Thread: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Byrd vs Klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Byrd vs Klitschko

Laugh all you want my fellow forum goer's...but today is a day that the Wack has been waiting for...a heavyweight fight that just might actually turn out to be something to talk about!

All the while...as most of you are rolling your eyes & forcing your fingers down your throats to visualize your disgust...Wacko will be here...grinning from ear to ear and taking one more shot during the match...& thus breaking the cardinal rule of Wackoland...that rule being...drinking before the sun goes down.

Technically...that rule's been broken on several occassions...but we won't even go there!

As always...I've decided to do some early early prep work for the weekend & what I hope turns out to be the best heavyweight match up this year.

We shall see.

First thing's first...let's go ahead & thank the HBO team for bringing us this compelling match up...& in the middle of the day no less...good job boy's...the RBR will suffer greatly.

It's time for another installment of Wacko's Drunken Round By Round featuring the return of IBF Heavyweight Champion Chris Byrd as he takes on one time conqueror Wladimir Klitschko in Germany of all fwockin places! Byrd better either knock Wlad out or atleast down. This is Byrd’s first title defense away from Don King...so maybe he will be a bit more determined as he has to make a statement for those two reasons. Needless to say...dispatching Wlad Klitschko would be a huge statement for Byrd to make. Revenge & reinvention.

There was a lot of drama to their first fight & equal amounts of controversy.

First & foremost...Wlad Klitscko outboxed, outslicked, & overpowered argueably on of the most skilled boxers of the heavyweight division. He even dropped Byrd twice. Afterwards Byrd would go on to argue that Wlad had a chemical on his gloves that burnt his face & that was the cause of the horrible performance against the youngest Klitscko brother.

Personally, IWO, that's utter bullshat! Byrd got beaten...dominated & that is that.

Now Byrd has a chance at righting the wrong that was committed in Germany back in 2000...but he's gonna have to fight for it.

He may just have a chance at revenge come Saturday night.
    Wladimir, like Byrd, has been on the slide lately. He's been stopped twice since their last meeting & he's been plagued with stamina issues...these are just the very things that Byrd could capitalize on if given the opportunity. Then again...looking back...it's almost a definite that Wlad was not actually stopped...but more so that he stopped himself.

A few things to take note of...

#1: Byrd does not have the chin of Brewster. Nuff said.

#2: If Wlad connects correctly & doesn't go wild as far as his output...if he picks his shots & throws them accordingly...he will most likely outwork Byrd as he did the first time. Also...initially I was going for Wlad by TKO. I'm still gonna stick to this...reason being? At the risk of repeating myself over & over & over...I can't stress the fact that Byrd has slown down a shatload. I've been a Byrd fan from the first day that I saw him...I can honestly say that the new style of Byrd equals a loss of speed...again...nuff said!

#3: Again, at the risk of repeating myself over & over & over...this fight is in Germany. WTF was Byrd thinking? This is either going to be a last ditch effort on Byrd's part (judging from his training regiment right now...it is) to make a HUGE statement or it's the last big paycheck that he can cash. He better either TKO Wlad or work his ass to death.

Honestly...I know that a lot of fight fans could give a shat about this fight...but I am a bit intriqued to see which Chris Byrd & which Wlad Klitschko show up. This could really turn out to be a good card & seeing as how it's a freebie...that's enough of a shoe in for me.

I'm a bit burnt out on the price tags lately...so this is kinda refreshing...plus...I kinda get's a kick outta the fact that it's a 5 in the afternoon deal too.

Again...I will stick with Wladimir Klitschko by late round TKO.

So...as always...break out the chips & salsa...your poison of choice & pick your spot on the couch...Saturday April 22nd, 2006 is fight night & it's on like Donkey Kong!

Cheers...& koneecheewah bitches.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Byrd vs Klitschko

CC Wack,I love reading you analysis!! I must say I am looking forward to this fight too and I think Byrd is destined to lose. Why? Simple,unless Byrd Koes him,he's not going to win on points is he?? And I don't see Byrd koeing him! However, the HW division is sooo unpredictable nowadays,I mean most thought Brewster and Tony would win sooooo,anything could happen! By the way,any good fights on the undercard??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Byrd vs Klitschko

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    CC Wack,I love reading you analysis!!
    What'd you say about Wacko's anal?!?!?!

Thanks babe...I love doing the ole' rundown's before the fights...just as much as I loves doin the ole' drunken thang!

back.

Notice Wacko be nearing the 1600 mark? Oh my.

I must say I am looking forward to this fight too and I think Byrd is destined to lose. Why? Simple,unless Byrd Koes him,he's not going to win on points is he?? And I don't see Byrd koeing him!
    Agreed...but I'll be honest with you...for some reason...I think that we'll be seeing Byrd show the fwock out.

It's easy for peeps to lump Byrd into being a shatty view...but truthfully babe...he's not. He's a great boxer...one of the best in the game & if you watch his old fights...you'll see what I mean.

