Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things I took away from tonight's fight.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Things I took away from tonight's fight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    isn't it time you left the Mexican - Puerto Rico thing alone and just judged on boxing alone you fucking idiot.

You poor guy, if you let that comment bother you then you must be either Mexican or weak minded or both, which is it.

Don't feel to bad, Alvarez needed a boxing lesson and he certainly got it, (EASY WORK FOR FLOYD) who knows he may even be better for it, I kinda doubt it though. He better stay at Jr Middle though, if he moves up they better give him some powder puffs before he steps in against a real fighter and gets stomped again.

Floyd Sr said Alvarez would be like a sparring partner, he was right. Alvarez sparring partners are getting knocked out and hurt in training, who the hell was he sparring against. Floyd isn't a f*cking sparring partner, he's a f*cking fighter, believe it now.
    Do I look like I am Mexican you fucking peasant.

No... you look like a flat piece of glass with letters and pictures on it.

It is a forum, after all. You could be Mexican and just trying to throw us off the scent.

.........you fucking clown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    1. Canelo never belonged in the same ring with Floyd. He was schooled, exposed, humiliated, toyed with, and embarrassed.

2. Cotto gave Floyd a much better fight than Canelo ever did.

3. The judge that called the fight a draw should be suspended, ridiculed, tortured, and shot. Not necessarily in that order.

4. Canelo is the huge Mexican TV hype job everyone thought he was. Hyped up by TV, because of his "boyish good looks", and because they're looking for the next De La Hoya. Even Chavez Sr., who knows a bit about bloated records himself, was quoted as saying that Canelo is a hype job.

5. Butthurt Mexican fans will find all sorts of excuses as to why Canelo lost by such a huge margin. The sad truth is...... he should've never been there in the first place. Great marketing by all involved, including Floyd himself, who must be laughing all the way to the bank.

6. Garcia-Matthysse should've been the main event. It was at least 20 times better and more entertaining than watching Floyd taking Canelito to school.
    Bitter, bitter, bitter. Isnt there a decent P.R boxer you could focus your attention on instead of hating all the time?

Oh wait no there isn't.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    1. Canelo never belonged in the same ring with Floyd. He was schooled, exposed, humiliated, toyed with, and embarrassed.

3. The judge that called the fight a draw should be suspended, ridiculed, tortured, and shot. Not necessarily in that order.

4. Canelo is the huge Mexican TV hype job everyone thought he was. Hyped up by TV, because of his "boyish good looks", and because they're looking for the next De La Hoya. Even Chavez Sr., who knows a bit about bloated records himself, was quoted as saying that Canelo is a hype job.

5. Butthurt Mexican fans will find all sorts of excuses as to why Canelo lost by such a huge margin. The sad truth is...... he should've never been there in the first place. Great marketing by all involved, including Floyd himself, who must be laughing all the way to the bank.

6. Garcia-Matthysse should've been the main event. It was at least 20 times better and more entertaining than watching Floyd taking Canelito to school.
    Bitter, bitter, bitter. Isnt there a decent P.R boxer you could focus your attention on instead of hating all the time?

Oh wait no there isn't.
    you mean other than the guy who took the spot light on Saturday night's PPV and the lineal Jr welterweight champion?

I haven't hashed out any petty insults towards Canelo, just have stated the truth, the kid wasn't good enough to get the job done Saturday nor remotely as good as many thought he was, that being said he's still a solid young fighter who will have a good career, he just needs to continue to keep the level of competition up and not drop back down to fighting smaller older guys, he has plenty of good options, a rematch with Trouth, Molina, K9 (as a bounceback fight), Lara, Martirosyan, Andrade, or guys at 160

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

Oh wait no there isn't.
    you mean other than the guy who took the spot light on Saturday night's PPV and the lineal Jr welterweight champion?

