Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Johnson and Hunt? No more unelected PMs

Amazing that there is no Johnson and Hunt thread. Surely there needs to be a change in British politics to stop this happening again and again. I am not saying we need a Presidential system(bugger that) but if an elected party changes its leader it should be mandatory to call an election.

We are going to end up with a Prime Minister the electorate never voted for. It wasn't right when Brown was an unelected PM nor was it right to have May. Now we have the prospect of one of these two clowns taking the reins and smashing the UK economy, implementing demented policies without a mandate and making Great Britain into a laughing stock, just to save their own party and jobs.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Johnson and Hunt? No more unelected PMs

We do not vote for a Prime minister we vote for the political party or more correctly their MP standing in our constituency. I have no problem with the party changing their leader and not having a mandate. A general election will come in time for them but managing the country is more important in the short term.

I know the government will not call a general election now as they would be destroyed.

I would like a general election now to get Labour in and get this incompetent lot out but I do not think the Tories are obliged to call a general election now just as Brown was not and neither May. In fact calling a general election when May did was her downfall. She would have got her Brexit deal through if she did not call that general election.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you guys should elect your highest leader. You keep letting Netanyahu lead your country. Time for a change

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im clueless as to how your system works, but based on @Master s post we get the same deal in Canada. Can only vote for a local MP, regardless of who you want federally. I live in the riding of the sole Green party MP in the nation, and she has won by a landslide twice. Makes it pretty hard to be bothered.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Im clueless as to how your system works, but based on @Master s post we get the same deal in Canada. Can only vote for a local MP, regardless of who you want federally. I live in the riding of the sole Green party MP in the nation, and she has won by a landslide twice. Makes it pretty hard to be bothered.
    I have voted Green but my vote matters and I can not afford to waste it otherwise the Tories would win the seat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I have voted Green but my vote matters and I can not afford to waste it otherwise the Tories would win the seat.
    I think you should always be able to vote for someone who can realistically win, thats all. When a federal election comes down to what loser happens to run in your neighbourhood, it creates a big problem and discourages people from even partaking.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone knows who they don’t want.

But no one seem to know who they do want as PM....and I mean across the whole piece. Not just Johnson and Hunt.

I’m not political at all but are people tiring of traditional politicians.

Over the next few years some YouTube vlogger with millions of followers will no doubt stand and win by a landslide.......it WILL happen.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information