Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am up to here with Political correctness!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I am up to here with Political correctness!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    maybe we are all just animals and we cant cure any of this stuff. maybe it will be always in the eye of the beholder and nobody will ever agree. maybe human beings will never rise above butchering and hurting each other. maybe some things never change and there's nothing anybody's ever gonna do about it. maybe if something could have been done about it, it would have been done by now. maybe that means its a fucking lost cause, the planet will blow up, the sun will go supernova and we will all fry.
    I haven't had my tea can't it wait 😁 and Liverpool are playing tonight the Sun can go supernova at about 10 pm.😆

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe we are all just animals and we cant cure any of this stuff. maybe it will be always in the eye of the beholder and nobody will ever agree. maybe human beings will never rise above butchering and hurting each other. maybe some things never change and there's nothing anybody's ever gonna do about it. maybe if something could have been done about it, it would have been done by now. maybe that means its a fucking lost cause, the planet will blow up, the sun will go supernova and we will all fry.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We got a really great kick out of that one, good find there. It is so true. And it is so obvious. But then a whole school of Red Herrings shows up, swims by, and tries to change the topic to something else.

Great video. Should be required viewing by all on Earth.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Chapelle knocked it out the park with this one

Loved the last line after they fired Uncle Ben & Aunt J...he says send in the land o lakes lady

We got a really great kick out of that one, good find there. It is so true. And it is so obvious. But then a whole school of Red Herrings shows up, swims by, and tries to change the topic to something else.

Cracked up when he said do I know any minorities....no I don't but I feel confident speaking on their behalf!

Soldier in the confederate ice cream army, this dude cracked me up!

2pac spam

And the wheat thins..impossible for women to live up to, lets get some wheat thicks

I've listened to a few comedians that feel force to lecture audiences- which I dont like but understand. They are the final frontier. If we get offended by comedians, damn. No way could Richard Pryor had made it in this day and age.

No way Andrew Dice Clay could've made it in this culture of softies. I'd bet that if this scene were done to day, every liberal, gay gay-liberal advocacy group would call for apologies and lost of jobs...

Fuck them...this is one funny ass minute. The (I) & the (C) were funny. But the (D) & The (K)?? :c lap:

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Loved the last line after they fired Uncle Ben & Aunt J...he says send in the land o lakes lady

Cracked up when he said do I know any minorities....no I don't but I feel confident speaking on their behalf!

2pac spam

And the wheat thins..impossible for women to live up to, lets get some wheat thicks

I've listened to a few comedians that feel force to lecture audiences- which I dont like but understand. They are the final frontier. If we get offended by comedians, damn. No way could Richard Pryor had made it in this day and age.

No way Andrew Dice Clay could've made it in this culture of softies. I'd bet that if this scene were done to day, every liberal, gay gay-liberal advocacy group would call for apologies and lost of jobs...

Fuck them...this is one funny ass minute. The (I) & the (C) were funny. But the (D) & The (K)?? :c lap:

I first looked at the "I" and the "k" as the funniest but now I'm not sure 🤣

Yes that is funny as hell and no way would that go over nowadays. Laughter is one of the best medicines and I feel like they have taken that away from us now. Let's be honest everything is too serious now and people are afraid to laugh and talk.

Glad to see those clips that is really funny bro. The other night I saw clips from blazing saddles, damn some of that shit is funnier than hell! "dock that Ch_ _ _ a day's pay for sleeping on the job."

After the poor bastard passed out in the hot sun.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2pac spam

I first looked at the "I" and the "k" as the funniest but now I'm not sure 🤣

Yes that is funny as hell and no way would that go over nowadays. Laughter is one of the best medicines and I feel like they have taken that away from us now. Let's be honest everything is too serious now and people are afraid to laugh and talk.

Glad to see those clips that is really funny bro. The other night I saw clips from blazing saddles, damn some of that shit is funnier than hell! "dock that Ch_ _ _ a day's pay for sleeping on the job."

