Thread: If Floyd never fights Manny...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Floyd never fights Manny...

Floyd might very well be ducking Manny, it's a boxing travesty this fight is not being made. (It should've happened years ago) Whatever faults Floyd might have, he's not completely out of his mind by even thinking for a micro second about GGG. Golovkin is a monster who should be avoided by all even in his own division!!! Cotto and Canelo must be on GGG's radar, i wonder if GGG is on theirs? Floyd isn't even thinking about it. IMO it's Manny or bust for Floyd. It's insane this fight is not happening.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Ur kidding, right? R u trolling tight now? Ur not that dumb, r u? The guy who is on here throwing a tantrum because people said they would like to see Floyd challenge himself and fight GGG is saying other people have hurt feelings? Look kid, we gave Floyd his due and laid out examples of other greats who challenged themselves. If u constantly push the envelope and fight the best u r going to lose. Happens to everyone. No one said Floyd was a bum or sucking anyone, just said that it was an intriguing fight to see. As Floyd's #1 fan u come out of left field like a scorned woman and start whining and crying all hysterical. Like Biggie said: "Get a grip..."

What u r saying, is that once a fighter reaches the P4P level, they should maintain their record and avoid historical fights that r dangerous. I try not insult people on here, but that is probably the dumbest thought I've read and u seem like a moron. Or a really good troll. If u r a troll, job well done.
    I'm not sure you know how to read. I never said any of the things you claim. Try looking over my post and sounding out the words. If you're having trouble understanding you could ask your mom or maybe your next door neighbour.

As for Biggie, that marble mouthed chunk of meatloaf sucked at life. Now he's dead.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 10-08-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At his age doesn't really matter anymore why move up when he still has guys he can make more money on as for Pac after he got killed by Jmm that fight doesn't make have chills anymore. Mayweather has fought for along time and i think he will actually be able to speak clearly and have money still.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    At his age doesn't really matter anymore why move up when he still has guys he can make more money on as for Pac after he got killed by Jmm that fight doesn't make have chills anymore. Mayweather has fought for along time and i think he will actually be able to speak clearly and have money still.

Thank you! Finally someone with a brain enters the discussion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

Half of what you write about Armstrong is parroting what other's have written on this forum which takes a very small brain to do. Mayweather would win plenty of 170 fights no doubt but there is no way he could go through that many fights and be in the kind of shape he exhibits today and remain undefeated on paper. He's already starting to sound more like pops even without the head shots. Try to imagine what stepping into to the ring with 20 or so amature swarmers with Chino's power would do. Let me help you out. He would avoid most of the punishment of a single fight but the accumulated blows is what does the damage. He doesn't get the 6 months rest between fights to prepare. as so on...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

Half of what you write about Armstrong is parroting what other's have written on this forum which takes a very small brain to do. Mayweather would win plenty of 170 fights no doubt but there is no way he could go through that many fights and be in the kind of shape he exhibits today and remain undefeated on paper. He's already starting to sound more like pops even without the head shots. Try to imagine what stepping into to the ring with 20 or so amature swarmers with Chino's power would do. Let me help you out. He would avoid most of the punishment of a single fight but the accumulated blows is what does the damage. He doesn't get the 6 months rest between fights to prepare. as so on...
    You, like the other dummies that have responded so far have missed my point. Armstrong fought bums through out his entire career. If Floyd were fighting 160LB guys with terrible records like Armstrong did would you be praising him? No! You'd say he was crap cherry picking fighters with 12-5-4 records. Floyd doesn't have to fight 14 times a year because he's talented, skilled, determined & smart enough to market his career so that he's not only the best fighter at his weight class but also the highest paid athlete in the world.

You guys are all the same. You read my post and try to put words in my mouth. Let me help you out: You're a moron.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

You, like the other dummies that have responded so far have missed my point. Armstrong fought bums through out his entire career. If Floyd were fighting 160LB guys with terrible records like Armstrong did would you be praising him? No! You'd say he was crap cherry picking fighters with 12-5-4 records. Floyd doesn't have to fight 14 times a year because he's talented, skilled, determined & smart enough to market his career so that he's not only the best fighter at his weight class but also the highest paid athlete in the world.

