Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs Arce on Dec.15 Most Likely

Over the last couple of years, Arce has pulled the rabbit out of the hat so to speak and this may not happen because the rabbit did not make himself available and moved on. Arce for all purposes has been an exciting fighter but maybe this one time he will win, lose or draw fight the fight of his life or crumble like Morales seeking that big pay day. If the fight is on I hope he trains really hard and gives a good account of himself. If he doesn't train properly and he fights hard, I hope his corner is truly protective of him more so than the officials. Everyone has had that last good fight in him before the end. Since I am an Arce fan, I hope it's on December 15, 2012. You've got to want it bad. Does he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At one point Arce was the up and comer (@20 years old) and managed to let Carbajol take his big win from him when he was well ahead on points. Carbajol was a mongoose. He knew the fight game very well, and he could make adjustments. He had been in so many Championship fights. He knew when to turn the heat up.

I have to say, I have never seen Arce make a critical adjustment in a fight he was losing. Even with WV Jr, he just kept applying his pressure until he felt WV back up and try to win on points.

Pressure can break people down, but the ability to break down an opponent's style has never been Arce forte.

Donaire TKO8 probably from cuts

Arce will not even win a single round. I doubt he will even win 1:00 of 1 round!
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are getting wash up by this hype. Its not going to happen.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Why not? Donaire seems to want to fight as much as he can. Arce is starting to mouth off, so something is brewing.
    I would rather see Rigondeaux or Mares vs Donaire, but Arce is good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Why not? Donaire seems to want to fight as much as he can. Arce is starting to mouth off, so something is brewing.
    DONAIRE BATTLES ARCE IN HOUSTON ON DECEMBER 15

They're reaching an agreement. Looks like its gonna be in Houston.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll probably be on the telly now too. And seeing as the Khan fight is on the west coast the fights won't be happening at the same time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight comes off, Donaire will have fought 4X in 2012. One was for a title in a new division with a top ten fighter; one was a unification fight with a top ten fighter; one was a knockout against the consensus number 1 in the division; and, the last is against a big name. Although Arce is not a compelling match-up for Donaire with the outcome already certain, he has a big fan base, and after three moderately difficult-to-difficult fights, I understand the reason for the fight. Given his activity, assuming he beats Arce, Donaire has to be the frontrunner for fighter of the year. Correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    If this fight comes off, Donaire will have fought 4X in 2012. One was for a title in a new division with a top ten fighter; one was a unification fight with a top ten fighter; one was a knockout against the consensus number 1 in the division; and, the last is against a big name. Although Arce is not a compelling match-up for Donaire with the outcome already certain, he has a big fan base, and after three moderately difficult-to-difficult fights, I understand the reason for the fight. Given his activity, assuming he beats Arce, Donaire has to be the frontrunner for fighter of the year. Correct?
    Correct. Absolutely. No doubt about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this goes past 3 rounds, i'll be very surprised. Arce is made for Donaire. This really would be the biggest upset since tyson douglas and that's the truth. The skill difference is crazy. Donaire is gonna destroy him and then we've finally got this fight outta the road. What a nightmare it would be if donaire broke his arm or something and ended up having to be out for a year. That would teach him not to have pointless fights. I know he's doing this because Arce has a good fanbase which donaire would capture but I'd rather see him ko Rigo simply because people think rigo would beat donaire and nobody thinks arce will beat donaire. Rigo really isn't all he's cracked up to be. Big difference between being a great amateur and a great pro. That boy is gonna get koed very soon

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not really, the general consensus is that the top 2 front runners for Fighter of the Year are Garcia and Ward again, not saying that Donaire wouldn't be in the running but as of right now nothing is in black and white

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    not really, the general consensus is that the top 2 front runners for Fighter of the Year are Garcia and Ward again, not saying that Donaire wouldn't be in the running but as of right now nothing is in black and white
    @ElTerribleMorales

That can't be correct, can it? Ward has only fought once this year. You can't be the Fighter of the Year with only one fight. And he fought Dawson 7 pounds below Dawson's natural weight class. Not saying it wasn't a great win though, but when we're talking about Fighter of the Year, wins are more scrutinized than on average.

Garcia has a claim, but I think Donaire's is comparable and his activity probably nicks it. In any event, I agree that Garcia and Donaire have to be the front runners.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Over the last couple of years, Arce has pulled the rabbit out of the hat so to speak and this may not happen because the rabbit did not make himself available and moved on. Arce for all purposes has been an exciting fighter but maybe this one time he will win, lose or draw fight the fight of his life or crumble like Morales seeking that big pay day. If the fight is on I hope he trains really hard and gives a good account of himself. If he doesn't train properly and he fights hard, I hope his corner is truly protective of him more so than the officials. Everyone has had that last good fight in him before the end. Since I am an Arce fan, I hope it's on December 15, 2012. You've got to want it bad. Does he?
    I like Arce as well as most fans, the thing is Donaire is a couple levels above him in talent, power and class. Arce is going to get fucking destroyed on Dec.15th.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    DONAIRE BATTLES ARCE IN HOUSTON ON DECEMBER 15

They're reaching an agreement. Looks like its gonna be in Houston.
    Yup, hopefully Rigon fights somebody with a pulse.

Dec. 15
    At Houston (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO junior featherweight title; Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. TBA, 12 rounds, for Rigondeaux's WBA junior featherweight title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    I did not even think of Ward or Garcia first. Garcia has not really changed weight or beaten anyone who was ranked for his belt. Garcia beat two people this year in 3 fights. A solid argument could be made that Morales had no reason to share the ring with him after his first performance. And Khan was coming off a loss already.

Black and White even if Donaire didn't fight Arce he would still be 4-5 slots ahead of these two. He straight up outclassed his opposition without ducking a soul and moved up in weight
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
    Arce looked shot 2 me against Darchiniyan and that was Arce of 3 yrs ago .
    It was d only Arce fight that i watched , so IDK if he was shot or just sucked .
    Arce vs Donaire in 2012 is a bad mismatch , but mismatches r d Donaire way .

I thought that Donaire was very good after his KO of Darchiniyan , but Darchiniyan was mightily drained against him , and a rematch did not occur during d following yrs .

Darchiniyan is 36 so Donaire may grant him a rematch at 37
    I think you are unfairly being critical of Donaire, he has beaten all the best available fighters and has not avoided anyone. Arce is an exciting fighter but this will be like watching Morales getting beat last weekend.
    i m not being "unfairly" anything at all . Donaire's opposition except of Darchiniyan was shit . He only fought either undersized / old / shit 2 being with or usually a combination of these . Even Darchiniyan was drained @ 112 when Donaire KOd him .

I watched Darchiniyan stopping Arce , Arce looked shit against him and it was yrs ago , u think Arce got better since then ? I do not .

Do u think that all of de guys that Darchiniyan fought @ 118 ducked Donaire ? I do not .
    I think that Donaire ducked them and a rematch with Darchiniyan as well .
    Arce is completely irrelevant right now just like de previous guys that Donaire fought since Darchiniyan .

Thread Information