Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Roger Mayweather Incarcerated???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roger Mayweather Incarcerated???

Can somebody find out what happened to Uncle Roger? Lampley mentioned Roger being incarcerated for a Battery charge and not being available to train Floyd for the Baldomir fight, during the Interview with PBF after the Valuev match

Does anyone know the circumstances??

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Roger Mayweather Incarcerated???

I was going to post this the other day but I didn't cus I did not want people to think I was hating on the Mayweathers but here it goes..

Roger Mayweather Jailed For Felony
    Pound4Pound.com
    Written By William Trillo

Roger Mayweather, who was barred from training fighters in Nevada now finds himself barred from freedom all together in Nevada after being found guilty of battery with substantial bodily harm -- that's a felony folks!

No, this does not stem from the incident in the ring on April 8th, when an irate Roger charged into the ring to defend his nephew Floyd Jr. after he was hit with a blatant low blow by Zab Judah. For that transgression, Mayweather's license to work fights was revoked for at least one year by the Nevada Athletic Commission.

This stay in the Gray Bar Motel stems from an incident on July 17, 2005. During this felony attack Mayweather was involved with 3 woman, one of whom ended up with a couple of broken front teeth thanks to the "Black Mamba", that being the grandmother of his child!

Say what?

Okay, let me see if I can explain. According to police, Roger went to the apartment where Kimberly Pearson, 20, with whom he has a son lives with her mother, Laurelle Haskins, 45. For some yet to be explained reason Daddy Roger was upset about the presence of a third woman, Jennifer McDaniel, 30.

Grandma Haskins testified that while she was trying to remove Mayweather from the premises the exchange got a bit heated and when he pulled away she fell to the ground.

Both Haskins and McDaniels once again came to the defense of Pearson and began slapping Daddy Roger on the face and scratching him. Papa's response was to haul off and cold cock Granny in the chops, cutting her lip and busting the 2 lower front teeth in her mouth, broke 'em right in half.

Seems McDaniels was also punched, but she refused to press charges claiming she is afraid of Roger. No kidding!

Maywether was tried Sept. 11 before a jury that deliberated for less than one hour before convicting him. He has been held at Clark County Nevada Detention Center since he was sentenced Sept. 19 by Eighth District Judge Stewart Bell.

Mayweather is eligible for release March 19, 2007, pending a Tuesday hearing on a motion to reduce sentence.

And oh yeah, Roger could have more answers to provide by then. He still faces a Nov. 22 trial in Las Vegas stemming from a 2004 aggravated stalking charge.

Looks like the former champ may have some anger management issues that hopefully he will seek help for while he is spending his 6 months ( or more) in the hole. Floyd Jr., meanwhile, had hoped to have Roger train him up to the fight, then using other members of his team to work his corner. Now he won't have Roger around to help. What affect that will have on his Nov.4 fight with Carlos Baldomir remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight night results in felony
    Saturday, September 30, 2006
    By David Mayo
    The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- Two-time world boxing champion Roger Mayweather is serving a six-month sentence in Las Vegas for committing battery with substantial bodily harm against the grandmother of his infant son last year, court records show.

Mayweather, 45, has been held at Clark County (Nev.) Detention Center since he was sentenced Sept. 19 by Eighth District Judge Stewart Bell, according to records obtained Friday by The Press.

The Grand Rapids native was tried Sept. 11 before a jury that deliberated 57 minutes before convicting him.

The felony stems from a July 17, 2005, incident involving Mayweather and three Las Vegas women, one of whom ended up with her front teeth broken.

About 11 p.m., Mayweather went to the apartment where Kimberly Pearson, 20, with whom he has a son, lives with her mother, Laurelle Haskins, 45.

An argument ensued over the presence of a third woman, Jennifer McDaniel, 30.

Pearson testified she tried to remove Mayweather from the apartment as the exchange grew heated, but he broke away from her grasp, and she fell.

Haskins and McDaniel came to Pearson's defense and began slapping Mayweather, who was scratched on the left side of his chest.

Mayweather responded by punching Haskins in the mouth, cutting her upper lip and breaking her two upper front teeth in half.

The Las Vegas Metro Police arrest report indicated McDaniel also was punched, but refused to press charges, "because she is afraid of Mayweather."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Fight night results in felony
    Saturday, September 30, 2006
    By David Mayo
    The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- Two-time world boxing champion Roger Mayweather is serving a six-month sentence in Las Vegas for committing battery with substantial bodily harm against the grandmother of his infant son last year, court records show.

Mayweather, 45, has been held at Clark County (Nev.) Detention Center since he was sentenced Sept. 19 by Eighth District Judge Stewart Bell, according to records obtained Friday by The Press.

The Grand Rapids native was tried Sept. 11 before a jury that deliberated 57 minutes before convicting him.

The felony stems from a July 17, 2005, incident involving Mayweather and three Las Vegas women, one of whom ended up with her front teeth broken.

About 11 p.m., Mayweather went to the apartment where Kimberly Pearson, 20, with whom he has a son, lives with her mother, Laurelle Haskins, 45.

An argument ensued over the presence of a third woman, Jennifer McDaniel, 30.

Pearson testified she tried to remove Mayweather from the apartment as the exchange grew heated, but he broke away from her grasp, and she fell.

Haskins and McDaniel came to Pearson's defense and began slapping Mayweather, who was scratched on the left side of his chest.

Mayweather responded by punching Haskins in the mouth, cutting her upper lip and breaking her two upper front teeth in half.

The Las Vegas Metro Police arrest report indicated McDaniel also was punched, but refused to press charges, "because she is afraid of Mayweather."
    That sux...I think Floyd will be fine he has a great team surrounding him and Floyd knows what he's doing...He is very Knowledgeable focused and disciplined...He is close to fighting shape all year round as well so its not like he needs someone to light a fire under his ass to get him going

OH and Ouma fan thats...Littering and Littering and....SMOKING THE REAFER!!!!...lol!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always wonder why people get so twisted when a fighter strikes back....I don't care if it's the Pope!!! You hit me with bad intentions and I'm going to do my best to KYTFO!!!! Friggin women think they can emasculate you whenever they feel like it....it does suck for PBF though...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Sr SHOULD step in and look out for PBF but he doesnt..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Floyd Sr SHOULD step in and look out for PBF but he doesnt..
    Sometimes Fathers and sons can't get along..they are so alike if they spend too much time together they will try to kill each other!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest iwas always scared that ROGER may be PBF's downfall. i mean ROGERS gotta be a crackhead literally ive seen him do interviews where he doesnt even remember who his nephew is. and the zab incident?? damn it i bet u he, uncle roger will be the cause of PBF's first loss just by doing some crackhead ghetto shiiiiiit like jumpin in the ring cuz hes mad about something the ref or PBF's opponent will do. i hope im wrong.

Thread Information