You guys are all the same. You read my post and try to put words in my mouth. Let me help you out: You're a moron.
    Rocco, you are an idiot. No one is putting words in your mouth, you just say a ton of stupid things. It's also laughable and pathetic to create a persona who talks tough on the internet. Armstrong, JCC, Robinson...etc., do not get grief for fighting bums because they fought every month, used those bums as tune ups, and fought damn near every available big challenge they could. No one is giving Floyd grief, really. But if you proclaim yourself the best ever, have some accomplishments to back that up. JLC, Hatton, and Chico don't get you there. You can go back to playing world of Warcraft on your mommy's computer now...

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    ...Then I would like to see him fight GGG and then Andrade or Garcia.
    Who has GGG beat ?

GGG hasn't done enough to be considered a threat to Mayweather

GGG should go and fight Cotto.....see how ya get on.....or Canelo.....see how ya get on......or move up and fight Froch or Ward.....see how ya get on

Truth be told I think he loses to all of them but for me to take GGG seriously he needs to fight and DESTROY one of those guys for me to take him seriously because should he do that, then the whole boxing world would sit up and take notice.

Remember Mayweather started at super-feather, GGG is natural middleweight, FM is already whooping guys who are naturally bigger than him, maybe if GGG moved down to light middleweight ? All in all. I don't see FM having much trouble with GGG. He whoops that "Come forward. I'm gonna knock you out" style all day.

Andrade ? To be honest, he could be anything really but let him fight Maidana or Canelo before I take him seriously.

Danny Garcia ? He has no chance of beating Mayweather. Amir Khan would have had an easy UD against Garcia had Khan had a chin. I just don't see him causing Mayweather any problems what so ever

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The only two fighters I see who would have a shot at beating FM are

1) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    2) Andre Ward
    Last edited by denilson200; 10-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Who has GGG beat ?

GGG should go and fight Cotto.....see how ya get on.....or Canelo.....see how ya get on......or move up and fight Froch or Ward.....see how ya get on

Truth be told I think he loses to all of them but for me to take GGG seriously he needs to fight and DESTROY one of those guys for me to take him seriously because should he do that, then the whole boxing world would sit up and take notice.

Remember Mayweather started at super-feather, GGG is natural middleweight, FM is already whooping guys who are naturally bigger than him, maybe if GGG moved down to light middleweight ? All in all. I don't see FM having much trouble with GGG. He whoops that "Come forward. I'm gonna knock you out" style all day.

Andrade ? To be honest, he could be anything really but let him fight Maidana or Canelo before I take him seriously.

Danny Garcia ? He has no chance of beating Mayweather. Amir Khan would have had an easy UD against Garcia had Khan had a chin. I just don't see him causing Mayweather any problems what so ever

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The only two fighters I see who would have a shot at beating FM are

1) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    2) Andre Ward
    What Weights would either of these 2 fantasy fights be at ? Rigondeaux is 20lbs lighter and Ward is 20lbs Heavier!

in answer to the thread title, if Floyd never fights Manny........ it will be the single worst thing that has happened to Boxing in the last 15 years and had nothing but a negative effect. This is regardless of "who's fault it is".
    Frankly, although it doesn't have the quality it had 4 years ago, I still think it's the most intriguing and toughest fight out there for Floyd. I reckon that time has levelled things out a bit , but I still don't see Floyd losing.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Who has GGG beat ?

1) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    2) Andre Ward
    What Weights would either of these 2 fantasy fights be at ? Rigondeaux is 20lbs lighter and Ward is 20lbs Heavier!

in answer to the thread title, if Floyd never fights Manny........ it will be the single worst thing that has happened to Boxing in the last 15 years and had nothing but a negative effect. This is regardless of "who's fault it is".
    Frankly, although it doesn't have the quality it had 4 years ago, I still think it's the most intriguing and toughest fight out there for Floyd. I reckon that time has levelled things out a bit , but I still don't see Floyd losing.
    Yeah I know FM will never fight Rigo or Ward but I was talking in a P4P sense.

