Default Re: Wilder releases statement

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury did a great job pushing down on wilder during the fight. I saw it more than a handful of times. Wlad was good at that to. During the clinches you could see fury leaning into Deontae. I know it’s not legal so to speak but fury was able to get it in without it looking overdone like Klitchko often did. So Deontae knows he is going to be dealing with that but brings up this BS thing as an excuse and says Fury didn’t hurt him? Does he think boxing fans are stupid. I’ll admit I picked Deontae, I thought he might get in a sledgehammer punch but I never disliked Fury and I was glad to see a good fight, I still think all ppv should have much better undercards. I like seeing someone of fury’s background make good. He fought his ass off, the blood licking thing was sceevy but at least he didn’t bite anyone. I say let’s have a third fight, let Deontae wear a 2oz costume if he loses what will his excuse be this time? Who knows he took some killer shots maybe at this point he is actually believing what he is saying. I don’t know how many of you have had serious whacks to the head but they really do distort things quite a bit, sometimes it slow to come back, if it does.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

In short, I think the ref was favouring Wilder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The ref was not really allowing Fury to use his weight against Wilder that much. As soon as they clinched the ref was in there stopping Fury. The ref was quick to deduct a point against Tyson. Thankfully it did not matter.

I think fury got away with it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I'm with @Master, you could tell from the first round he was itching to take a point from Fury.

In all fairness it was a tough one to ref, I'll be he was fucking just as knackered as the fighters after them 7 rounds...probably felt like his shirt weighed 40lbs

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

But I’ll also say it was a boxing match so we are just pointing out what we saw. Maybe the truth is in the middle. I’ll say again I picked wilder by KO but I didn’t have a lot of skin in the game. I like wilder and I like fury, wasn’t he like a horrible Nazi racist for a while, I remember people freaking out about him. But I give him big props for that fight. The boy can do some damage. People were saying he was all done not long ago, and I don’t mean just this fight they were calling him done in boxing. Big ups to people who bounce back from the BS talk.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury was excellent.

His tactics were perfect: Wilder has always been a long range bomber, with a single weapon - that straight right. He was always been tall, rangy and light for a modern heavyweight.

Fury adjusted superbly and used his lessons from the previous fight well. There is a boxing brain in there.

He controlled distance, and tempo, thus taking away Deontay's one weapon. He also used his sheer size really well, pushing Wilder back, leaning all over him and bullying him up close. Eventually, he just beat the shit out of Wilder.

He did this much better than Klitschko or Valuev ever did. It's ironic really, as his usual style is not one that uses his size that well.

He is the guy who made all the improvements from the last fight. He looks fleshy, tubular and sometimes awkward but Tyson Fury is a genuine fighter down to his core.

Wilder was ........ well, Wilder.

In his last few fights, I've noticed he does absolutely nothing except focus on the big straight right. Little movement, negligible jab (though he has a decent jab), no variation and his team did exactly the same thing for this fight. No tactical changes, no surprises and they seemed bereft of ideas or encouragement in the corner when things weren't working.

The press were finally giving Deontay some respect, but they over egged it. They said he was the most destructive puncher in heavyweight history (fighting journeymen) and that he equalled Ali's title defence record (um, Ali was defending the UNDISPUTED WORLD championship, not a fragmented belt against fringe contenders)

Wilder is a very good athlete, came to the sport late - just like AJ - not a true hardened fighter.

Having said that, he was fit, very game, showed a good chin and also that he has heart and balls. The stoppage was the right call, and his subsequent comments have been very ill considered.

Just imagine what Emanuel Steward could have done with the raw Wilder if he had walked into the Kronk back in the day. A potential 6'7" Tommy Hearns ....
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shamma View Post
    🤯 Deontay Wilder: “He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me. I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight… I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40lbs with the helmet and all the batteries.” [@YahooSports]

This is from a genuine source...worse excuse I have heard,worse than David Hayes toe!!
    I can imagine Fury reading this and wears Deontay's exact costume for his own ring walk next time and still beats him.

