183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte - Massive Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    So why when asked to elaborate on it (Joshua being a cunt) does Whyte never ever take the opportunity to do so? He doesn't sound like a bloke to hold his tongue. What's he afraid of?
    No idea. Maybe Hearn has made him sign a contract that hes not allowed to mention Joshua dealing drugs? Its conceivable because this hasnt been mentioned at all!

Put it this way, if it was Tyson Fury fighting Joshua or even a heavyweight Mayorga, do we really think the drugs dealing would not be mentioned?

Maybe there is an agreement between both parties not to mention Whytes suspension and Joshuas drug dealing?

Joshua has mentioned Whytes indiscretions plenty of times. Surely Johnny Nelson would have been filled on any gagging order and told not to push Whyte too hard about why he thinks Joshua is a scumbag?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So why when asked to elaborate on it (Joshua being a cunt) does Whyte never ever take the opportunity to do so? He doesn't sound like a bloke to hold his tongue. What's he afraid of?
    No idea. Maybe Hearn has made him sign a contract that hes not allowed to mention Joshua dealing drugs? Its conceivable because this hasnt been mentioned at all!

Put it this way, if it was Tyson Fury fighting Joshua or even a heavyweight Mayorga, do we really think the drugs dealing would not be mentioned?

Maybe there is an agreement between both parties not to mention Whytes suspension and Joshuas drug dealing?

Joshua has mentioned Whytes indiscretions plenty of times. Surely Johnny Nelson would have been filled on any gagging order and told not to push Whyte too hard about why he thinks Joshua is a scumbag?
    You do realise what you saw was very edited? Whyte has said he wants the rest of it shown because yu get to see what he was on about!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do realise what you saw was very edited? Whyte has said he wants the rest of it shown because yu get to see what he was on about!
    I have suspicions that point pretty much the same way. Joshuais alright in my book but he's image/ persona/ career is very well-guided, dare I even say protected to some extent.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The IFL interviews aren't censored. Whyte doesn't seem to like being portrayed as the villain but that's his role. Without his mouth and the amateur win this fight isn't even happening. I was actually disappointed with him at the first press conference giving it all smiles.

I hope on Thursday he goes back to telling AJ he's gonna smash him in the mouth there and then.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The IFL interviews aren't censored. Whyte doesn't seem to like being portrayed as the villain but that's his role. Without his mouth and the amateur win this fight isn't even happening. I was actually disappointed with him at the first press conference giving it all smiles.

I hope on Thursday he goes back to telling AJ he's gonna smash him in the mouth there and then.
    They are actually.

I watched one where Whyte said Simms wasnt really Joshuas trainer and that everyone knows its really Robert McCracken (another of his fake things). I then saw on twitter that Whyte was asking Kugan and James why that had been edited out, so I went back to the video to see and it had indeed been taken out of the IFL interview.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You got way to much time on your hands Ross!
    Things will get nasty at the weigh in I reckon.
    Whyte will hopefully snap because AJ
    Is just ice cold.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So lets assume one of two things then shall we. Every single time Whyte is pushed on why he thinks Joshua is a scumbag, his response is carefully edited so's not to reveal something that is already common knowledge.

or......

Whyte is full of shit and hasn't actually got anything new or interesting to say.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So lets assume one of two things then shall we. Every single time Whyte is pushed on why he thinks Joshua is a scumbag, his response is carefully edited so's not to reveal something that is already common knowledge.

or......

Whyte is full of shit and hasn't actually got anything new or interesting to say.
    You would have to ask Sky and IFL why they edit out certain things he says.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian looking in the best shape hes been in on 16th of November in the Klitschko camp.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DillianWh...893632/photo/1

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, Ross, of course for legal reasons certain bits will be edited but Whyte has done about a million interviews with IFL and has never expanded on "AJ is a scumbag." Even when AJ asks him to explain what he means he doesn't.

AS for Robert McCracken being AJ's trainer. Maybe he is, but that's Tony Simms with him at the public workout on Monday.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Yes, Ross, of course for legal reasons certain bits will be edited but Whyte has done about a million interviews with IFL and has never expanded on "AJ is a scumbag." Even when AJ asks him to explain what he means he doesn't.

AS for Robert McCracken being AJ's trainer. Maybe he is, but that's Tony Simms with him at the public workout on Monday.
    Im not arguing with you im only repeating what iv read and heard. As Smashup has noticed I do have ALOT of time on my hands and spend too much trawlng info on boxing. Robert McCracken helps train the England squad and the rules state hes not allowed to train pros at the same time. The amateur committee will obvioulsy know whats going on but if its not publicised they cant be criticised for not enforcing their rules.

People are starved of excitment and feel robbed that not only did Tyson Fury beat Klitschko, that he did it skillfully. Some will refuse to accept him, especially the media and a lot of build up and hope has been invested in Joshua in the hope he can remove Tyson and fast.

Arguably he shouldnt have got any of the decisions in the 2012 olympics and hasnt really fought anyone with ambition in the pros yet. Joshua is very untested and this will be his first real test.

Everyone is overlooking Whyte big time. Hes been around the pros for much longer. He was used by Vitali and Wladimir as a sparring partner. Also Tyson Fury. His 2 years out was spent as a jobbing sparring partner. Hes tough and can punch! He did a better job on Minto than Parker could. If he lands clean on Joshua I can see Joshua getting clumsy as he hasnt been really whacked by anyone in the pros yet and hasnt had to deal with the adversity.

Whyte has built himself without a PR team, promoter and TV station backing him. Hes got himself a world class trainer and been in world class facilities with world class sparring partners. Hes got more than a chance!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying what I'm saying to rubbish Whytes chances Ross, I think Joshua is the favourite and I expect him to win but Whyte will answer some if not all of the questions hanging over Joshua's head.

I'm merely saying Whyte seems to have a lot to say but never actually says it. His approach mentally where Joshua is concerned doesn't seem right to me. He's like a bull at a gate and displays a lot of anger with no real foundation to it other than what seems to me to be jealousy.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying what I'm saying to rubbish Whytes chances Ross, I think Joshua is the favourite and I expect him to win but Whyte will answer some if not all of the questions hanging over Joshua's head.

I'm merely saying Whyte seems to have a lot to say but never actually says it. His approach mentally where Joshua is concerned doesn't seem right to me. He's like a bull at a gate and displays a lot of anger with no real foundation to it other than what seems to me to be jealousy.
    To be fair hes been shit on. Fighters like Brian Magee tested positive for something in a suppliment, same circumstances as Whyte but he only got a 6 month ban whereas Whyte got 2 years!!

He probably does have a bit of jealousy and bitterness but thats whats fueling and driving him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got the Robert McCracken thing backwards. He can't be in the corner for amateur fights because he's got a pro licence. Do you remember Carl Froch? McCracken was his trainer at the same time as running the GB setup in Sheffield.

@ross - you said Kevin Johnson was AJ's first test. Then said Gary Cornish was his first test. You seem to change your tune after he explosively batters people but maybe you'll give him some credit this time (lol).

And I fully agree with you, Joshua, being an exciting massive puncher, is far more exciting than Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Warrington gone from the bill (ill), Chisora now fighting on it (he's now with the Sauerland bro's after giving FW the elbow). Wonder who AJ will be fighting next (if he wins of course).

Thread Information