I do agree FM not fighting Pac-Man leaves a stain on both of their careers. I don't think it's so much that either fighter is scared of either one. I just think it's politics and even if they do fight, it'll be another Tyson Vs Holyfield or Tyson Vs Lewis, Calzaghe Vs Jones....many years too late.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @ruthless rocco - with all due respect, you're being a little harsh, my friend. I frankly disagree with you. Duran started his career at 130 and fought legitimately up to 168. Duran never claimed to be the best ever either. Floyd's line of clothing is TBE. Enough said. For boxing fans to want him to move up to 160 to fight the most-feared fighter at 160 is not too much to ask at all, especially when he claims he is the best ever and fans have to pay $75 to watch him fight. It actually is an entirely reasonable request.

Second, it's not as far as off as you make it out to be. GGG weighed in at 165 on his thirty day weigh in for his next fight. He has offered to come down to 154 or a catch weight between 154 and 160 for a fight with Floyd. Floyd is the current champion in the junior middleweight division, only one division below.

Ortiz weighed in the night of at 164 for his fight against Floyd. Canelo weighed in the night of at 165. They rumble at 157 or 160 and you would probably see a five pound difference in the night of weight of GGG compared with Ortiz or Canelo.
    I think the difference is that Duran ate his way up to those higher weights and fought there out of necessity when he got older.

In reality, Floyd is a small WW. And because I know people will disagree with that and quote heights and weights to me, let me explain: for most people this is obvious, but for those who might not know weight cutting has come a long way, and a guy who weighs 147 at the weigh in does not walk around at 147 and doesn't not fight at 147. A guy who fights at 147 will usually weigh 157 or more on fight day.

For reference, when Mayweather fought Sharmba Mitchell, Floyd was 147 at the weigh in and 148 on fight day. In contrast, Mitchell was 145 at the weigh in and 155 on fight night. Against Baldomir, Floyd was 146 weigh in, 149 fight night. Baldomir was 147 weigh in, 162 fight night. In the first Maidana fight, Mayweather was 146 weigh in and 148 on fight night. Maidana was 146 1/2 at weigh in and 165 on fight night. That's a nearly 20lb differential. Floyd's fight time weight of 146-151 is more comparable to the fight time weight of a junior WW or even a large LW.

So if Floyd is being outweighed by so much at WW, why do we expect him to go to 160 and fight an absolute killer, at 38 years old no less. A guy who's never entered a ring weighing more than 151lbs doesn't belong in a weigh class with guys who weigh in at 160 and come to the ring at 170 plus.

That aside, I don't even see why people feel the need for him to move up. It's not like he's cleared the division... the WW division is probably the hottest in boxing right now. There are a lot of young guys I'd love to see him fight. In fact, I'll go on record and say that I think Shawn Porter would beat the shit out of Floyd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Floyd might very well be ducking Manny, it's a boxing travesty this fight is not being made. (It should've happened years ago) Whatever faults Floyd might have, he's not completely out of his mind by even thinking for a micro second about GGG. Golovkin is a monster who should be avoided by all even in his own division!!! Cotto and Canelo must be on GGG's radar, i wonder if GGG is on theirs? Floyd isn't even thinking about it. IMO it's Manny or bust for Floyd. It's insane this fight is not happening.
    Yeah if Floyd goes up to MW, it'll be against Cotto to try to become the MW champ. There's no way he's going to fight GGG, it's a suicide mission.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Who has GGG beat ?

1) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    2) Andre Ward

Yeah I know FM will never fight Rigo or Ward but I was talking in a P4P sense.

I do agree FM not fighting Pac-Man leaves a stain on both of their careers. I don't think it's so much that either fighter is scared of either one. I just think it's politics and even if they do fight, it'll be another Tyson Vs Holyfield or Tyson Vs Lewis, Calzaghe Vs Jones....many years too late.
    in a P4P sense , both are worth mentioning, the problem is Ward is semi-retired and Rigondeaux , through no fault of his own needs some high profile contests, everyone avoids him. also , in the pro game , I think he's only had about 14 fights, but there's no denying his class. Having said all that, if Floyd retired today, I reckon I would probably agree that Rigo should be seen as no.1 P4P.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @ruthless rocco - with all due respect, you're being a little harsh, my friend. I frankly disagree with you. Duran started his career at 130 and fought legitimately up to 168. Duran never claimed to be the best ever either. Floyd's line of clothing is TBE. Enough said. For boxing fans to want him to move up to 160 to fight the most-feared fighter at 160 is not too much to ask at all, especially when he claims he is the best ever and fans have to pay $75 to watch him fight. It actually is an entirely reasonable request.

