Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Give Taylor credit

the guy's 3 last fights were against highly ranked p4p'ers.

As for the Hopkins fights, fights are judged on a per round basis not a total punch stat basis.

As for the Winky Fight we see that perception wins. Taylor throws punches and whether it hits winky on his arm or elbows the judges perceived this as being effective hence the draw. On the other hand Taylor could have justifiably ducked Winky and fought a fighter whose style was much more amiable just like Mayweather when he fought Sharmba Mitchell after he fought Gatti.

The fact that Taylor has taken 3 of the most difficult fights all in a row he should at least be given credit. People should not overly focus on a possibly bad decision by the judges and penalize Taylor for it. Be glad that Taylor actually give Winky a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Give Taylor credit

Taylor does deserve a lot of credit for his last three fights as no one can argue with the pedigree of opponents in these fights. The decisions are all argueable but boxing is all about opinions and thats a part of boxing I enjoy as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMix27
    the guy's 3 last fights were against highly ranked p4p'ers.

As for the Hopkins fights, fights are judged on a per round basis not a total punch stat basis.

As for the Winky Fight we see that perception wins. Taylor throws punches and whether it hits winky on his arm or elbows the judges perceived this as being effective hence the draw. On the other hand Taylor could have justifiably ducked Winky and fought a fighter whose style was much more amiable just like Mayweather when he fought Sharmba Mitchell after he fought Gatti.

The fact that Taylor has taken 3 of the most difficult fights all in a row he should at least be given credit. People should not overly focus on a possibly bad decision by the judges and penalize Taylor for it. Be glad that Taylor actually give Winky a shot.
    It was not a bad decision by judges by any stretch...I had Taylor winning close fight that could go either way!! JT fought a world-class trifecta that is very rare in boxing in any era!! Hopkins/Hopkins/Wright is unparalleled at least since Hagler, nobody has fought that many top P4P guys back2back2back in a long time!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Taylor by a point. But since I'm not really a fan of either, I don't really care to argue over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOPKINS AND WRIGHT ARE NOT IN THERE PRIME ACCORDING TO MOST ON HERE AND YET TAYLOR CAN'T WIN UNLESS YOU COUNT THE FACT HE WAS GIVEN THOSE FIGHTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Taylor credit, for being lucky with judges.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Thread Information