Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The German version of Arturo Gatti-Thomas Ulrich lost European LHW Title !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The German version of Arturo Gatti-Thomas Ulrich lost European LHW Title !!!

Former European Light Heavy Weight champion Thomas Ulrich lost his title against Yuri Barashian...

I call Ulrich the German Arturo Gatti because he is a big puncher, okay boxer,
    has a lot of heart and no defense at all...

The fight itself was a thriller...going back and fore with big punches and both boxer wobbled...at end of the 5th rnd it looked like Ulrich would go down or the ref stopping it.Ulrich was saved by the bell only to come back big in the 6th rnd having Barashian near a ko.But in the 7th rnd the southpaw Barashian finally found Ulrich Achilles heel and digged to the body knocking down 3 times,Ulrich safed himself to the bell.In the 8th rnd another bodyshot to the liver put Ulrich down the ref stopped it at that point...Great and entertaining fight from both boxer...

Barshain might become a name in the LHW division...good boxer...
    For Ulrich its more or less over with the career,which is sad I liked him alot...

Thomas Ulrich

Yuri Barashian

Boxing News -- Fightnews.com : EkpFlpAFEyWpPVeAKv

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The German version of Arturo Gatti-Thomas Ulrich lost European LHW Title !!!

I was watching this on SopCast...

What a fight it was... Thomas looked beat. Talk about chaging the outcome of a fight about 7 fucken times in a fight...

Sending some Rep. your way JohnnyBoy for always bringing up the latest in Euro/German boxing news...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The German version of Arturo Gatti-Thomas Ulrich lost European LHW Title !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK View Post
    I was watching this on SopCast...

What a fight it was... Thomas looked beat. Talk about chaging the outcome of a fight about 7 fucken times in a fight...

Sending some Rep. your way JohnnyBoy for always bringing up the latest in Euro/German boxing news...

Thanks Mick...and you know what ?!?...most Thomas Ulrich fights are that entertaining...his fights against Glen Johnson,Silvio Branco,Adamek,Rachid Kanfouah and now Barashian all great stuff...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Thanks Mick...and you know what ?!?...most Thomas Ulrich fights are that entertaining...his fights against Glen Johnson,Silvio Branco,Adamek,Rachid Kanfouah and now Barashian all great stuff...
    I've seen the Glen, Branco and Adamek fights...
    I thought Ulrich was gonna pull it off.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How gutted must Ulrich be?!?! This guy comes in at late notice and beats him. On the plus side, we can't let Germany dominate the European boxing scene, it already seems that most of European boxing outside of Britain seems to happen there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK View Post
    I've seen the Glen, Branco and Adamek fights...
    I thought Ulrich was gonna pull it off.
    I'm impressed...i didn't know you were so well informed...And I hoped that Ulrich would pull it of...

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    How gutted must Ulrich be?!?! This guy comes in at late notice and beats him. On the plus side, we can't let Germany dominate the European boxing scene, it already seems that most of European boxing outside of Britain seems to happen there.

Ahhh...you jealous Brit......
    BTW it was Braehmers opponent,who came on late notice,thats why Braehmer pulled out 2 days before the fight(coward )and because of that Ulrich vs Barashian was the main fight...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    I'm impressed...i didn't know you were so well informed...And I hoped that Ulrich would pull it of...

Ahhh...you jealous Brit......
    BTW it was Braehmers opponent,who came on late notice,thats why Braehmer pulled out 2 days before the fight(coward )and because of that Ulrich vs Barashian was the main fight...
    Sorry bro, my bad. As usual, I wade in without checking the whole facts. TBH with you, it's probably beneficial to have the best of the Germans and Eastern Europe all fighting in two or three big stables over there....helps to make things simple and better profile for us foreigners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Fans in the with 3.500 spectators sold out Sporthalle Brandberge saw a thrilling fight in the main event of this „Universum Champions Night“ in Halle / Saale. Universum fighter Thomas Ulrich and Yuri Barashian battled eachother in a light heavyweight bout.

The Ukranian mandatory challenger Yuri Barashian was keeping Ulrich busy from the beginning and presented homself and a very tough opponent. HIs left hand was his strongest weapon and found its to Ulrich head continiously. In the six and seventh round Ulrich showed his fighting spirit and was trying to get back into the fight but he had to take three hard body shots by Barashian and was counted by the referee three times. Another body was then the end for Ulrich in round eight. Therefore the newly crowned Europenan Champion at light heavyweight is Yuri Barashian.

The rest here: Hard fight for Thomas Ulrich but tough challenger Yuri Barashian now European Champion: Boxing.de

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WATCH THIS...

These are the in between rnds replays I think...and the last rnd(8th !!!)...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogeEOW0sVVE

Hidden Content

Thread Information