Second, it's not as far as off as you make it out to be. GGG weighed in at 165 on his thirty day weigh in for his next fight. He has offered to come down to 154 or a catch weight between 154 and 160 for a fight with Floyd. Floyd is the current champion in the junior middleweight division, only one division below.

Ortiz weighed in the night of at 164 for his fight against Floyd. Canelo weighed in the night of at 165. They rumble at 157 or 160 and you would probably see a five pound difference in the night of weight of GGG compared with Ortiz or Canelo.
    I think the difference is that Duran ate his way up to those higher weights and fought there out of necessity when he got older.

In reality, Floyd is a small WW. And because I know people will disagree with that and quote heights and weights to me, let me explain: for most people this is obvious, but for those who might not know weight cutting has come a long way, and a guy who weighs 147 at the weigh in does not walk around at 147 and doesn't not fight at 147. A guy who fights at 147 will usually weigh 157 or more on fight day.

For reference, when Mayweather fought Sharmba Mitchell, Floyd was 147 at the weigh in and 148 on fight day. In contrast, Mitchell was 145 at the weigh in and 155 on fight night. Against Baldomir, Floyd was 146 weigh in, 149 fight night. Baldomir was 147 weigh in, 162 fight night. In the first Maidana fight, Mayweather was 146 weigh in and 148 on fight night. Maidana was 146 1/2 at weigh in and 165 on fight night. That's a nearly 20lb differential. Floyd's fight time weight of 146-151 is more comparable to the fight time weight of a junior WW or even a large LW.

So if Floyd is being outweighed by so much at WW, why do we expect him to go to 160 and fight an absolute killer, at 38 years old no less. A guy who's never entered a ring weighing more than 151lbs doesn't belong in a weigh class with guys who weigh in at 160 and come to the ring at 170 plus.

That aside, I don't even see why people feel the need for him to move up. It's not like he's cleared the division... the WW division is probably the hottest in boxing right now. There are a lot of young guys I'd love to see him fight. In fact, I'll go on record and say that I think Shawn Porter would beat the shit out of Floyd.
    Again, it's nice to know there are some members of the forum that are able to be rational, logical, factual and passionate about boxing. These are all good points. I think people just want to see Floyd lose. That's why they're demanding he fight GGG or Ward... Who's next--Kovalev, Klitchko?!! These so called fans of boxing are just sore losers who are jealous of Floyd's position in boxing. They won't be happy until they see him KO'd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Rocco, you are an idiot. No one is putting words in your mouth, you just say a ton of stupid things. It's also laughable and pathetic to create a persona who talks tough on the internet. Armstrong, JCC, Robinson...etc., do not get grief for fighting bums because they fought every month, used those bums as tune ups, and fought damn near every available big challenge they could. No one is giving Floyd grief, really. But if you proclaim yourself the best ever, have some accomplishments to back that up. JLC, Hatton, and Chico don't get you there. You can go back to playing world of Warcraft on your mommy's computer now...
    Floyd is The Best Ever. The proof? He'll retire 50-0-0 with all his faculties, his health, his mind, rich as fuck, owning a promotional company that is a force in the sport. He will have changed the goals of other fighters to be their own promoters/managers--essentially putting the power into the hands of the athletes. They are the ones who are living and dying for your entertainment. He will have been the highest paid athlete in the world for 4 or 5 years straight, and this in an era where they say boxing is dying. And he'll have done it all his way. Not by following someone else's lead. He is responsible for his success. If you're able to wrap you stiff and tiny brain around this concept (I doubt you can) then you'll see that he is TBE. I beg for you to tell me will have done better with their entire career.

Thread Information