However, the HW division is sooo unpredictable nowadays,I mean most thought Brewster and Tony would win sooooo,anything could happen! By the way,any good fights on the undercard??
    Very true...anything can & will happen...

Not sure...I don't believe that they will be televising an undercard.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"seeing as how it's a freebie"

free HBO weekend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the DRbR as always wacko!

I am interested in this fight simply to see which fighters show up. Is it going to be the slow Byrd or one that can (and has to) out work Wlad. On the other side, which Wlad is going to appear? The one that shoots his load in the first five rounds and then tries to survive? or the Wlad that fought Peter, who controlled his output and sustained his energy over the 12 rounds.

I am going to have to change my opinion on this fight. I orginally said Byrd by Decision, but as seeing the fight is in Germany and the only way for Byrd to win there is to (T)KO Wlad (we all know that is not going to happen). I am going to say Wlad by decision.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    "seeing as how it's a freebie"

free HBO weekend?
    Yep...it's a freebie.

No PPV buy on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    for the DRbR as always wacko!
    back TyBuff.

I am interested in this fight simply to see which fighters show up. Is it going to be the slow Byrd or one that can (and has to) out work Wlad. On the other side, which Wlad is going to appear? The one that shoots his load in the first five rounds and then tries to survive? or the Wlad that fought Peter, who controlled his output and sustained his energy over the 12 rounds.
    Agreed.

I really think that this is going to be a fight that surprises most viewers.

Make no mistake...Byrd should not be totally discounted on this one. He seems highly motivated...I still say Wlad has enough to stop him though.

The Byrd that fought Golota could really give Wlad fits.

That is another factor that should be considered. Byrd has fought his last 2 fights with pretty much little to no heart as he was fighting two of his chums.

I think that Chris can make a fight outta this one. He's going to be motivated & I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad's stamina issues rear their ugly heads on this one.

If Byrd comes in 100% & Wlad does not...he's fwocked.

I am going to have to change my opinion on this fight. I orginally said Byrd by Decision, but as seeing the fight is in Germany and the only way for Byrd to win there is to (T)KO Wlad (we all know that is not going to happen). I am going to say Wlad by decision.
    Could be. We shall see...aint it fun playing the guessing game though?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i think this one will go right off and F*ck me the Heavies need a cracking fight badly at present!!
    Wack mate ...do you have a cheeky swig while preparing the DRBR's..?
    Just to get you in the groove

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you imagine if Wlad got stopped. That's the only reason im going to watch this fight.. I want Byrd to KO him. Seriously, if Brewster can do it, Byrd can. I swear. If Byrd were in there instead of Brewster that night.. OF COURSE he would have beaten Wlads ass, that's why this fight is interesting. Say what you like but the fact is that when they first fought, Wlad went, and Byrd took him, a full hard 12 rounds. Sure it was a one sided win for Wlad but Byrd was always there fighting back.. And Brewster was only there for 5 rounds, never even doing anything for the first four, and Wlad gassed out. If that happens to Wlad in this fight, Byrd will put him away, because he knows how to put punches together. If Sam Peter had known that, Wlad would have been out, imo. Again the power difference is huge but I don't think its just a matter of having power, when a guy "implodes" like Wlad has done, you just need to hit him, and Byrd can and will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly Wack I couldn't agree more with you, I think this fight is gonna be allot better than what everyone is thinking it will be so don't sleep on this fight. I'm not a big byrd fan but for some reason I really think he's gonna pull this off with a win? What time does the fight come on, damn I'm glad I read this because I thought I was at the normal time on Sat night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko having seen the fight how early did his eyes swell up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOAH,you're right Wack,nearly 1600 CC's?!? You haven't been with the boss have you?? That's anal amazing stat!! By the way,I have only seen a few Byrd fights,which would you guys recommend to see him at his best?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He had a real good performance against Tua, and the Golota fight was good to watch, though he may have very well lost it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Wacko having seen the fight how early did his eyes swell up?
    His eyes started "acting up" around the 4th.

His eyes were swollen at about the 5th on...that shat was from punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOAH,you're right Wack,nearly 1600 CC's?!? You haven't been with the boss have you?? That's anal amazing stat!! By the way,I have only seen a few Byrd fights,which would you guys recommend to see him at his best?
    I loved his fights against Ibeabuchi (until he got KO'd), Holy, Tua, Purity, & Golota.

Good fights...he's enjoyable...you just have to get into the mindset that he aint that big of a KO man & that's what most heavies have to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I loved his fights against Ibeabuchi (until he got KO'd), Holy, Tua, Purity, & Golota.

Good fights...he's enjoyable...you just have to get into the mindset that he aint that big of a KO man & that's what most heavies have to be.
    I think that the Heavies always going for the KO is the problem with them. The majority dont set up punches well, work combos, or really work the body effectively. Most go for that one perfect shot. I think that as a whole if the heavies used the sweet science more they would be more interesting. But of course what makes them interesting in the first place is their freakish power.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information