Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default footwork

I am a little bit confused as to the correct footwork when throwing the jab, right cross, left hook combination.I have tried different ways of doing it ie: jab,cross then little half step to the left with lead foot then left hook.Or take a little step forward/left when throwing jab then cross left hook.In this clip if you skip to 1:45 danny campbell talks about taking a little half step across with the right foot which just confuses me even further.So what is the correct way to throw this combination?

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: footwork

for power i would say the best way is a little step forward with your lead foot on the jab cross and then take a small step forward and right with your right foot with the left hook, this is the basic principle of power transfering weight from one leg to the other while strikeing your target, try that on a heavy bag and you will notice the difference in power in your left hook, then apply what youve learned from that into all of your punches to perfect your form and balance as your boxing, hope this helps

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are over thinking it.
    On that vid he is talking about generating the most power out of the shot on the bag.
    Theres a few ways to hook, there are a few differrent types of hooks on distance, type of target and a moving target where they come into your front center so you are square so you adjust feet the reverse and hook off the rear arm as they run into it.

Anyway this guy is saying to generate power and to be alined when practicing on the bag, step right slightly from your normal stance just to set yourself up.

Dont over think it at this stage ,later on imagine shifting opponents and distances low or high hooks etc but at first just get it all right.

you'll notice the guy workin out doesnt always move a shrt step right, cause he is alreday in position and so he just heel to toes it on alternate feet for the power.

The trainer is still saying good ,great ,great even though he isnt stepping cause he is alredy there.

In sparring or fighting sometimes your opponent moves there for you ,other times you move your feet, this is just a statonary bag and basic shots.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right. The jab is the range finder, the other two punches your either stepping forward or into position to land them on your opponent because they're not coming off your land hand, but the key is to maintain your balance. LOL!! Easier said then done right, because it takes a lot of time and practice to get the feeling of timing. Thats why it takes a lifetime to become a good fighter even if you have the coordination to become one.

Thread Information