I haven't hashed out any petty insults towards Canelo, just have stated the truth, the kid wasn't good enough to get the job done Saturday nor remotely as good as many thought he was, that being said he's still a solid young fighter who will have a good career, he just needs to continue to keep the level of competition up and not drop back down to fighting smaller older guys, he has plenty of good options, a rematch with Trouth, Molina, K9 (as a bounceback fight), Lara, Martirosyan, Andrade, or guys at 160

And that is the reason I didn't point out any of your posts. I was exaggerating for affect there with @TitoFan because there are plenty of boxers from every country that we could focus our attention on...unfortunately Tito just wants to talk shit versus discuss anything good any other boxer does.

If Canelo was created by the media and is a hype machine so be it, he got schooled Saturday and will be brought down to earth now. Trust me I understand about wanting to rub it in a bit but on one thread, this guy is trashing Canelo on every thread and regardless of how he did against Floyd in relation to how Cotto did he did his best, he's 23 and is going to go very far I the sport if he can regain his confidence.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito dislikes Mexicans and there really is not that much to cling on to in the pr world of boxing at the moment i guess. Fact is who if not Canelo then who i mean he beat Trout was the top guy at the division i don't see a problem with the fight. There are not many great fighters left really if i am honest. Mayweather pretty much lost to Castillo and closes thing to beating him was Oscar near the end of his career pretty much. I say Mayweather peaked kinda late all the stars from the 90's Mosley, Oscar, and hell even Tito were done by the time he was a champ not there not really the comp there anymore.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Tito dislikes Mexicans and there really is not that much to cling on to in the pr world of boxing at the moment i guess. Fact is who if not Canelo then who i mean he beat Trout was the top guy at the division i don't see a problem with the fight. There are not many great fighters left really if i am honest. Mayweather pretty much lost to Castillo and closes thing to beating him was Oscar near the end of his career pretty much. I say Mayweather peaked kinda late all the stars from the 90's Mosley, Oscar, and hell even Tito were done by the time he was a champ not there not really the comp there anymore.

I don't dislike Mexicans, 140. I dislike SOME Mexican boxers, and many Mexican boxing fans.

Mexican boxers I like (active and/or recently retired): JMM, MAB, Mikey Garcia (not sure if he qualifies). Mexican boxers I dislike: JCC Jr., Rios (punk), Canelo (coddled a la JCC Jr. through his early career), Margacheato.

The ones I like don't get any attention, because it doesn't suit the agenda of those who want to believe I hate all Mexicans and Mexican boxers. But yet.... I've yet to hear some of the more vocal haters say one positive thing about a P.R. boxer.

That the rivalry is one-sided at this point? Damn right it is. Again.... I'm capable of being objective. Not a strong point of some of the more vocal P.R. haters, whose name(s) I'll choose not to go into at this juncture.

I'm outspoken.... so it naturally rubs people the wrong way. But I'm straight out with my opinion.... and will respond to unprovoked insults in kind.

Yeah... I've been dragging Canelo over the rocks. Why not? It bothers me that hype can play such a huge part in getting a fighter a multi-million dollar shot. Sure his record was impressive. In numbers of wins and losses. When you examine the quality of opponents over the course of his whole career.... you see the first 35 or so were bums or washed up has-beens. Nothing that hasn't been said before by many other than me. That I stated that Canelo was less competitive against Floyd than anyone since JMM? What's wrong with that?

But anyway.... people will believe what they will believe. Those that know better, know better..... that's all. Did I lose a bit of my unbias with Canelo? Yeah probably. I'm human after all. And after a while some things rub me the wrong way. No big deal.

One of these things is the penchant both Canelo and JCC Jr. have for getting weight-drained, and then putting on 20-30 pounds by fight night. Some call it good weight management. I consider it being close to cheating. Well..... in JCC Jr.'s case..... it WAS cheating.

Canelo will go on to have a great career. He's young and strong. He just didn't belong in the ring with Floyd Mayweather.

Thread Information