Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilder vs Arreola. How does this go?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder vs Arreola. How does this go?

Deontay Wilder ✔ @BronzeBomber

@oscardelahoya @GoldenBoyboxing @shosports MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!! Aerrola scared of me tho he's already trying to run
    11:53 PM - 7 Sep 2013

(As tweeted by Wilder)
    Okay, I'm not sure what to think of Wilder yet because he just hasn't gotten the rounds in yet. But I do appreciate him pushing for this fight. Arreola is clearly world class so there really isn't a legitimate gripe to harp on with this fight. I personally think this fight will give Wilder rounds and show him and us if he has what it takes to be a heavyweight champion at some point. A lot questions should be answered with this fight as I expect Arreola to be well trained, aggressive, and durable enough to make it a many rounds fight. How do you see this fight going and ending? Even though they compare quite differently from each other will Arreola give a rude awakening to a football player and basketball reject in back to back fights? Or will this fight give Wilder the credit needed to be taken as now a contender? Who wins and why?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs Arreola. How does this go?

great thread ! Wilder is hot stuff right now and has been slated to fight the winner of arreola v mitchell.. I would say Wilder is not close to being ready to face the arreola that showed up v mitchell.. Wilder has scary power so he could damage arreola but cris doesnt seem to be someone who is vulnerable to knock outs... so i could see mr arreola survivng a couple of good shots in the first two rounds and just wearing him down and koing him before the half way point of the fight.... Wilder should take few more fights to improve his skills before taking on arreola... because right now I think arreola owns him...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now, at this point, I think Arreola would take out Wilder inside 5 rds...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    great thread ! Wilder is hot stuff right now and has been slated to fight the winner of arreola v mitchell.. I would say Wilder is not close to being ready to face the arreola that showed up v mitchell.. Wilder has scary power so he could damage arreola but cris doesnt seem to be someone who is vulnerable to knock outs... so i could see mr arreola survivng a couple of good shots in the first two rounds and just wearing him down and koing him before the half way point of the fight.... Wilder should take few more fights to improve his skills before taking on arreola... because right now I think arreola owns him...
    This is the first fight, between US heavyweights, I am truly interested in seeing in some time. Arreola is as durable as I've seen, sucking up punishment like dry bread sucks up water. He might be world class but he is not at the highest level, in my opinion.
    Wilder has this monstrous right hand that seems to have goodnight written all over it, plus he is big with good reach, but that's about all we know about him. It's hard to get a good read on a boxer when his fights don't last longer than three rounds.
    I'm hoping Arreola will give Wilder a good fight and maybe make him struggle a little. I have high hopes for Wilder so I really don't want Arreola to beat the shit out of him or KO him. I don't believe Arreola will ever hold one of the big belts as long as the Klits are around, but Wilder is this mystery that might be able to get the job done. Hey, it's possible, isn't it?
    Hell, everybody knows that heavyweight belt belongs in the USA! Just kidding, just kidding.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say, without any doubt, that Deontay will stop Arreola.

People will say resume this, soft opposition that, but I really believe Deontay has the goods and is going to steamroll Arreola (who I think a great deal of).

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my take on Arreola is he is DONE, stick a fork into that burrito. Wilder would smoke that fat pig in 4 rounds. And Wilder isnt so impressive. Thats the state of things guys.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After what he did to Mitchell this should be the next step up for Wilder and not Oldegg Maskaev.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that for real, Wilder is fighting Maskaev? I think he'd beat Arreola and he needs that type of fight, Maskaev is probably a step back from Liakovich, what a joke.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is the name they were throwing around after the White Poodle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd laugh if Maskaev pulls a Rahman type ko . Any evidence of the fight happening?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive seen Wilder fight at least twelve times and cannot recall him being hit clean by a guy with the bare minimum of 'up side' once...or go into a fifth round...the fifth round! To think he goes in and crushes Arreola is smoker talk. Wilder is the 500 dusty piece puzzle left on the spare room coffee table and constructed by bored house guest waiting for their ride. Arreola can do better as far as opponent with a pay off, I think.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hell arreola would be 25 n 0 with 25 kos to if he fought cabbies and geriatrics, I mean wilder might turn out to be the real deal but can't tell anything about the guy other than he has the power to blast out cabbies.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wilder has had loads of fights why does he need more before areola

wilder is about a foot taller and has all the physical advantages

lets see it now
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Solid fight...I think Arreola upsets the applecart because Deontay hasn't gotten ANY pushback, ANY! Arreola won't lie down, even if he gets blasted and knocked down he'll get up and fight back.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Areola is the last person I'd want across the ring when I realise I cant knock everyone over. Interesting fight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information