Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jean Pascal v Badou Jack

Jean Pascal to Defend WBA Light Heavyweight Title in Biggest Boxing Event out of Atlanta in two Decades

Two-time World Champion, Jean Pascal, will take on Badou Jack in the special holiday co-feature bout headlined by Gervonta Davis.

WBA Light Heavyweight Champion, Jean Pascal, is scheduled to make his first title defense against former two-division champion, Badou Jack, on Saturday, December 28, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia live on SHOWTIME from the award-winning State Farm Arena in a Premier Boxing Champions event. The telecast begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and is headlined by boxing's hottest attraction Gervonta "Tank" Davis as he takes on former unified world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa for the WBA Lightweight Title.

Pascal's (34-6-1, 20 KO) latest performance on August 3rd at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, New York stunned fans around the world with his upset victory against then-undefeated Marcus Browne (23-1, 16 KO). Pascal would thrice floor Browne to become a two-time world champion. The victory came a decade after the 37-year-old Haitian-Canadian picked up his first title in 2009 with the WBC, IBO, The Ring and lineal light-heavyweight titles.

"This summer, America witnessed my skills in the ring once again, with my victory over Browne. People underestimated me thinking I didn't have enough gas left in the tank. It was on me to prove them wrong, and I did just that. Hate it or love it, I always give the fans an exciting show. Jack is a tough opponent, but I'm ready for him," said Pascal.

The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® event marks the first time Atlanta will host a world title fight since 1998 when Evander Holyfield beat Vaughn Bean at the Georgia Dome. Notoriously, Muhammad Ali's comeback fight after years of being barred over his refusal to be drafted during the Vietnam War also took place in Atlanta.

"We have a great card prepared for you. We're thrilled to have put together a boxing event of this caliber in the city of Atlanta, it's long overdue. Expect to see explosive performances from all the fighters. You don't want to miss this," said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO, Mayweather Promotions.

Pascal has faced some of the industry's most notable boxers including Carl Froch, Adrian Diaconu, Chad Dawson, Bernard Hopkins, Lucian Bute, Sergey Kovalev, Eleider Álvarez, and Dmitry Bivol. The orthodox fighter represented Canada as a middleweight at the 2004 Olympics in Athens and won the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester in 2002.

"Jean is in great shape, his technique is exceptional and his mindset is strong. We've been studying and perfecting his skill all throughout training camp. I have no doubt he will give an excellent performance against Jack," said Stéphan Larouche, Pascal's trainer.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jean-...133200366.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jean Pascal v Badou Jack

Should be a fun scrap. Didn't realize they were the same age. Have to wonder how that hatchet wound of a cut has healed for Jack. Pascal has had a nice little turn around post Kovalev. I think he can pull the win here. Really like when late December has some cards as some years gone by it just seems to dry up.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Badou Jack dismisses negativity ahead of first fight since gruesome cut

Badou Jack has been one of the best fighters of his era, an entertaining and competitive fighter who has held world titles in two weight classes and on Saturday in Atlanta, will look to become a two-time light heavyweight champion when he meets Jean Pascal in a bout on Showtime.

As good as he is as a fighter, he’s even better as a man. His charitable works are extensive and you’d struggle to meet someone to say so much as a cross word about him.

But despite that, Jack may well be best known for the picture that emerged of his face following his unanimous decision loss to Marcus Browne in January. Speaking of the man Jack is, he had dedicated that bout to refugee children around the world.

Jack suffered a gash on his forehead after a clash of heads with Browne that left a wound that looked like a lightning bolt. It bled relentlessly and combined with his sweat, made him look like the legendary former wrestler Abdullah the Butcher used to appear following many of his matches.

He tweeted a close-up photo of the wound, which looked wide enough and deep enough to hide a quarter in.

He isn’t sure how many stitches it took to close it, but he estimates it was 75 since there were 25 on the outside and he was told by his doctor it was repaired in three layers. The scar goes from nearly his hairline down to the top portion of his nose.

Jack will fight for the first time since that injury and shrugged off any negativity or concern.

“I don’t even think of it unless I’m asked about it,” Jack told Yahoo Sports. “I was cleared by my doctor in Vegas at the end of March, so I’ve been good for a while. To be honest, I think my scar is tougher than my regular skin, so if I’m going to get cut, it’s probably going to be someplace else.”

Jack, who said he is considering a move to cruiserweight next year, conceded he wasn’t at his best in his fight with Browne, but wasn’t about to heap too much praise on the 2012 U.S. Olympian.

Jack said he couldn’t see from the time of the cut on, but he still managed to make it to the finish line.

“Obviously, he won the fight,” Jack said. “But if you have a guy who is pouring blood all over his face and he can’t see ... it was like fighting a guy with only one hand. There’s not a lot of challenge in that. But he won and it is what it is, and that’s in the past. I put it behind me right away and I’m ready to move forward.”

Jack said he’d texted promoter Floyd Mayweather and told him he wanted to fight the winner of Browne against Pascal. Browne was a favorite, but Pascal dropped him three times and won a technical decision after eight rounds.

That win ended the notion that Pascal had come to the end of the line, and stands as one of 2019’s most significant upsets.

Jack said he’s prepared to once again hold a light heavyweight belt and isn’t expecting to donate another pint or so of his blood in the process.

“People may have written him off, but I’m too smart to do that,” Jack said. “I know he’s dangerous and he’s got a lot of experience. I just have to be myself, fight smart and take advantage of what I see. I believe in my skills and the last time out, it was just one of those nights that happen. I have respect for [Pascal] for the fighter he is and what he has done, but believe I’ll show myself in this fight.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bad...212955425.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good performance and win by Pascal puts him in the discussion for comeback of the year.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack always starts very slow and ends up having to pull something out. Maybe it is the weight with mention of CW, but he can be frustrating.

Good on Pascal though. He seemed to be done, but you wonder if he might even fancy going after Kovalev again.

Kov if he continues needs a tune up and Pascal likely thinks he can be taken out by now with the wear and tear. I would watch.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kov is toast. After that shameful display against Canelo he should hang up the gloves.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Kov is toast. After that shameful display against Canelo he should hang up the gloves.
    So you think Pascal beats him at this stage?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    No doubt. Pascal has shown to still have something left in him and able beat some pretty good fighters. I think that Kovalev is done.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    No doubt. Pascal has shown to still have something left in him and able beat some pretty good fighters. I think that Kovalev is done.
    I think Kovalev stilll beats him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pascal vs Canelo would actually be a fun fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think Kovalev stilll beats him.

The fight will depend on which Kovalev shows up. Although I think Pascal beats either one.

If Krusher shows up, after being conspicuously absent in the Canelo fight, Pascal still beats his ass.... as Kovalev is done.

If Bambi Kov shows up, like he did for Canelo.... Pascal will make short work of him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Pascal vs Canelo would actually be a fun fight.
    canelo would knock him out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I'd bet that way too, but Pascal would be throwing with a lot worse intent than Kovalev and he is dangerous when his back is against the wall. Canelo does have a great chin but we haven't seen him really have to prove it above 160, Pascal could make that interesting.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Yes I'd bet that way too, but Pascal would be throwing with a lot worse intent than Kovalev and he is dangerous when his back is against the wall. Canelo does have a great chin but we haven't seen him really have to prove it above 160, Pascal could make that interesting.
    pascals chin and heart would force his corner to save him from himself
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information