After the poor bastard passed out in the hot sun.
    That D dude or dudette was limber as a mofo!!!

Oh, man what a job this era is doing on us. Democratic voters overall have become total appeasers. Disgusts me everytime I hear someone has to apologize for calling a gay a candypants or one who prefers their miniwheats on the frosted side or...ok well thats what I call them

Last month I heard Wanda Sykes go off on someone for making a gay joke, the nerve man. She is a comedian. Now she is a lesbian advocate 1st I guess, really makes it hard for me to wanna watch her again.

I still dont understand why Papa John had to leave his position.
    But for comedians, I have listened to Chappelle and Deon Cole to name a few stating they now get reactions from audiences on gay/lesbian jokes. Wow, so they can say nigguh this bitch that- but easy on the homsexual jokes.
    Decades of rap music denigrating black women, yet the powerful advocacy groups for lesbians & homosexuals in USA had nothing to say.
    Nothing when Snoop wrote the hit song it aint no fun if my homie can't have none.
    Or Bitches aint shit but hoes & tricks.

Now we got to rid ourselves of native American mascots, Uncle Ben rice & Aunt Jemima...who the frig' thought these are worthwhile causes?

Dice on Hitler coming back as a midget! GOD's gonna give him a Tonka Toy body with a snap on 78 pound head and arms too short to jack his self off, now thats a fuckin punishment!

Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-06-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've thought about yesterday's comedians a lot too. You're right... a lot of them wouldn't be allowed to exist in today's hypersensitive world.

You see, here's the thing... and I'll keep harping on this.

We humans should be capable enough to discern between good ol' fashioned fun, and purposely offensive acts and words.

We've lost the capability to laugh at ourselves, probably driving the comedians of the past into the dustbins of history.

Comedians of the past used to begin with making fun of themselves... before making fun of everybody else. And their audiences were as diverse as could be. ALL kinds of people in the audiences.

That's all in the past now.

The pendulum has swung so far to the left, that people find themselves literally having to walk on EGGSHELLS so as to not incur in one of the great social sins of today.

Meanwhile... the evil of racism persists.

For the umpteenth time... WTF good is it to force name brand changes on 100 year-old products... while out in the real world many of the REAL racist practices and attitudes persist??

People have lost their common sense, and their ability to differentiate between what is meaningful and productive..... and what is token and superficial.

Put a Band-Aid on it, and let's keep moving. Nothing to see here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​“if anybody here feels offended by any of my jokes, feel free to tweet your outrage on your mobile phone made by children in African mines and Chinese factories”
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this thread is making me feel like we are in a Room Full Of Mirrors and Trap Doors and Overly-Complex Interconnected Confusion where nothing really means what it just used to mean a few short years ago but then again, things still mean what they've always meant; as mentioned above, somehow the band-aids have become the "cures" and the real cures have become too obscured by narratives, alternative facts and agendas and just people I think becoming lazy and numb (not saying that about any of us). I dont see any end in sight. How far it goes remains to be seen. They say history repeats itself, so somehow it all comes back around again? Ya got me.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The P.C. Brigade can fuck right off as far as I am concerned.
    They are totally irrelevant to my life.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I wish I could say the same. repeating myself, but when comedians I like- who typically vote democrat are worried their jokes have to be vetted, wow!

They got the power to force apologies on gay jokes, don't want Christ in any discussion, don't want products with old time names like Uncle Ben...but they are ok with a gay rapper promoting homosexuality and lap dancing for the devil- to our youth.

Let's see I can say nigguh, black bitch, but I can't say candypants girly man, cause its offensive to gays.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I wish I could say the same. repeating myself, but when comedians I like- who typically vote democrat are worried their jokes have to be vetted, wow!

They got the power to force apologies on gay jokes, don't want Christ in any discussion, don't want products with old time names like Uncle Ben...but they are ok with a gay rapper promoting homosexuality and lap dancing for the devil- to our youth.

