Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux - Saturday night fight/chat thread

I had it 116 - 111 for Donaire.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Rigo winning by one round. I was counting landing clean shots on my fingers by having one fighter as one hand and the other the other hand, then removing shots off when Im out of fingers,works well until someone gets five clear shots ahead never happened in this fight though. I was giving Donaire the rounds where he was landing the odd harder shot. Dont think one of the judges did that though.
    Last edited by Andre; 04-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close fight had Donaire, winning by 2 rounds it was very close nothing to shout or scream about
    well done Rigondeaux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a walkover for Rigo he gave Donaire a boxing lesson and a schooling throughout the fight
    Donaire could not really get into the fight at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

116- 111 Rigondeaux, Donaire just couldn't hit him enough and was somewhat pedestrian. Rigo was too slick and deserved the win, they will do it again and Donaire will have to think of something else in fight two?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    People here seem pretty clueless about how much skills transfer from Amateur to pro boxing, hence why most of the best ever pros have had good amateur careers. Considering that Rigondeaux is in my opinion the best amateur boxer ever I think he will give anyone in the pros a good fight.

Im picking Donaire to win this by KO but I would not be suprised if Rigo won.
    He is the best counter puncher i have seen in a long time and if he connects a few big shots early Donaire could start getting scared to throw.

Another thing i find strange with comments here is talking of level of opponents. Donaire hasnt fought that many brilliant fighters. Arce, Nishioka, Mathubela, Montiel are all good fighters but none i would consider great. Vasquez just got beaten by an unknown Jap who had heart but was nothing special. I think Rigo would beat any of these fighters too.

I dont care who wins and just hope its a great fight
    @Silkeyjoe -Right, just in case Rigon wins, that way you won't have to eat as much crow.

An American from Texas walks into a bar in Ireland, he spots a beautiful girl setting at a table, goes over and introduces himself, and offers to buy her a pint. She accepts the offer and the Texan exclaims: You must be Irish, because my penis is Dublin.
    No crow for me thanks. Not shocked by this result at all. Rigo was a step up in class from what Donaire was used to fighting as was Donaire from what Rigo had been fighting. I just loved all the stupid comments on how Donaire was gonna school him its like they never seen Rigo fight before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I had Rigo winning by one round. I was counting landing clean shots on my fingers by having one fighter as one hand and the other the other hand, then removing shots off when Im out of fingers,works well until someone gets five clear shots ahead never happened in this fight though. I was giving Donaire the rounds where he was landing the odd harder shot. Dont think one of the judges did that though.
    TBH, i'm disappointed in the result, I was expecting to see the Cuban "amateur" get his 'jackel' ass kicked. I'm not about to become a fan anytime soon.
    You've got to give Rigo credit, he negated Donaire's power with his slick defense and countered well all night. With the exception of the KD in the 10th round, Donaire's punches were for the most part ineffective.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People here seem pretty clueless about how much skills transfer from Amateur to pro boxing, hence why most of the best ever pros have had good amateur careers. Considering that Rigondeaux is in my opinion the best amateur boxer ever I think he will give anyone in the pros a good fight.

Im picking Donaire to win this by KO but I would not be suprised if Rigo won.
    He is the best counter puncher i have seen in a long time and if he connects a few big shots early Donaire could start getting scared to throw.

Another thing i find strange with comments here is talking of level of opponents. Donaire hasnt fought that many brilliant fighters. Arce, Nishioka, Mathubela, Montiel are all good fighters but none i would consider great. Vasquez just got beaten by an unknown Jap who had heart but was nothing special. I think Rigo would beat any of these fighters too.

I dont care who wins and just hope its a great fight
    @Silkeyjoe -Right, just in case Rigon wins, that way you won't have to eat as much crow.

An American from Texas walks into a bar in Ireland, he spots a beautiful girl setting at a table, goes over and introduces himself, and offers to buy her a pint. She accepts the offer and the Texan exclaims: You must be Irish, because my penis is Dublin.
    No crow for me thanks. Not shocked by this result at all. Rigo was a step up in class from what Donaire was used to fighting as was Donaire from what Rigo had been fighting. I just loved all the stupid comments on how Donaire was gonna school him its like they never seen Rigo fight before.
    I'm not shocked, just surprised that 'jackel' went 12 rounds with one of best fighters in the world. What really won the fight for Rigo was his defense, and you are correct, I hadn't seen enough of Rigo to know he was that good.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    How did you all have the fight, so far ive collected over 40 press scores who have a variety of scores.

I had it closer than man scoring for Rigondeaux 115-113
    I had it 116-115 for Rigo. I scored 5 rounds even and if i had a gun to my head to pick a winner of each Id have the scores 114-113 to Rigo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Close fight had Donaire, winning by 2 rounds it was very close nothing to shout or scream about
    well done Rigondeaux.
    @Dia bando - Agreed, unless you were a Rigon fan, it wasn't a very entertaining fight to watch, especially after all the hype this fight generated.

I don't know what Donaire could do different to win in a rematch, the bottom line is Rigon is good technically, and very hard to hit with clean punches.

cheers

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well done Rigondeaux.
    @Dia bando - Agreed, unless you were a Rigon fan, it wasn't a very entertaining fight to watch, especially after all the hype this fight generated.

I don't know what Donaire could do different to win in a rematch, the bottom line is Rigon is good technically, and very hard to hit with clean punches.

cheers
    It was a good boxing match. Not too much fast-paced action, but we knew that coming in. What I was expecting was a sneaky counter-shot ko from Donaire somewhere in the 7,8 or 9th round. It didn't happen.

The reason why it didn't happen was that we UNDERESTIMATED the MOBILITY of Rigondeaux and his ability to move in and out fast and quickly. That type of movement was never there with him in his other fights, and it kind of surprised me.

You see? This is why it's hard to make a prediction in some of these fights unless you go to the respective training camps.

Donaire just could not catch the guy coming in, and Rigondeaux used the ring EFFECTIVELY and amped up just a little bit with regard to offense. That offensive style too was uncharacteristic of Rigondeaux.

Masterful fight by him. Hats off!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well done Rigondeaux.

cheers
    Yes it was a technical type of fight, sometimes we never get what we want,! Rigon is very slick as
    they say, well it's how it goes but 2 of the very best meet and it's good for boxing.
    Boxing needs more fights like this, the best fighters Champions facing each other.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Replay starting, this time we'll try it minus the Stella artois.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    *I had it 118-109... Nonito lost 11 rounds... Nonito looks like he undeestimated what Rigo could do... in the end, Nonito's face was a mess as well... anyone who has it for Nonito should be ashamed
    You are wrong and just because you write in red does not make you right.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information