Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: David Price v Tony Thompson- Saturday Night- Boxnation- Fight/Chat Thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Price v Tony Thompson- Saturday Night- Boxnation- Fight/Chat Thread

Your deluded if you think Maloney is going to risk ANYTHING with Price after last night!

Did you see his face?

He must have realised this was a risk? Maybe he bought in to the hype himself? I bet he breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the shape of Thomson on the scales I bet he puked when he watched his investment rolling around on his back then do the khan wobble when he got

He cant go back in with Thompson, not imediately and shouldnt have been in there with him in the first place.

I said its a massive jump in class from fighting british level journeymen that were retired to so eone whos just challenged for a title. He needs to be learning from tougher journeymen but thats it, his style is so basic and amateurish, he needs to be weened out of it. Look at Fury, hes leagues above Price, has learnt how to deal with being hurt, is fighting tough experienced opponents. Maloney hasnt got a fucking clue. Everyone knew Price was chinny. If you look at the little video clip of the shot that Fury dropped Price with when Fury was only 17 it was the same kind of shot

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Price v Tony Thompson- Saturday Night- Boxnation- Fight/Chat Thread

Other than setting Price back 6 months I dont see that this changes the landscape much. Everyone was wondering what would happen when he got a clump, now we know. Some of us seem to fall under the impression that once someone is exposed as having a shakey chin its game over. Its far from the case, you dont have too look far for precedent.

I still think Price irons Fury out. Fury would beat Thompson on points. The only relevant fight in that triangle is Fury V Price. No ones going to win a World title against Thompson.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price wont come back from this. He will be the new Audley. Gun shy!

Maloney will spend money on giving him a few more bums to try and get some confidence back but as soon as he steps it up the reality that Price just isn't as good as Fury will hit home and Price will be crawling and rolling round on the floor again then doing Amir Khans dance and Maloney will drop him like a sack of shit

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Price wont come back from this. He will be the new Audley. Gun shy!

Maloney will spend money on giving him a few more bums to try and get some confidence back but as soon as he steps it up the reality that Price just isn't as good as Fury will hit home and Price will be crawling and rolling round on the floor again then doing Amir Khans dance and Maloney will drop him like a sack of shit
    Finally we agree on something where Fury/Price are concerned. If the reality is that you're not as good as Tyson Fury then yes I'd give this boxing lark the Spanish.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price isnt good for Maloney.

Frank Maloney had to be rushed to hospital last night with a suspected heart attack!

Get some tougher fighters Frank. Try and sign Fury

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Frank Maloney is OK. I think he knows enough about boxing to do what is best for Price.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Hopefully Frank Maloney is OK. I think he knows enough about boxing to do what is best for Price.
    Defending his British title

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I'm disappointed but not shocked. I'll be honest, I didn't really notice how bad his chin was until someone on here pointed out something in the Sexton fight. I watched it again and saw it, then saw it again in the Skelton fight. I still think his power can take him somewhere in a pretty weak division. Fury has no chin either, he's just being protected against non-punchers.
    Fury has been dumped on his arse before and got back up to win. Some fighters go down surprisingly easy but if they can get back up, no problem. If they go down easy and can't continue, like Price last night, then they are going to struggle. Wouldn't even say I'm overly impressed with Price's power, he is a big guy and has some good skills. Not sure what he was doing last night waving his left around in Thompsons face then trying to fire in a quick straight right. Something tells me they underestimated Thompson.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally caught it after probs with download lastnight. That was a very ugly ko, def more a eqillibrium shot more than a flush chin shot...but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Says much more about Price and Tony Thompson was the same ol Thompson

Price better find something to do with that left hand. Stop pawing it and pick it up, and tighten up when he goes in to flurry along the ropes, very wide open with head in front of everything. Very gangly in there. Long way back but honestly I have more respect for a 'prospect' that will step up competition this early and roll the dice then I do one who wallows in mediocrity pounding out stunt men and cans to pad a record and really not learn alot at all.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So is this the upset of the year so far? There are 7 pages on here with everyone trying to decide if Price would get the KO in the 2nd or the 5th. Even @Fenster got it wrong.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

Haha just watched the fight...ridiculous. Price vs Fury could still be a solid fight, but Thompson isn't a huge puncher. Last time Wlad fought Thompson, Wlad treated him like he didn't even belong in the ring with him. I wonder what is next for Thompson.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maloney hasn't been able to get David Price enough fights and rounds during the past several years.

Price has been a pro since 2008, and yet has fewer than 1/3 the rounds Tyson Fury and others have had. Wilder is fighting soft opposition, but at least he is fighting often.

When Wladimir Klitschko was knocking everybody out in an early round, he fought 14 times in 1997. Mike Tyson fought 17 times in one year when he was doing the same.

When Wlad had been a pro as long as Price, he had over 35 fights and was WBO heavyweight champion.

Price isn't as sharp as he should be because of not getting in enough rounds, he should have been able to avoid that punch yesterday.

Cus D'Amato: "Inactivity ruins a fighter"

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It look like a love tap instead of a KO punch.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A love tap that perforated his ear drum.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    So is this the upset of the year so far? There are 7 pages on here with everyone trying to decide if Price would get the KO in the 2nd or the 5th. Even @Fenster got it wrong.
    Ahem:

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Hovhannisyan - UD
    Peterson - UD
    Glazkov - TKO
    Smith - PTS
    Thompson - TKO
    Sanchez - TKO (j)
    Just ignore how staggeringly wrong the other predictions were .

Thread Information