Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Over 30 Press scores for Geale vs Barker

Currently sitting at 36 Scores collected for the IBF Middleweight fight between Geale and Barker. I scored the fight 115-113 Geale.

Of the 36 collected, 26 have scored for Barker, 8 for Geale and 2 draws.

All scores on my fightscorecollector site (In the Signature Below)

Thanks for any comments
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Over 30 Press scores for Geale vs Barker

For such a close fight, it's quite surprising the "robbery" brigade haven't been out in force, either because both TV companies scored it for Barker, or Geale being an Aussie didn't mean anything to the American fans?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    For such a close fight, it's quite surprising the "robbery" brigade haven't been out in force, either because both TV companies scored it for Barker, or Geale being an Aussie didn't mean anything to the American fans?
    I've just watched it in fulll and thought Geale clearly didn't do enough to pull it out. He had two huge rounds which made it seem closer than it was. 115-112 Barker was my score, and that was giving Geale a round or two that could have gone the other way imo. Even the wingnuts couldn't paint this as a robbery, although sadly I'll bet Geale being an Aussie does have something to do with nobody trying to.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The batshit thing is that Barker actually needed 2 of the 3 judges giving him the 12th, which he very clearly lost, to get the decision. Not a clue in hell what they were watching in that round or prior to it. Even the judge who would have had my same scorecard, gave Barker the 12th anyways, weird stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I've just watched it in fulll and thought Geale clearly didn't do enough to pull it out. He had two huge rounds which made it seem closer than it was. 115-112 Barker was my score, and that was giving Geale a round or two that could have gone the other way imo. Even the wingnuts couldn't paint this as a robbery, although sadly I'll bet Geale being an Aussie does have something to do with nobody trying to.
    Well as it was a close fight and it was stagged in america and not germany it can't have been a robbery, close fights are only robberies in germany.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a Brit vs an Aussie in Atlantic city. Hardly the time to call a fix regardless of what happened. It does go to show how bizarre judges can be even without any leaning a certain way. It 2 of the 3 didn't give Barker a round he lost huge, he wouldn't have got the decision he clearly deserved. It's as if the judges realized they had shit the bed until then and just decided to make sure the right guy won.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker won the fight, but he didn't win the 12th so that makes it a bit bizarre? It was close enough for them to do it again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had problems posting on my site in the last few days.....

My final totals were 48 press guys passed thier score to me with 38 scoring for Barker, 8 for Geale and 2 had it a draw.

For the first time i did an average score from the 48 points totals..........

That Score Was 114-113 Barker
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post

My final totals were 48 press guys passed thier score to me with 38 scoring for Barker, 8 for Geale and 2 had it a draw.

If 38 had it for Barker and only 8 for Geale (and if you have calculated correctly ) to have an average score difference of 1 point, is crazy. Guess it was close huh! lol

Great work compiling all that info dude.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 114-113 Geale, though I had money on Geale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Three more posts to go before I can post the REVOLUTIONARY SOLUTION I've though of that will cure boxing of all its ills!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had 114-113 Geale, but I could see many rounds going either way, as there were not a lot of clear rounds for either fighter outside of the knockdown.

I thought that Barker could have made his case more convincingly with his jab, which he didn't throw consistently after about the third round. He was looking for the long right hand, which was absolutely there... but I wasn't sure why he didn't use the jab to find and move Geale where he wanted him before throwing that punch. There was an uppercut available to him, which Geale did a good job of moving away from, and a hook as well that he didn't throw often enough in my opinion.

On Geale's end, I thought he fought pretty well, but he also was not consistent with his success. I thought he, as the champion, did enough to keep his belt - but all through the fight I was telling folks that were watching with me that the rounds could easily go either way and there were a lot of those rounds... probably 7 as a conservative estimate.

Good fight, though, and very deserving of a rematch. I do think that Barker should win pretty convincingly the next go - if he looks at his mistakes, I think that his style should beat a style like Geale's if both are fighting well.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

If 38 had it for Barker and only 8 for Geale (and if you have calculated correctly ) to have an average score difference of 1 point, is crazy. Guess it was close huh! lol

that's an interesting point

although its not really coz its averagely rounded
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

that's an interesting point

although its not really coz its averagely rounded
    38 scores in favour of one fighter and 8 scores in favour of another and only an 'Average' of 1 point difference is an unusual' Average' to say the least!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must have been that definitive 12th round. How many points is it worth again?

Thread Information