Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    surely they can get him a half decent stand in in the next month

surely someone half decent would be willing to fight for a worldy at a months notice
    They probably could get someone half decent, but in reality, they probably don't want to.
    Both Warren and Saunders have got previous when it comes to this . He wants an easy fight and maybe (and I'm not even certain he wants it) a cash out fight against GGG.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Khurtszides - 8/7/17 BT/Boxnation

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

surely someone half decent would be willing to fight for a worldy at a months notice
    They probably could get someone half decent, but in reality, they probably don't want to.
    Both Warren and Saunders have got previous when it comes to this . He wants an easy fight and maybe (and I'm not even certain he wants it) a cash out fight against GGG.
    We'll get our answer. Jacobs has let them know he is prepared to step in. I doubt BJS is about that action.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

We'll get our answer. Jacobs has let them know he is prepared to step in. I doubt BJS is about that action.
    Agree. That simply won't happen. Props to Jacobs though. I believe his performance against GGG might work against him.
    I actually thought he won the fight and now he's gonna be the man they all avoid simply on a risk/reward basis.
    This is where boxing needs to get its act together.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree. That simply won't happen. Props to Jacobs though. I believe his performance against GGG might work against him.
    I actually thought he won the fight and now he's gonna be the man they all avoid simply on a risk/reward basis.
    This is where boxing needs to get its act together.
    Or Jacob's will sit on his hands and just bask in the glory of his defeat believing he is worth millions and not start again to prove himself.
    Last edited by Master; 06-12-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever Jacobs said, to think he would possibly "step in" is just not reality. Jacobs purse alone would cover about 5 Warren shows altogether. It would be a massive promoted fight in a big venue if he came to Britain for Saunders, not a "little" gaff like the Copperbox. Look at the promotion Davis got for his fight with Walsh over here, two relative no-names compared to Jacobs and BJS.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These divs that post youtube videos are beyond thick. Jacobs tweets "lets go Billy Joe" which means Saunders is ducking him. Is Jacobs gonna take the same purse as KHURTSIDZE? The little hitman would have been getting a low 6-figure purse at best.

These naive dopes think Jacobs, a geezer that steps in the ring once in a bluemoon, is all of a sudden going to hop on a plane and challenge a top 5 rated middleweight at a few weeks notice for 10% of his last purse and 35% of what he got against Sergio Mora. Get real for fucks sake, it's not that hard to work out, surely?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster quick to line up the excuses. It's Jacobs fault when BJS fights another joke fight 😂

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster would have you believe Jacobs isn't serious. So I will post an article that show Jacobs chattering about wanting BJS in UK as far back as May 12th

Fenster would also have you believe Jacobs doesn't understand what stepping in means, or how little money there is available. But this article also shows Jacobs has the same manager as Khurtsiditz(so?) so he is well aware of the money.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-id...ons-me--116505

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say I'm somewhere in between @Fenster & @Ron Swanson here.
    Let's be honest, Fenny's probably right, when it comes down to it, Jacobs wouldn't fight for the measly sum he's likely to get. He wouldn't be worried about BJS or coming here, but he ain't doing it for peanuts in reality.
    At the same time , 2 things Spring to mind.
    1. It's not Jacobs fault that Warren hasn't got the clout to pay both fighters enough to make it doable.
    2. I don't want to hear Warren or BJS talk about "wanting the big fights" or "I'll fight anyone!" Bollocks.
    We all know BJS would only fight bums unless he could cash out if he had his way. Even Khurtsidze was a mandatory, he had no choice.
    And if a fight comes along he's not interested in, or he can't be bothered to make the weight, he'll cry off with a hand injury caused by Wanking!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all are acting like you don't understand the business. I say acting because I assume you know better.

Jacobs wants the money from a GGG rematch. Or even more he would love Canelo to win IF JACOBS HAS THAT BELT. If he doesn't GGG has already said he isn't looking at Jacobs and Canelo surely wouldn't be.

