530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Theatre of the Absurd - Boxing Version

https://fightnews.com/results-from-nashville-2/155838

"58-year-old destroyed in 46 seconds"

58-year-old Scot England set a Guinness world record for being the oldest fighter to make his pro boxing debut on Tuesday night at the Texas Troubadour Theatre in Nashville, Tennessee. In the fight, 23-year-old opponent Jashawn Hunter (1-6, 1 KO) dropped England hard in the first five seconds. England got up woozy and after about 25 seconds the bout resumed. England took a few more shots before the towel was waved by the corner.

Cruiserweight Dionardo Minor (7-3-2, 2 KOs) took an eight round split decision over Charles Dale (13-3, 10 KOs) in a good scrap. Scores were 77-75 Dale, 77-75, 80-72 Minor.

Unbeaten heavyweight Erick Arellano (10-0, 7 KOs) scored a bizarre fourth round TKO over Armondo Reeves (4-15-2, 1 KO). Reeves’ gloves the canvas after a push which was ruled a knockdown. Reeves complained about the call and the referee then waved off the bout! Time was 2:52.

Super lightweight Marklin Bailey (9-13, 5 KOs) scored a fourth round KO over Keasen Freeman (6-14, 4 KOs). Bailey dropped Freeman three times in round three and twice in round four.

Unbeaten lightweight Iman Lee (8-0, 6 KOs) stopped Weusi Johnson (3-32-1, 0 KOs) in round five. Lee dropped Johnson in round four and twice in round five to end it. Body shots did the damage. Time was 2:10.

Super lightweight Aaron Lopez (2-0, 2 KOs) stopped Earnest Walls (1-15, 1 KO) in the third round.

Cruiserweight Aaron Cypress was victorious in round two when Shabios Lynch quit after running out of gas in the pro debuts for both fighters.

I saw the video on Facebook. The dude didn't look 58. He looked 20 years OLDER than that.

I was originally going to put this on the Boxing Forum, then changed my mind.

TBH, if I was scheduled to be on that card, I would've asked to be removed. No way I'm even involved in an event such as this.

If you can catch the video on Facebook (didn't see it on YouTube), it's mind-boggling. It literally hurts to watch. That was someone's grandfather getting the shit kicked out of him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Theatre of the Absurd - Boxing Version

WTF I felt the Scot England fight was pretty competitive and the back and forth was relatively entertaining. Gotta give credit where credit is due, 58 and lacing up is a bold athletic move and his performance was spot on. He landed some okay jabs before losing/getting robbed by his own corner. A rematch would settle any doubts viewers may have about Scot's technique and style.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    WTF I felt the Scot England fight was pretty competitive and the back and forth was relatively entertaining. Gotta give credit where credit is due, 58 and lacing up is a bold athletic move and his performance was spot on. He landed some okay jabs before losing/getting robbed by his own corner. A rematch would settle any doubts viewers may have about Scot's technique and style.
    Forgot to say ..... Beachfront property/Omaha, Nebraska

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next I would like to see Blind boxing, Father v grandchild, Man v Woman, flyweight v heavyweight, and Trump v Biden.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Next I would like to see Blind boxing, Father v grandchild, Man v Woman, flyweight v heavyweight, and Trump v Biden.

Right??

Anybody that scoffs at that statement, I would invite them to watch that video of the 58-year old guy getting knocked out.

All for the sake of some Guiness world record, FFS.

I'm thinking the guy must have no wife, no kids, hell... even no sane friends. No loved one in their right minds would allow an old geezer like that to put on boxing gloves in a ring.

The 23-year old opponent must have no conscience, either... WTF.

So yeah... what's next??

Trump vs Biden sounds good. Except I'm afraid Trump would KO Biden.

Ahh wait... you didn't say WHICH Biden, though.

I say throw Trump in there with Hunter Biden.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking ridiculous, absolute disgrace. Props to the guy for having the balls to get in the ring,but that doesn’t mean the fight should be allowed.
    He can be fit as a fiddle and look great on the pads, but literally the first jab he took put him on his ass.
    That’s gotta tell you something surely. Should have probably been stopped 30 seconds earlier.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I looked up the old geezer's conqueror, Jashawn Hunter. You can find him on BoxRec.

So it seems 23-year old Jashawn had lost his first 5 professional fights by knockout... all in the 1st round.

On his 6th pro fight he managed to see the end of the first round... and eventually lost a unanimous decision to some guy who was 0-10 at the time.

So he said, "Wait a minute... I gotta get a "W" on my ledger."

And in comes Scot England (is that his real name??), making his pro debut at 58 years of age.

By the way, England is ALSO on BoxRec who has him ranked at #2,067 out of 2,101 pro super lightweights in the world... and #321 out of 323 in the U.S.

So WHO are #322 and 323, you ask?

Ask no longer.

England is ranked above one Timothy Lawrence (0-1-0), from New Jersey... and one Christopher Aguiniga (also 0-1-0) from someplace undisclosed in the U.S.

By the way, Timothy's 36, and Christopher is 31.

So there you have it.

The whole sordid story.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/scot-...d-58-fighting/

"Boxrec Grey on Scot England Dream, Boxing’s Folly"

Another take on the ill-fated bout. I swear this author stole some of my lines.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scot England
    landed no blows
    Grampappy
    Hit new lows

No more beers
    No more Joe's
    58 years
    Still down with the hoes

Knocked out cold
    On his ass
    He too old
    And got no gas

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's very twisted. Learned a long time ago to look at "boxing commissions" based in the Mideastern region of the States with a fixed side eye. Always loaded with lopsided cannon fodder type opponents. But in this instance, they just said fuq it, let's make it a local celebrity event. All centered around "setting a boxing record" . Print and local media getting involved for the real life version of Weekend at Bernie's and losing site that a man's brain is being sloshed around when getting punched in the head. Even more vulture like is he apparently had zero amateur experience let alone any extensive training. Ffs he even came into the ring with one of his eyes blackened! Christy Martin is the local matchmaker, but she and the commission need a refresher course in common sense and basic right and wrong.

Every man/woman has a right to make a living. But that isn't it. You don't play boxing or experiment with it and I'd put a lot of this fiasco at the feet of people that know better in the sport giving life and entertaining the new crap wave of "influencer, youtube" crapola we see every weekend now. Oh you watched some how-to vids and read a guide or two ?...well step right up and one of these half-ass unknown platforms and used car salesman promotions will provide you a stage. The end of the vid is pretty unsettling. It was literally slo mo as England soft staggered sideways obviously out with no idea what was going on. The ref knew and even his opponent put arms on him to steady and direct him somehow.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information