Let's see I can say nigguh, black bitch, but I can't say candypants girly man, cause its offensive to gays.
    YOU can say it, B, but if I say it, then what? Everything is so messed up now, its unnatural. PC is destroying the human spirit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump.

I imagine this is a good thread to put this in...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...05ce3f1aa9919a

"Baseball team refuses to change controversial name"

Recently, several sports teams across the nation that were previously named after indigenous groups have changed their name and branding, including the Washington Redskins changing to the Washington Commanders and the Cleveland Indians changing to the Cleveland Guardians. But the Indianapolis Indians of minor league baseball won’t be changing their name.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Indianapolis Indians announced that they will be keeping the name they’ve had since 1902 and have entered a partnership with the Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana, who encouraged them to keep the name.

“We are grateful to the Indianapolis Indians for the opportunity to share our story with Hoosiers throughout central Indiana,” Brian Buchanan, Chief of the Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana, said in the announcement. “When the history of Indiana is studied, the major influence of Native American people is seen in the names of Indiana cities, state parks, rivers, food, celebrations and other cultural points of interest. We have encouraged the team to remain the Indianapolis Indians.”

The team said that the new partnership will include a land acknowledgment, recognition of Miami veterans during Native American Heritage Night at the team’s stadium, support of the Miami scholarship program, and fan educational opportunities.

Oh-oh... There's gonna be trouble.

I can almost hear the PC brigade marching down the streets of Indianapolis in angry indignation. Didn't Indianapolis get the memo?? Although to be quite honest... I'm shocked that the Atlanta Braves (Major League Baseball), Kansas City Chiefs (National Football League), and Chicago Blackhawks (National Hockey League) have yet to feel the wrath of the PC Gestapo.

So the Indianapolis Indians had better get with the program. Except, wait... Where the hell did the State of Indiana get its name?

Damn. It's pretty clear its origin has to do with the American Indians whose lands were taken by the settlers. Oh shit. It's only a matter of time before the PC Brigade turns its attention to the name of the actual State.

But hey... I'm on it.

TitoFan is nothing if not prepared.

So for all you PC-conscious people out there who are offended by the name of the State of Indiana, I give you...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some observations on political correctness in between fights tonight.

Scrolling up this page the things that seem to have people upset are things the government has no control over at all. They're not part of the political ideology of any party. Brands don't change their name or logo or image or whatever due to the government telling them what to do, media companies aren't being told what and what not to broadcast by the government. This stuff is all coming from the public and businesses are responding in the way that will least damage their future profits. On one hand if they bow to the wishes of the woke mob then there's going to be some kind of conservative backlash against them. These days they seem to be siding with the lefty liberal people. Businesses constantly poll and focus group the public to find out what they're thinking about their business. It's hugely important to them. If you're the CEO of a corporation you can technically be sent to prison for not maximising current profits as much as you can or for ignoring future threats to profit making. You can guarantee that any kind of culture war issue that may collide with a particular business/corporation has been extensively, extensively polled, focus grouped and wargamed by that company and they have plans in place to deal with it. In a lot of cases that will mean changing things before they even become an issue. Is the black lady on the syrup bottle in this thread? There's one example.

What does this tell you? It tells us that lefty liberal views have tremendous cultural power these days. Let me tell you why. Corporations/businesses and their advertisers in general (unless you're selling old people shit like stairlifts or whatever) target the under thirty five demographic. Their phone/internet data is far more commercially valuable than middle aged/old people and costs correspondingly more money for advertisers to buy. The reason is middle aged/old people are set in their ways. They have their brands that they like and they buy those brands. Advertising new brands bounces off them to a large extent. Young people are gettable for advertisers so that's who they target their adverts at. They're willing to try new brands, products and services and so on. And if you get them at a young age the chances are you'll have a loyal customer for decades. Meanwhile the old fuckers who may be outraged that you took the old lady off the syrup bottle are going to die soon anyway. So this amplifies young peoples' cultural power. And it leaves half the country who don't like this shit feeling marginalised, feeling like their country is being taken away from them. And of course you have the shower of shit in conservative media amplifying this and creating a daily ocean of bullshit and scaremongering about it because it makes them (collectively) billions of dollars.