It isn't about what he would get paid fighting BJS, it would be about his earning potential skyrocketing by being "the other champion", the ONLY other champion. He would go from nobody looking at him to the best paydays being forced to look at him.

Nobody can blame BJS for sitting back waiting on his payday against the Canelo winner. But to ACT as if Jacobs wouldn't be interested in being in BJS spot is ignorant/naive or dishonest.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all are acting like you don't understand the business. I say acting because I assume you know better.

Jacobs wants the money from a GGG rematch. Or even more he would love Canelo to win IF JACOBS HAS THAT BELT. If he doesn't GGG has already said he isn't looking at Jacobs and Canelo surely wouldn't be.

It isn't about what he would get paid fighting BJS, it would be about his earning potential skyrocketing by being "the other champion", the ONLY other champion. He would go from nobody looking at him to the best paydays being forced to look at him.

Nobody can blame BJS for sitting back waiting on his payday against the Canelo winner. But to ACT as if Jacobs wouldn't be interested in being in BJS spot is ignorant/naive or dishonest.
    uhm, not really. Yes he would want BJS's belt, but at what price. For example,
    1. would Jacobs , as the challenger accept a purse to fight BJS of say , 10% - 20% of what he earnt in his
    Last fight?
    2. Would BJS Want the high risk / low reward (compared to GGG or Canelo) fight? No.
    3. Let's say BJS offered the fight, Jacobs took the fight, and won. And GGG Beats Canelo. GGG has already shown disinterest in the rematch, say he finally moves up in weight? Who does he fight? Canelo? Ok, say Canelo beats GGG, does he want Jacobs? Doubt it, ODLH is the US Version of Warren, give him some easy fights , marinate, keep winning,keep talking shit. So Jacobs would've sacrificed himself financially for nothing.
    4. Ok we've already talked about the small purse, now Jacobs wouldn't worry about coming over here, but what if he got a dodgy hometown decision? Nothing is certain in life.
    Jacobs would beat BJS, no doubt. But it's not that simple , and you know that. If you don't , are YOU "ignorant, naive and dishonest " ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm saying the timeframe isn't logical not that Jacobs doesn't want to fight. Of course a win would benefit him.

However, keep living in cloud cukoo land if you think fighters, promoters, managers, TV networks, sponsors etc will ever take a massive hit in their fat pockets over what's the good/right thing to do (ha,ha, ha ha, ha ha ha ha).

As you've got caught up on Jacobs not being serious, which isn't the main point at all, focus on Billy Joe's side of the argument. So here goes - why would Billy Joe fight Jacobs for the same money he's getting for the little hitman?

The harder the fight the more money you get. Simple. So now the promotor needs more money to pay Saunders too.... fuck this, I can't be bothered to carry on, this is so basic common sense if you can't get it there's nothing I can say, as if I give a fuck anyway

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, you lay blame in the wrong spot.

I already said it is understandable Saunders wouldn't want the fight. He's waiting on a payday. Don't distract the conversation from the falsehood that you already stated.

You said Jacobs would not take the short money.

This suggest that either
    1)he didn't know what Khurtsidze was getting, which is preposterous because they have the same manager

Or

2)Jacobs doesn't know what "step in" means. Which is equally preposterous. He didn't say he is willing to negotiate. He didn't say "if we can reach terms" he said he was willing to "step in"

If Saunders would want more money that is his business. You said Jacobs wasn't really interested.

Jacobs, who wants a GGG rematch, which GGG has already said he is not looking at. The ONLY way he gets it is if he has that belt. And keep in mind Jacobs has reached out to Lemieux who has also said he is not interested. Nobody wants to fight Jacobs. I don't blame them. But to shift who is to blame by suggesting it is Jacobs is just flat BS.

And here we have Warren saying it won't be Jacobs. No surprise. No problem. But don't lie and say it is because of Jacobs. You'll notice Warren gives new reason what so ever. He doesn't say Jacobs wants too much money because then he will be stuck when Jacobs calls him on it.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ight-september
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-15-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Thread Information