Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saddos political loop threads

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Saddos political loop threads

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well, not everybody. For example... Beanie's always kissing your ass.
    So you agree that people are "constantly attacking my views....almost like I'm not allowed to have them".....well that's big of you to admit although the shallow & bitter nature at the end of your comment have me wondering. When we debate would you rather people take sides of their own free will or join you in opposing me? It seems you are rather hung up on that, I hope you reason out of it eventually.

I don't accuse miles or Kirkland of kissing your ass or vice versa and as Beanz has mentioned in the other thread he posted in there before I even got to that thread so perhaps....PERHAPS he made up his own mind before I even got there
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-28-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad, lonely men, with way too much time on their hands.

Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Why do you guys keep the loop going?
    The arguments are the same in every "political" thread, noone has been convinced of anything or stated they were wrong at any point in the history of this forums political stuff.

I'm really wondering why you keep doing it, is it so you can high five those that agree with you?

Is it too vent about the other side?

Is it to prove some kind of superiority?

Is it to inform?

Is it to inspire?

Is it to warn?

Just curious the motivations behind it.
    Why would you pose a question to which you have already decided the answers? You can dress it up how you like but you dont have to remove too many layers in order to reveal the condescension. What do you mean by political? Where do you draw the line between current affairs and politics? All of your hypothesis are valid reasons for posting in such threads, but dont forget we are all fight fans and having a bit of a tear up is surely entertaining for at least some here.

And here I thought you were just an asshole toward me.
    Turns out you're an EOA (Equal Opportunity Asshole).
    How enlightening.
    Make your mind up. I am not breaking @killersheeps balls, I am meeting him with equal frankness. Now I suppose I am brown nosing by crediting him with more intelligence, dignity and good manners than yourself. If you insist on trailing your own leaky arse through every thread, may I humbly suggest a nappy (what you chaps would call a diaper) to prevent further embarrassing yourself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The arguments are the same in every "political" thread, noone has been convinced of anything or stated they were wrong at any point in the history of this forums political stuff.

I'm really wondering why you keep doing it, is it so you can high five those that agree with you?

Is it to inform?

Is it to inspire?

Is it to warn?

Why would you pose a question to which you have already decided the answers? You can dress it up how you like but you dont have to remove too many layers in order to reveal the condescension. What do you mean by political? Where do you draw the line between current affairs and politics? All of your hypothesis are valid reasons for posting in such threads, but dont forget we are all fight fans and having a bit of a tear up is surely entertaining for at least some here.

And here I thought you were just an asshole toward me.
    Turns out you're an EOA (Equal Opportunity Asshole).
    How enlightening.
    Make your mind up. I am not breaking @killersheep s balls, I am meeting him with equal frankness. Now I suppose I am brown nosing by crediting him with more intelligence, dignity and good manners than yourself. If you insist on trailing your own leaky arse through every thread, may I humbly suggest a nappy (what you chaps would call a diaper) to prevent further embarrassing yourself.

Haha... call it what you want, gramps. But I had you pegged wrong... I thought your only talents were flowery, bullshit-filled prose and kissing ass. Now I realize you can add being an obnoxious asshole to the list. I can help you with your resume if you'd like.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    So you agree that people are "constantly attacking my views....almost like I'm not allowed to have them".....well that's big of you to admit although the shallow & bitter nature at the end of your comment have me wondering. When we debate would you rather people take sides of their own free will or join you in opposing me? It seems you are rather hung up on that, I hope you reason out of it eventually.

I don't accuse miles or Kirkland of kissing your ass or vice versa and as Beanz has mentioned in the other thread he posted in there before I even got to that thread so perhaps....PERHAPS he made up his own mind before I even got there

Kirkland and I oppose your views, but from different angles. Kirkland routinely ignores my posts as he carries on with his own agendas. I guess I do the same with him. Miles also opposes most of your views, but from a much more radical angle than I do. You may have noticed how I oppose some of Miles' very extreme views. We disagree, but in a civil manner. You and I do too, except lately that you seem to have developed a short fuse. It's probably the ass-kissing you get from gramps.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even think I am particularly extreme. I am just more willing to think outside of the status quo and say the things that you are not supposed to say. Even my views on the paralympics are not viewed as particularly radical in the real world. It was one of my routines in the pub last summer and nobody got offended in the slightest and accepted that there was a lot of logic in what I was saying. I think in saying things on a forum, all those nuances that you see in real life are lost. The eye contact, the gestures, the sound of the voice. It is all lost and so what comes out in text form seems far more challenging, demanding and unorthodox. I don't see any of it in actuality being all that extreme.

I don't know what is going on between Tito and Beanz. It's odd seeing the vitriol spread page after page. I thought I was supposed to be the extreme one.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland and I oppose your views, but from different angles. Kirkland routinely ignores my posts as he carries on with his own agendas. I guess I do the same with him. Miles also opposes most of your views, but from a much more radical angle than I do. You may have noticed how I oppose some of Miles' very extreme views. We disagree, but in a civil manner. You and I do too, except lately that you seem to have developed a short fuse. It's probably the ass-kissing you get from gramps.
    I just deal with the wrongness. I'm in the business of being right and when I come here and read stuff that's so severely wrong I get extremely offended by it and have to explain why the person is wrong on the internet. If something is right, or even close to right, or even not egregiously wronjg I leave it alone. There's isn't enough time to deal with every tiny nitpick.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I just deal with the wrongness. I'm in the business of being right and when I come here and read stuff that's so severely wrong I get extremely offended by it and have to explain why the person is wrong on the internet. If something is right, or even close to right, or even not egregiously wronjg I leave it alone. There's isn't enough time to deal with every tiny nitpick.

What is " the business of being right" ? Statistician? It would explain your fondness for graphs and diagrams.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

What is " the business of being right" ? Statistician? It would explain your fondness for graphs and diagrams.

Private equity. I look after peoples' money for them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only join in on occasion. To assert my alpha male dominance, maybe pee on a few legs. Make a general mockery of people's beliefs. Post a few gifs. Then go back to the more important things in life. Like Pokemon card trading.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I exist therefore I am, and in essence it describes me. I am who I am and as I carry on existing, I've got to do what I do. As long as the moral truisms are in place then there should really be no objections. Not always, but mostly I stick with that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it to inform?

Is it to inspire?

Is it to warn?

"Political" threads are OK, until like you say they begin getting repetitious (loop), or they get uncivil and the childish insults start. For the most part the threads are harmless, and give our resident Saddo intellectuals an opportunity to buff up on their typing/grammar skills. I say let them have their fun

When the topic is related to history, like for example the holocaust, et al, it always makes me realize that historical events are subjective to whomever is reporting them. We'll never get a totally accurate/objective picture of the social and political events that happened throughout our human history.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it to inform?

Is it to inspire?

Is it to warn?

Funny thread.

Like flies to shit, one mention of politics and opinions and there are tantrums and arguments all over as everyone shouts their correct opinion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO, vast majority of the people had been brainwashed by this or that political personalities or parties and as a result, they just repeat the same lines over and over again and again. I've noticed hardly anyone nowadays goes for what is right, which should be the sole basis for their judgement. The biggest obstacle here is that the ideologues will always try to get your heart with all their guiles and wiles, more innocently known as propaganda, and once they got your heart for any cause, you're a goner, a puppet and it'll be near impossible to get it out of your heart again. So my dear fellas, watch your hearts 'cause once it's taken, it'll be nigh impossible to sake it off. Just don't give your heart to any personality or ideology, but instead use your head and go for what you think is right, and you'll be fine...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Thread Information