Look at this fucker:

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/da...ng-50-million/

A million dollars a month to some fucker I've never heard of to do a radio show. There are hundreds of these fuckers in America. This appears to be a deal at or near the very top end of the market. There are hundreds of guys with small time shows out there wanting to be the next guy making a million a month. How do you get there? Amp up the outrage. Anything and everything gets turned into a culture war issue and to hell with the facts. Train crashes, spy balloons, you name it. So on one side of the culture war you have left liberal power outsize to their numbers and on the other you have these grifting bullshitting motherfuckers who will happily risk the end of democracy in America with their lies if it makes them money:

Today in Trump (saddoboxing.com)

Again these right wing people are assailing the government about all this politically enforced control of comedians making jokes, Doctor Seuss books, long grain rice or whatever. But there is now an outbreak of actual political correctness now in America if you define pc as a political party or movement enforcing their ideology on the public. And the call is coming from inside the house. Book banning, monitoring the menstrual cycles of schoolgirls and telling private businesses what their hiring policies should be are some of the highlights. The centrepiece is an all out war on education, because it's the woke schools and universities that are brainwashing kids today and turning them all into lockstep lefties.

An example:

House Bill 999, introduced on Tuesday by Rep. Alex Andrade (R-Pensacola), proposes to give boards of trustees nearly unanimous power over state university faculty hiring, allow professors’ tenure to be reevaluated “at any time,” remove critical race theory and gender studies from college curricula, and bar spending on diversity, equity and inclusion programs.
    The bill also digs in on DeSantis’ obsession with shutting down any educational instruction on race and systemic racism, stating that general education courses must not “suppress or distort” historical events, reference identity politics like critical race theory, or define U.S. history in ways that contradict “universal principles stated in the Declaration of Independence.” Instead, the courses must “promote the philosophical underpinnings of Western civilization and include studies of this nation’s historical documents, including the United States Constitution, the Bill of Rights and subsequent amendments thereto, and the Federalist Papers.”

[...]

But experts say that the scope of this latest bill stretches farther than his past assaults on the education system.
    “We’ve seen educational censorship legislation in Florida and other states in the last couple of years, mostly aimed at classroom instruction,” Jeremy C. Young, senior manager of Free Expression and Education at PEN America, told TPM. “This bill goes far beyond that to censor entire university administrations. It’s basically a massive power grab by the governor and his fleet of political appointees.”
    Decisions that are typically made with university presidents and boards of trustees in cooperation with faculty and staff – like setting up core curricula and deciding which departments should close, would be handed exclusively over to the board – members of which are appointed by the governor.
    What Daniel Gordon, a historian at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and author on academic freedom , finds “particularly striking” about the bill is that it doesn’t require trustees to consult university faculty before hiring new professors. “This contradicts a principle, well established by the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), that [sic] professors in a given discipline have the expertise needed to select a new faculty member in the discipline,” he told TPM. “Math professors are the people best equipped to assess applications for a professorship in math!”
    Experts also argue that the bill imperils academic freedom on college campuses, a principle DeSantis himself has claimed to support.
    “It proposes a political litmus test for what can be taught in the classroom,” said Stanley Fish, a law professor at Florida International University and author of “Versions of Academic Freedom: From Professionalism to Revolution,” “whereas the essence of academic freedom is the freedom of teachers and researchers to pursue the academic task with whatever resources that they think will be helpful.”

Teachers are now being threatened with being charged with a felony if they have a verboten book on the shelf of their classroom library. I am not kidding:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...use-bill-1467/

I'm guessing that would be the end of your teaching career. So this is basically government appointees telling you what you can and can't teach.

And this shit is spreading throughout the country:

https://twitter.com/JeffSharlet/stat...05536129404928

How well do we think this is is going to go in changing students' attitudes and making them less lefty liberal?

Main event coming up. Back to this later.

Thread Information