Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default All I can say is wow

I'll say this, recently some guy who I trained in kickboxing with and who had been a bouncer for years and studied I don't know how many different martial arts - started to show me some different techniques for street defense. The thing is, I've been hearing about what crazy S*** this guy can do for a long time, and finally a couple of weeks ago I told him hey I know I'm not ready for the next level but I want to try anyway. So he starts showing me few things, little techniques that allow you to get out of being choked by someone 5x your size, how to evade this how to evade that, using palm strikes, what little openings you can look for as opposed to just brawling your way to safety, instructing me to grow out my thumb nail a little bit for eye gouging ect ect. Just spending one hour with this guy I knew he's the real deal. My view of fighting in the street changed completely. This stuff is so effecient and works on anyone of any size. Immediately it sunk in - ok this isn't a complete secret but it's a rare opportunity to learn about how weak the human body is.

So I went to a club where he was working last weekend and met one of the guys who had been training him for a while. Older guy, about 55 with a little bit of a gut - ok i'll say it he looked out of shape. Well we're all sitting by the bar, talking and a fight breaks out. 50 people are in front of us trying to kill each other, so naturally me and my friend take a step back. No need to get yourself into unecessary trouble right? Well this older fella calmly walks into all this madness and does the craziest F****** thing I've ever seen in my life. One by one he grabs a finger from those who are trying to brawl and snaps it - and actually tells them to stop fighting. Then he goes to the next person and snaps their finger and says stop fighting. At the edge of all this chaos were atleast 10 ppl on the ground holding their fingers cause some old fart had snapped it in two.

It made me realize yeah learning how to be a devistating striker can keep you safe but there's another level out there that few people have the opportunity to reach because the instruction is so hard to find. All I can say is, wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All I can say is wow

Actually he mentioned the belly button press you talked about Heavy D, showed how to apply it with a takedown or standing - great move although I didn't like it too much when he used it on me. Sucks when they insist you should know what it feels like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A buddy of mine is a cop in Detroit. Cops know all kinds of crazy pressure point shit. the belly button, fish hooking behind and below the ears, under the jaw, pushing up on the chin, pressing upwards below the nose, etc. All of it acts to subdue a would-be assailant rather easily. You just have to have the poise to use it in the real situation, which is easier said than done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow....crazy crap there, but most impressive has to be the fact that you remembered the BBP.

And yeah, I agree with how most people have no idea what a real street fight can be like. My father in law to be was a bouncer most of his life. I honestly think I can take him in a rule-controlled match. He's a big guy, took karate most of his life, but he's gotten out of shape. But my girlfriend told me some of the shit she's seen him do (they live in a recently become gang infested area....its a tradegy whats happened to the town, but thats for a different time.)

Apparently, one time some guy tried to hold them up with a knife, so he gave the guy his wallet. As soon as he turned around, he picked up a rock and whipped it at the guys head. He then picked up another big rock and smashed his knife hand with it while he was still on the ground. (He had her run away while he did this...she ran into a store and watched from there)

That in addition to all sorts of similar finger breaking scenarios at bars and whatnot.

Kind of makes you realize just how hardcore a REAL fight can be, and how just knowing to box, or Judo, or BJJ really WON"T help you as much as you think against some of the crazy assholes out there.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't ever under estimate 55 yr old guys!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow....if i wouldve seen dat guy, I would have thought that I can take him....lol.....i wouldve get fuked up in so many different ways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is the bbp what its sounds like, jamming your figer in the persons belly button?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes, taking whatever finger (mainly the thumb) and trying to go through the belly button basically - alot of nerves are in that part of the body just waiting to be fucked with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D
    Wow....crazy crap there, but most impressive has to be the fact that you remembered the BBP.

And yeah, I agree with how most people have no idea what a real street fight can be like. My father in law to be was a bouncer most of his life. I honestly think I can take him in a rule-controlled match. He's a big guy, took karate most of his life, but he's gotten out of shape. But my girlfriend told me some of the S*** she's seen him do (they live in a recently become gang infested area....its a tradegy whats happened to the town, but thats for a different time.)

Apparently, one time some guy tried to hold them up with a knife, so he gave the guy his wallet. As soon as he turned around, he picked up a rock and whipped it at the guys head. He then picked up another big rock and smashed his knife hand with it while he was still on the ground. (He had her run away while he did this...she ran into a store and watched from there)

That in addition to all sorts of similar finger breaking scenarios at bars and whatnot.

Kind of makes you realize just how hardcore a REAL fight can be, and how just knowing to box, or Judo, or BJJ really WON"T help you as much as you think against some of the crazy assholes out there.
    throwing objects is another thing I've been trying to catch onto, very hard though - I guess heres another story

One of these guys I recently started training with is in this bar right, and he's got a reputation for being flashy, doesn't really care that people see him doing all this fancy stuff while he's bouncing (the guys kind of a mental case). So he's sitting on a stool filling out some kind of form and this guy comes up to him and proceeds to calling him out. Saying things like yeah I know martial arts too, 2nd degree black belt this and that whatever. Naturally he says asbolutely nothing back, just looks at the guy and not even with a mean set of eyes just looking at him like it's an everyday conversation. After this dumb S*** is finished shooting his mouth off he turns and starts to walk torward the exit. Right before this guy reaches the door, a screwdriver flys by his face and sticks perfectly into the wall - missing his skull by about 6 inches. He turns and looks torward the bar where my friend is sitting and this guy is filling out the forms like nothing happend, not even looking in that direction. And as expected the loud mouth wasn't a loud mouth anymore, he kept walking and hasn't been seen in that place since.

These people are so amazing and can adapt to so many situations. I never would of thought a quarter or a screwdriver as a serious weapon, but it surely is in the right hands.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So there was a fight in a bar and he walked up to people who where fighting other people and snapped all of their fingers? :P

Sounds like a nutter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bigger balls than you or me

Thread Information