibly a non option and Saunders "could fight" (his words) but maybe prices himself out. question is if both canelo and saunders duck him, is it enough for GGG to say "close enough, I got the big 3 (1 on technicality) and the 4 one doesn't want to fight....so everyone knows i'm the peoples champ" and move on...

He's facing hard options now because there's a snake behind every door. Golden boy behind canelo, warren behind saunders, and haymon behind jacobs. As much as id like to see Jacobs and GGG, i have to say its stupid to force a guy to win every title twice. if he beats jacobs, then what. they're gonna take the belt away again anyway and find some other guy to make champ and pay the sanctioning fee in the meantime and keep doing the same thing.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is to busy ducking ward and lara.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG would crush Lara. He boxes with his legs too much for a guy that cuts off the ring so well.

You have to be diverse to beat GGG and you have to occupy him. GGG would only be hunting against Lara and he's the best hunter in the business right now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It must be a ploy and negotiation tool to show that Golovkin has other options.

Saul will look bad if the fight does not happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank senior predicted jnr vs ggg in september.... im gonna guesss he means september 2017 😂

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG would crush Lara. He boxes with his legs too much for a guy that cuts off the ring so well.

You have to be diverse to beat GGG and you have to occupy him. GGG would only be hunting against Lara and he's the best hunter in the business right now.
    He should prove it.

If no canelo...move up.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad scenario.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

He should prove it.

If no canelo...move up.
    I'd give a few of GGG's opponents a great chance to beat Lara at 160 pounds, and I do like the Cuban's style. It would prove absolutely nothing if GGG were to beat him up.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is going to be funny/interesting as much as canelo and gbp have dodged golovkin at 160lbs I am pretty sure that this is still the fight golovkin and team want, they saw how much khan was paid(over inflated pay of course) and how much golovkin was paid for his win over wade and they know where the money is, which is what they are really after(which is perfectly fine in my opinion). Modern day boxing is full of crap dodges and the whole risk/reward farce but I do enjoy watching these subtle little games unfold, it's like a boxing match between the promoters outside of the ring S:

It would also be very funny all around if ramirez agreed to face ggg for the smw title at a catch weight :S

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they are serious about this one and legit 168 for Golvokin, it's a helluva fight and frankly I think formidable challenge for him. Dude is big all over and absolute volume. If it's a CW then smack Golovkin with a glove of hypocrisy. Jacobs probably gets the nod should he dispatch Lee.

that has potential to be a knockdown fest shootout btw

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Jacobs fighting Lee next for sure? Think thats more likely a blow out than a shoot out if so.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Is Jacobs fighting Lee next for sure? Think thats more likely a blow out than a shoot out if so.
    Nothing solid aside from few mentions, last I saw Jacobs talked Eubank as mandatory. Jacobs-Lee would be fun tv fight. any fighter dropped and hurt bad by a single Mora left hook can be flattened by a bricklayer like Lee . Jacobs should be camping on Golovkins front lawn at this point but promotion is and will be snag.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Nothing solid aside from few mentions, last I saw Jacobs talked Eubank as mandatory. Jacobs-Lee would be fun tv fight. any fighter dropped and hurt bad by a single Mora left hook can be flattened by a bricklayer like Lee . Jacobs should be camping on Golovkins front lawn at this point but promotion is and will be snag.

I give Jacobs some benefit of the doubt there as he probably didn't respect Moras punch and wanted a blowout. He couldn't have put his chin on a bigger plate rushing into that hook and Lee seems to only win fights when he's on the verge of being KO'ed though, so good point

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    This is going to be funny/interesting as much as canelo and gbp have dodged golovkin at 160lbs I am pretty sure that this is still the fight golovkin and team want, they saw how much khan was paid(over inflated pay of course) and how much golovkin was paid for his win over wade and they know where the money is, which is what they are really after(which is perfectly fine in my opinion). Modern day boxing is full of crap dodges and the whole risk/reward farce but I do enjoy watching these subtle little games unfold, it's like a boxing match between the promoters outside of the ring S:

It would also be very funny all around if ramirez agreed to face ggg for the smw title at a catch weight :S
    Its definitely the fight that Team GGG is looking to make, the elephant in the room for Loeffler that noone else sees is the risk being run here by walking away. Loeffler knows if he can't make the fight theres the possibility of other promoters calling around renewal time with the pitch that Loeffler /K2 couldnt get him the big fight. And as soon as GGG signs with Arum or Golden boy, that canelo is suddenly done masturbating err "marinating" at 155 and the fights made a lot easier. For that alone, loyalty aside, Loeffler will probably be wh*ring himself out to get a deal done under his tenure.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information