Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Takefumi Sakata is slowing down!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I think Takefumi Sakata is slowing down!!

He scraped past Shingo Yamaguchi in his last fight,drew the fight before that and appears to have slowed slightly. I don't blame,an AWESOME trilogy v Parra(where has he gone?) and 2 SUPERB fights with Vazquz(where has he gone?>) seem to have taken it out of him. I want to see him beat Naito,whom he has a draw with from earlier in their careers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I think Takefumi Sakata is slowing down!!

I've heard he didn't look that good. How old is he? Could be getting a bit past it.

If this thread gets ten responses it will be a miracle.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    He scraped past Shingo Yamaguchi in his last fight,drew the fight before that and appears to have slowed slightly. I don't blame,an AWESOME trilogy v Parra(where has he gone?) and 2 SUPERB fights with Vazquz(where has he gone?>) seem to have taken it out of him. I want to see him beat Naito,whom he has a draw with from earlier in their careers.
    Parra now fights as a Bantamweight. Which is a good thing for him cuz he needed to move up. There's no doubt his struggles to make weight cost him in his 3rd fight against Sakata.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I've heard he didn't look that good. How old is he? Could be getting a bit past it.

If this thread gets ten responses it will be a miracle.

I think he jsut hit 30,I'm not sure. Either way,the guy has had a terrific career,some real good action fights. He's a little work horse,non stop punching,awesome combos,like a videogame character but not much power!"! His fights with Parra were awesome stylistic match ups.

Has anyone seen his last fight? I'm watching it alter tonight I hope! After Pong v Naito 4,wqhich is getting rough and dirty,Pong SLAMMED Naito on to the mat!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Parra now fights as a Bantamweight. Which is a good thing for him cuz he needed to move up. There's no doubt his struggles to make weight cost him in his 3rd fight against Sakata.

Yeah I agree,the weight killed him but man Sakata was brutal,those bodyshots were hard! Has Parar fought there yet though? I heard he moved up after the 3rd fight with Sakata,yet I don't think he's fought yet? Or maybe once,untelevised? I can't remember!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow I don't get why these good Japanese fighters are not fighting in the main stream like in Vegas where they'll have a chance to get more exposures.

Do they make more money fighting in their homeland?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tend to agree with you Gamo, Sakata hasn't looked steller in his last couple of outings. I hope he gets matched against Naito or Donaire soon before he gets upset & looses the opportunity to to so.

I'm disappointed with both Parra & Vasquez... sure they lost but since then they have done sh*t all. I thought Vasquez would be a major player in the division, he had all the tools necessary IMO but without getting in the ring it's worthless!
    Last edited by Galaxy; 04-04-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree,the weight killed him but man Sakata was brutal,those bodyshots were hard! Has Parar fought there yet though? I heard he moved up after the 3rd fight with Sakata,yet I don't think he's fought yet? Or maybe once,untelevised? I can't remember!
    He fought once. Beating some bum. He needs to fight more often. Parra is an outstanding fighter. But he needs to be active.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Somehow I don't get why these good Japanese fighters are not fighting in the main stream like in Vegas where they'll have a chance to get more exposures.

More $$$ in their backyards plus US fans don't really crave the smaller guys.They are under rated,not just in the US but actually the world of boxing.118 and below is more exciting than anything else generally but because they are so small,people tend to overlook them,sothere is no reason for them to fly to alien contries where no-one pays them any attention.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

More $$$ in their backyards plus US fans don't really crave the smaller guys.They are under rated,not just in the US but actually the world of boxing.118 and below is more exciting than anything else generally but because they are so small,people tend to overlook them,sothere is no reason for them to fly to alien contries where no-one pays them any attention.
    If the top fights are made people will watch!

I remember waiting for Lopez/ Alvarez 3 that never happened, Calderon never fought Niida or Kyowa, Darchinyan/ Arce at 112, Rafa/ Gonzalez. There are many more that could have been made & would have given great exposure to the lighter divisions but for some reason the best fights don't always get made in the lighter weights...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Koki Kameda is his mandatory too. I can't see Sakata wining this. Kameda is looking better all the time right now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Koki Kameda is his mandatory too. I can't see Sakata wining this. Kameda is looking better all the time right now.
    Kameda would whip his ass. He's the future of that division.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD speaketh the truth!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD speaketh the truth!
    VD always speaks the truth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to disagree to an extent Galzaxy,we see plenty of top fghts and although you are correct in that not all the top fights get made,that's because it's near impossible. Gonzalez for example,facd Penelosa,Montiel,Vazquez,these guys need breathers too lol!

VD,Kameda would be favourite but if Sakata has enough left in the tank,I think he can beat him. Parra was a better boxer than Kameda and although he beat Sakta twice,they were dam close fights.

Thread Information