Imagine at the end of Star Wars, Darth Vader takes his mask off and goes “that was some bullchit. My legs are dead from the costume”

But from what I read this is Deontay's next outfit for his ring walk.

In Russia there is an idiomatic expression which means that if you are a bad dancer you will blame even your balls. I don't know how to translate it into English and too lazy to google for an English equivalent, but if I were to show an image of this idiom, I'd show Wilder.

But look at firefighters - Those guys do gruelling exercises with much heavier gear than what Wilder had on.

Plus his uniform was custom made. He said it in one of the pre-fight specials which aired long before the Friday. So if he is saying he only tried it on the day before the fight he is talking bs.

I think Beyonce is suffering from a "perforated EGOdrum"
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 02-26-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Fury was excellent.

His tactics were perfect: Wilder has always been a long range bomber, with a single weapon - that straight right. He was always been tall, rangy and light for a modern heavyweight.

Fury adjusted superbly and used his lessons from the previous fight well. There is a boxing brain in there.

He controlled distance, and tempo, thus taking away Deontay's one weapon. He also used his sheer size really well, pushing Wilder back, leaning all over him and bullying him up close. Eventually, he just beat the shit out of Wilder.

He did this much better than Klitschko or Valuev ever did. It's ironic really, as his usual style is not one that uses his size that well.

He is the guy who made all the improvements from the last fight. He looks fleshy, tubular and sometimes awkward but Tyson Fury is a genuine fighter down to his core.

Wilder was ........ well, Wilder.

In his last few fights, I've noticed he does absolutely nothing except focus on the big straight right. Little movement, negligible jab (though he has a decent jab), no variation and his team did exactly the same thing for this fight. No tactical changes, no surprises and they seemed bereft of ideas or encouragement in the corner when things weren't working.

The press were finally giving Deontay some respect, but they over egged it. They said he was the most destructive puncher in heavyweight history (fighting journeymen) and that he equalled Ali's title defence record (um, Ali was defending the UNDISPUTED WORLD championship, not a fragmented belt against fringe contenders)

Wilder is a very good athlete, came to the sport late - just like AJ - not a true hardened fighter.

Having said that, he was fit, very game, showed a good chin and also that he has heart and balls. The stoppage was the right call, and his subsequent comments have been very ill considered.

Just imagine what Emanuel Steward could have done with the raw Wilder if he had walked into the Kronk back in the day. A potential 6'7" Tommy Hearns ....

Fury's style is box office too. He didn't try and fiddle his way to a win. He went out and brought the fight to Wilder and forced him to fight. It was a great heavyweight spectacle, not a great fight because Wilder wasn't at the races. He realised early on Fury was coming after him and his confidence drained. He was fucked by the third and it was just a matter of time then but Fury's new sryle made it fantastic entertainment. I think the third fight will sell more than the second one did. The hardcore boxing fans will all still buy it and casual fans will still have enough belief in Wilder's right hand that they'll figure he has a good chance of winning and buy it. But Fury's new style was responsible for all the buzz this fight has generated. Anybody know what the PPV numbers are for it?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deontay should have been smart & got carried in like tyson
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury was a class above last week. He was the better man in the first fight too.

Had Wilder just said the better man won on the night and he'd had a few problems in training and stuck to that then the rematch clause being taken up would have been fair play - though he's shown nothing in 19 rounds other than his bomb that he can reverse the loss.

The excuses though now are laughable and making the rematch seem farcical.

There's only ever been one good excuse for losing a fight and that was Dave's poorly big toe. Fact
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://twitter.com/allofthebelts/st...342453249?s=21
    So this was an interview in 2018. What a complete fucking wanker. So he does “all his training” in a 45Lb vest.
    But having it on for 10 or 15 minutes fucked him up!
    This is cast iron proof that if you talk shit all the time, IT WILL come back and bite you in the ass!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So this was an interview in 2018. What a complete fucking wanker. So he does “all his training” in a 45Lb vest.
    This is cast iron proof that if you talk shit all the time, IT WILL come back and bite you in the ass!
    Ha! Brilliant
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    to me it sounds like he might be saying four to five pound vest, this was funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMYV...ature=youtu.be
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information